Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    lori
  • Country
    United States
  1. Thank you so much for your reply... I tried editing out all the characters but it didn't work Anyway, I'm glad to know about the adapters for sconces and the outlets that plug right into the tape wire. What I was confused about is putting a sconce on a wall that has no room behind it, just the outside of the house....I'm not sure yet where I would like them to go or what kind I will get, and would like to paper and decorate etc first. Just didn't want to jump the gun and find that I had to go back and rip out paper. I am very confused about the wiring, but would like to get on with the papering. I will make some kind of template of my tape wire. Hope I will be ok with it. I have not glued my sheet wood flooring in, do you think it wise to leave it like this and just have it lie flat, so that I can get to the tapwire underneath, if need be? Thanks!
  2. I don't know why I am getting crazy symbols before the content of my post?!
  3. Thank you fov and Kathie, I will actually do both suggestions.... I have wood flooring that I already fitted to the room but just set it in, so I can do an outlet there. I also like the template idea, which will be good to have. If I use brads to connect to the tapewire, do they go under the wallpaper, in which case I will have to decide where all my lights will be, before I paper, or do they go on top of the wall paper, behind bureaus etc? I really like the idea of just outlets and plugging prongs into those, so I won't screw up! Also what about sconces where you don't see any wires, I would like to do several of those.....do they come with prongs, that I can just push right into the tape wire? I am scared! LOL Thanks for all the help!!
  4. Hi everyone, I picked up a cute custom made dollhouse at a tag sale for $5...I have gutted it of the old wall paper and upholstery fabric that someone laid down as carpeting, what a job that was! It is all cedar shingled and reminds me of a 1700's type farmhouse. Anyway, unbelievably I managed to get all the tapewire laid (my first time) and the tester actually shows that I have power! My question is how do the lights connect to the tape wire? I bought little outlets, do I just plug them into the tape wire and then the lights come with cords and plugs. I will make a 'map' of the wire, but don't you still have to feel around for the wire if you paper over it (to make sure the prongs go in the pink and blue part of the wires). Am I supposed to paper first or hook the lights up first, and then isn't it hard to paper around all the little holes, etc? A little confused! thanks!
  5. Hi Deborah, I'm new here too and am also working on the Orchid. I have found everyone to be very helpful! Enjoy! Lori
  6. I've always loved beautiful architectural details and find myself checking out all the historic houses I drive by even more closely now that I have this wonderful new hobby! lol....I love the mix of fishscales with the siding....I think I will start taking pictures too!
  7. bearlover

Faerie bed

Love the little potion bottle, a nice little surprise
  8. bearlover

Older bed

Ohhh, this is so lovely and feminine
  9. Yes, this is the 'mixed shingle' look I am going for! Thank you, these tutorials are very helpful. When I first bought the Orchid kit, I didn't realize I could change so many things on the house, til I started exploring the 'dollhouse world'!
  10. Yes! Thanks Debora...I have ordered some clapboards and fishscale style shingles from the Greenleaf site, to try out for the sides of the house.