kathi17

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by kathi17

1. kathi17

pothanger0ct7.jpg

From the album: Japanese Inn and Spa Ryokan

Here is the pot hanger with stuff on it. Right now, they are on with lots of wax, because they were falling off as fast as I hung more. When I hung the hanger, I messed up one of the beams in the ceiling, so I'm going to have to take it down and fix the ceiling. When I do, I will tighten up the hooks so the pots won't be removable. It's the only way to keep them from falling off every now and again. It also will eliminate those giant gobs of wax!
  2. kathi17

Instructions image

Yours is much prettier!
  3. kathi17

Close up porch

It really looks lovely!
  4. It looks great! Year ago, I bought the Cape May Cottage and built it. At that time, I knew nothing about building anything that tiny, and I didn't finish the inside. Now I'm sorry I didn't try it. Yours is beautiful. Kudos for doing such a wonderful job with it!
  5. kathi17

pothanger.jpg

A few days ago, I made a pot hanger for the kitchen of my ryokan. It's made from narrow basswood strips and those cocktail picks that are like toothpicks, cut to the correct lengths. I hung it from tiny brass chains I got at a boat model supply place.
  6. I hate Facebook, but I did get an account because I sort of had to for lots of reasons. I just don't normally use it. They own Instagram too. I refuse to use Instagram, I'll stick with Pinterest.
  7. Very nice house, I can't wait to see what more you do with it!
  8. For some reason when I just clicked on the WSJ Facebook page, I got to read the whole article! I went to their page, searched"dollhouse", and the article came up. I clicked on the link, and voila, there it was! https://www.facebook.com/wsj/ edit: darn, I was leaving a comment, and forgot you can't start a new paragraph on FB, so I didn't get to the rest of what I was going to say. Whoever decided you couldn't use paragraphs on FB should be fired!
  9. Darn it's telling me I have to subscribe to read it. :-( They don't even show the picture, just the first sentence.
  10. kathi17

Late Empire Sideboard

Thanks for letting me know hat. I'll search for it now!
  11. kathi17

hobbylobbyhaul.jpg

Thanks Debora, I'm going to start painting and sealing the pool and stream today!
  12. kathi17

landscapingoct1.jpg

Thanks so much Claire. It's been really fun building it!
  13. kathi17

geisha

She's a beautiful little doll, and you've built such a pretty house for her!
  14. kathi17

koi.jpg

Your koi came out great!
  15. kathi17

geisha3.jpg

I almost bought that same bridge for my garden. In the end, I bought one of the plastic ones instead, because the hole under the bridge was bigger in the plastic one. Those little bridges are so cute!
  16. kathi17

exterior wall

I like the threads, they add a little decoration to the outside.
  17. Hi Erin, I didn't see your post until this morning. (I was away visiting the grandchildren when you first posted it). Anyway, I'm looking at your geisha album now, your roombox looks beautiful!
  18. kathi17

waterbasin1.jpg

Thanks Mike! The research is one of the best parts of this build. I'm learning so much!
  19. That looks much nicer. The house is going to be gorgeous!
  20. You are doing a wonderful job with this. It's beautiful!
  21. kathi17

addingfoliage.jpg

I added more rocks to the retaining wall, and am trying to fill in the cracks with foliage.
  22. kathi17

onsen1.jpg

This shows my celluclay outdoor onsen, (hot spring). I made a little stream above, and put the bridge over it. The stream will come out of a little stone place in the terrace behind the bridge. I'm thinking that the onsen is still too round, and not natural looking enough, so I may extend it further up the side on the right after I do a little more landscaping. Ignore those little flower beds that are on there now.They were some I made years ago, and I just put them on there because I wanted flowers. They really aren't Japanese style though, so they will soon be gone. The bottom of the pool will be deeper blue in the center, shading out to lighter blues and greens toward the edges. The stream will have the lighter shades of blues and greens because it will be shallower. The outside walls will be painted to look like rocks. Once I manage to get some "water effects", I will add a little waterfall.