Doll Houses<br />Miniature Furniture<br />other miniatures

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Timothy
  • Country
    United States
  1. Congratulations. There is truth to what chesterfieldzoo says, my daughter was married in August in an outdoor service at the Resort at Horeshoe Bay near Austin TX. It was a beautiful day all day. Not too hot, sunny. Then at 6:30 pm as I started walking her down the aisle, the big raindrops began to fall...then it poured. As the rain started to fall she looked at me and said "what do we do dad" "just keep going, its a rain of blessing a rain of refreshment" from there she took it all in stride, all got soaked. As she and her husband headed back up the aisle the rain stopped and the sun came out. Then we had a great party.
  2. I've had good luck at giant flea markets (ie Canton, Tx first Mondays,) not long ago I was able to score 3 mid sized doll house kits for $1 each. And all the parts were there! I have also found great deals at auctions, we have an auction house here that have weekly sales. Sometimes I find great stuff, sometimes I strike out. Recently bought a sewing machine (a White) to do furniture, curtains, etc. for only $20 and it works.
  3. the really scary part is how many I can identify with. That was great I'm still laughing, what great medicine
  4. thanks all, I am doing better. Back to work on a part-time basis. Need to have some tests, pneumonia is not disappearing as fast as the dr would like. I'll keep you all posted. Thanks for your concern. Keep me in your prayers.
  5. Pastortim

Hello all

Haven't been around lately, the summer has been busy. Took a trip to Idaho in late June for my sister's wedding. Then another trip to Idaho in mid-August for my dad's open heart surgery. (He's 81, and currently building his second home in 15 years, he is doing great after a double by-pass and valve replacement.) Then my oldest daughter was married on August 23. (She is a producer for NBC News and has been covering and traveling with the McCain campaign). This is addition to grandbabies birthdays and regular church stuff. I am now recovering from a 3 week bout with pneumonia. Haven't done any projects since spring-fling, currently working on a freestanding porch swing, but it's not a miniature, and then I hope to do some work on my camper, perhaps will tackle a miniature project later this fall. Hope all is well with all of you out there in the Greenleaf mini world.
  6. Congratulations Winners what a great job. :thumb: Thank you judges for a good (but difficult) job. Everyone did a super job there was so much diversity and creativity was an awesome bunch. :lol:
  7. There are some incredible entries. This has been a blast, I learned alot in the process. Good luck to everyone, but in my book you all are winners!!! B)
  8. When I was a kid, my dad was very much into cars and hot rods. Friends at the local gas station/garage were also. Dad spent a lot of time at the garage and I often tagged along. There was always hot coffee and older guys playing cards, reading the paper and just hanging out. One of my favorite things was the glass case filled with candy and getting to buy a coke from the vending machine. You can find more pictures of my creation in my gallery entltled, Remember when.
  9. When I was a kid, my dad was very much into cars and hot rods. Friends at the local gas station/garage were also. Dad spent a lot of time at the garage and I often tagged along. There was always hot coffee and older guys playing cards, reading the paper and just hanging out. One of my favorite things was the glass case filled with candy and getting to buy a coke from the vending machine. You can find more pictures of my creation in my gallery entltled, Remember when.
  10. When I was a kid, my dad was very much into cars and hot rods. Friends at the local gas station/garage were also. Dad spent a lot of time at the garage and I often tagged along. There was always hot coffee and older guys playing cards, reading the paper and just hanging out. One of my favorite things was the glass case filled with candy and getting to buy a coke from the vending machine. You can find more pictures of my creation in my gallery entltled, Remember when.
  11. I got mine in too, what an awesome display of talent and creativity. I had a lot of fun. Thanks for making this possible.
  12. Pastortim

Remember When

the corner gas station was more than a place to sell gas take a walk down memory lane.
  13. I am taking a trip to Hot Springs Arkansas over the weekend and wondered if there were any shops or resources in or around Hot Springs.
  14. Thanks, it is 1 inch = 10 ft