• Last visited

0 Neutral

About April

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    April
  • Country
    United States
  1. Hello again! Just wanted to thank all of you for your great advice and encouragement last month. I got the Lily to a nice stopping point just before Christmas, and gave my daughter some dollhouse furniture (with pictures of the house) for Christmas. She was quite speechless, which is pretty unusual for her! So it was a success, but I haven't been able to work on the house since -- and it will probably be mid-March before I have time to really get back into it. I am hoping to actually finish it in time for her June birthday! So I am heading back into lurkdom, but I will be keeping an eye on some of your projects! April
  2. Hello again, and thank you all for the warm welcomes! I appreciate it, and I have to say that if I had not been able to lurk on some of your Lily blogs during the past few months I don't think I would have gotten to the point I'm at now! OK, I will go ahead with the porch foundation and porch roof before attempting the main roof. I can see the point that the porch foundation will affect the sturdiness of the house -- and I've had some warping issues already, so it could probably use any help it can get. Here's a picture of where I'm at right now (please excuse my messy basement): Oh, and I am not building the stair hand rails and balusters (interior) -- daughter's little fingers aren't all that nimble, and I know she'd be upset if they accidentally broke off. I bought a little nursery furniture play set, and I think I will put a picture of the Lily with it for her to open on Christmas.
  3. Hi everyone, New member here, after 4 months of lurking (and taking much of your good advice). I am currently in the midst of building a Lily for my 5 year old daughter -- this is my first dollhouse build. It's a Christmas present, and of course will be nowhere near completion. I have accepted that fact and am planning on showing her the house before Christmas, and letting her "help" me later. Here is my dilemma: I'm at the point where the instructions tell me to assemble the porch. I would rather start the mansard roof, thinking this will make the house look a little more completed to show it to my daughter. Can anyone tell me if this would be a bad decision? Would that negatively effect the porch construction or future siding? Thanks in advance -- I really appreciate your help! April