Summersethomes

Gold Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Summersethomes last won the day on April 9 2022

Summersethomes had the most liked content!

196 Excellent

About Summersethomes

Profile Information

• Interests
    Dollhouses, roomboxes, mini food, Beagles AND our new boxer lab mix named Cooper, 6 toed cats, model car customs, doll customs, robots, polymer clay figures..the list is endless

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Marisa
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

2,635 profile views
  1. thats all Ive been doing for the past two years, I started out with the evil dead cabin, so far Ive done the Bates Mansion, Night of the living dead farm house (1968) Texas Chainsaw Massacre roombox, Sleep Away Camp (counselors cabin) Final Destination 5 (the race car accident) Friday the 13th cabin and finally the Meyers house from Halloween. right now Im working on the Neibolt house from It. Im almost finished..after that I have the Blair Witch project waiting I might tackle the house from Salems Lot or Fright Night the Original movie with Chris Sarandon, what I really want to do is the crypt keepers mansion now that would be fun. making these houses out of cardboard and joint compound has given me a lot of confidence in my skills and abilities. I went from wanting to do this... to doing it (I should thank you ladies for being so supportive)
  2. thanks for the tip, I just added some houses that I made for my husbands store to fill up space but now they are showing up on the front page.
  3. Summersethomes

trailers

these are the trailers I made from scratch
  4. welcome to the family, Im working on three halloween houses right now building them from carboard and joint compound I learned how to do it from Aria on Youtube when the lockdown happened, I just finished the Camp Arawak Cabin (sleepaway camp), Night of the living dead farmhouse from 1968 and I have a mock up of the Benoit House from It ready to go.I have to give credit to Lance Cardinal for the Benoit House he did all the heavy lifting on his blog so I just followed along. I'll post a link below if you want to check it out. Im not doing the yard just the house and Im making it to scale for the 6 inch Neca figure. I'll be 64 in January here is Lances Blog http://lancecardinal.blogspot.com/2017/11/stephen-kings-it-movie-set-replica.html
  5. congratulations, it sounds like you'll be having lots of fun putting them together
  6. i love them especially the christmas movies, nothing bad ever happens and they always work out the misunderstandings
  7. or you could make it out of chip board (which is two or three cereal boxes glued together) Kris has a lot of tutorials on her site she doesnt do a monthly tutorial anymore but she left up the tutorials so the new folks can get some help with their dollhouses. Good luck http://1inchminisbykris.blogspot.com/search/label/Interior door and jamb oops she made them out of mat board, I just made mine out of cardboard and joint compound but Im a rebel dont follow me
  8. hi and welcome, I love 1/6 scale but i dont have space for them at home, id love to see your collection
  9. im so jealous, i never find good stuff like that on fb
  10. its very pretty, I cant wait to see the inside. did you put lights in it?
  11. its very cute, I wish I could see the inside (hint)
  12. measure twice and cut once..youll never get anywhere if you don't try and if you screw up just cover it wood putty
  13. we went to my sister in laws, my hubbys mom isn't doing too well and she gets confused by large groups so the siblings will eat upstairs with her and the rest of us will be in the basement and have food later when they take her back to the home. we weren't supposed to talk about politics/religion or the military because her daughter and son in law have ptsd and it would unravel all the work they did with their therapist (neither one of them has seen combat they were both stationed in the states but we have to abide by the rules.) as it turned out they didn't show up ...lets see what happens for christmas