kathi17

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Image Comments posted by kathi17

1. 36 minutes ago, aggiemae said:

Kathy, I've been gone a while and haven't seen the finished build. It's just fantastic I am so happy that you enjoyed bringing it to life and shared your build with everyone.

Thank you so much Aggiemae. I'm really happy that I've technically got it done so you can see how much happiness you brought me by selling it to me.

I've got more things I am going to make for the inside, but since the ryokan is technically done right now, I'm concentrating on the landscaping. The landscaping is making it look so much nicer! Lately, between working on greeting cards for a craft show I'm doing on Saturday, I've been making tons of flowers for the landscaping, and also designing a teahouse to go in the garden. I want this house to be a real work of art!

2. Most of those big English country estates had a number of dogs, and most had huge amounts of land for them to roam on, so a dog on the front steps, and a couple inside wouldn't look at all out of place, and I think that all of those breeds would be apropriate! (I'm such an enabler) :-D

Anyway, from watching all episodes of "All Creatures Great and Small" at least once a year, that is what I've observed whenever they are in one of the country estates!

• Like 2
  3. I'm partial to big dogs as well, and the wolfhound is so elegant. Whatever the wolfound is laying on could be painted to look like a blanket.

I was also going to suggest both. You've got a big house there, and one dog alone will get very lonely. He will need a playmate!

• Like 1
  4. It's funny how bamboo is supposed to be so popular because it is renewable, and plastic is supposed to be unpopular, but now bamboo is more difficult to find, and plastic is everywhere!

Luckily, bamboo skewers are really easy to find at the grocery stores, but those don't have the hollow centers like bamboo sticks do.

5. 51 minutes ago, wormwoodz said:

Your landscaping looks fantastic, I can imagine you've put a lot of hours and care into this project. Keep up the great work!

Thanks, now that I've finished the house, (except for anything I might decide I want to add later), I feel like I can just relax and take my time with the landscaping.

6. 51 minutes ago, wormwoodz said:

Wow this looks amazing! You make it sound easy but looks pretty complicated to me :eek:

Actually it really was easy. Just drawing little curved things on wax paper with a tube of sealant! Making the water basins was a little more complicated, because I wanted to use little pieces of bamboo, like it would be in real life. Unfortunately, I couldn't find little pieces of bamboo anywhere. I couldn't even find those bamboo placemats that used to be everywhere. Now all the bamboo placemats around here are made of plastic. :-( Anyway, for the top spout, I used a bamboo skewer and put a black dot on the end to look like a hole. I needed a larger piece for the hole at the bottom, and ended up using a brass tube.

7. Thanks Debora, I sort of wish I had made a sandy bottom now though, it doesn't really look like a deep pool, even though I tried to follow the Woodland Scenics tutorial. I think the sandy bottom would have looked more real.