• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Four
  • Real Name
    Irene
  • Country
    Scotland

Recent Profile Visitors

722 profile views
  1. Hello Angie and welcome. I'm new too.
  2. Sorry to read that you recently lost your little friend. It's a sad time for you. Our cat Thomas is 20 and if he makes it to May, he'll be 21. I find myself checking to see if he's still breathing when he's asleep! I dread the time coming when he's no longer around.
  3. Thanks for the welcome Jackie. I have heard that some American programmes have subtitles for us Scots
  4. Thank you Jeremy. The kilts were made for another project but seemed to fit in quite nicely on that blog. I hope you enjoy the Games on Saturday and it's nice to hear that you play the pipes. They always make me feel very patriotic when I hear them at the Tatoo!
  5. Thank you Gloria, it's nice to be here.
  6. I buy all three Miniature magazines available over here but my preference has to be for Dolls House and Miniature Scene. A few years ago I purchased 2/3 Miniature Collector mags from ebay and was impressed enough to get a subscription for it. Sadly as the year went on, the magazine got thinner and the content seemed to change (in my opinion). I stick with the original three now.
  7. Initially I created a spreadsheet to keep track of costs but it didn't last long. I decided I didn't want to know and that was the end of that! For a long time I maintained, I don't make - I collect. That's gone out the window too! My first stab at making mini furniture arose when I needed two tables for The Tearooms 2" square. They were nowhere to be found so...........with some balsa and four spindles I made a table. I was so pleased with it (lol) I've made more since. Occasionally there are items and accessories that while expensive are very do-able with a bit of thought. I'm game now to have a go. Jo - that furniture is fabulous. The only thing is, all the other stuff would have to be high end too - on the other hand, I've have some balsa, a piece of fabric............ :lol:
  8. davidsmum

Netherton

Netherton is my lifetime project! It's a custom built birch ply property and measures 4' x 4'. The period is set between 1901 and 1914. The name was taken from a holiday cottage hubby's family owned in the late 1800s.
  9. davidsmum

Hambleton Hall

This is my very first property started in 2006. It has a Georgian exterior with the interior set in 1880 and I have tried very hard to be true to the period. I was fortunate enough to have this property featured in the Miniaturas magazine.
  10. davidsmum

The Tenement

This is my representation of an existing early 17th Century building in Edinburgh's Royal Mile (Gladstone's Land). I have tried to replicate each room as it is shown today. The top two rooms will be my impression of what it may have been like at that time as I have two extra rooms to deal with. The building is just over 5' high and each room is approximately 10" square.
  11. Thank you Debra. I'm pleased you like it.
  12. Selkie, Thanks for the welcome and I'm pleased you like what I'm doing. Apples Tearooms is a kit house from Smaller Homes and their own name (not sure if I can post links here!) I kept the name because I liked it. Hambleton Hall is also a kit house - again the trade name - from Julie Anns Dolls Houses, The Tenement is my name for this property and is made up of seven individual stacked room boxes (each with their own door). Dolls House Concepts was the supplier for that one. The largest - I've not made it to the album with that one yet - is Netherton. This is a ready built (with one or two modifications) birch ply house by Denesway Dolls Houses who unfortunately are no longer in business due to ill health.
  13. Hello. I'm new here too and will probably bump into you while wandering through the forum! Good luck with your Orchid - it may be your first house but it certainly wnt be your last.
  14. Hello Patricia and thank you for the welcome. I'm pleased you like my Tearooms and appreciate your comment on the album.
  15. Hello gloria and thank you for the welcome. Glad to hear you enjoyed your holiday and yes, I've been inspired by Edinburgh's Old Town. Pics coming soon of my Tenement. Slainte!