kathi17

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by kathi17

1. Welcome to the group Peggy. I'm a little behind in reading the forums, so I'm late in greeting you. We'd love to see photos of the house you built, you have enough posts to start an album! I see that everyone has already given you great advice about the difference between RGT and Greenleaf/Corona. I've built both brands, as well as a few others, and don't have a preference. I guess it all depends on finding the house you just "have" to have! Remember, we are all here to help, no matter which house you choose, and if you have a problem, there will probably be someone on here who has already figured it out, so just ask!
  2. Oh my, I missed this thread, and never got to see your listing. I'm really glad it sold!
  3. From the album: Japanese Inn and Spa Ryokan

Today I did more on the stone retaining walls, then worked on more flowers for the path going down the right hand side of the ryokan. This is the view from near the little bridge, looking down the path. I added some bushes at the end of a few flower clumps to sort of hide what is behind. (I want to make it so the guests will want to wander down the path to see what is back there). The path widens out behind the bushes, and I will try to figure out what I want to do behind the bushes. I'm thinking the stone lantern will be back there, and I really want to put a little bench and more flowers there as well. There will be those larger trees and some bushes at the end.
  4. kathi17

flowersinwall.jpg

From the album: Japanese Inn and Spa Ryokan

I added some flowersoft to some of the moss in the walls. There is a lot of it in this corner, but it is only widely scattered everywhere else.
  5. I'm with the others who either use Pinterest or google images. There are so many interesting ideas, that it doesn't take long to get inspired again!
  6. Are you getting the dollhouse Patricia? It really is a beauty! I've always loved the rounded steps and edge of that porch. I really liked a lot of Duracraft's houses, they are a royal pain to build, but some of their architectural details were so interesting!
  7. I love your fairy stump Sharon. It looks like so much fun to decorate!
  8. kathi17

irises1.jpg

Thanks so much! I was pretty happy with them too, and they weren't difficult.
  9. kathi17

cat-o-ninetails2.jpg

Thanks, I did a little tutorial here: http://ryokandollhouse.blogspot.com/2016/10/more-cat-o-nine-tails-and-more-flowers.html They were really easy!
  10. I sure wish we had three day weekends, because it would have been fun to go. I hope you got some beautiful things!
  11. From the album: Japanese Inn and Spa Ryokan

More flowers I made for the ryokan. The yellow and white ones are from kits, and the purple ones I made from scratch. (Please excuse the messy retaining wall, I have to let the glue set up before I fill in the holes, or everything shifts around).
  12. kathi17

irises2a.jpg

From the album: Japanese Inn and Spa Ryokan

Irises and cat-o-nine tails I made for the ryokan. The onsen is still wet because it's so cold here now, but I'm having fun adding things to it before I put the "water" in! I made the irises and cat-o-nine tails from scratch.
  13. kathi17

Easy flowers I made from scratch

These aren't works of art, but they were all relatively quick and easy to make.
  14. kathi17

IMG-4485.jpg

I wish I could watch youtube, it looks beautiful!
  15. kathi17

hutch

You did a great job on it!
  16. I hope they are Kelli, because they work so well in tiny spaces! The pico size are so tiny that you can barely see them on the ends of the hair like wires. It's a bit of a pain working with the wires because they are so tiny, but it's definitely worth it. Your house will look so cute lit up!
  17. kathi17

Instructions image

I know what you mean, I put a copper roof on the bay on my granddaughter's Orchid, and I loved it!
  18. I saw your house in your album Kelli. It's really beautiful! Some of these in the pico size would work great in your house. I used some in my ryokan, and they really put out a lot of light. If you get the three volt size, with the little coin battery holder, they would be really easy to use. They are so tiny that you can put them anywhere! Here is the kit with coin cell holder and switch. You can use more than one chip per battery holder. I had already built this little lantern, and was sorry it wasn't lit. Then I found these little chip lights, and they fit right in through one of the tiny holes!
  19. He is so cute! I used to make all my own clothes, but for some reason, I absolutely hated making miniature clothes. You did a great job on both of your little people!
  20. Wow, your work is really gorgeous! I favorited your shop so I will always be able to find it!
  21. Welcome to the group Paul! Holly gave you great advice about the first steps to take with the house. I've never built the Westville, but it is a really cute little house!