• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Please Select
  • Real Name
    Dena
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

812 profile views
  1. Hi all! It's been a really long time. I've moved twice, I have wonderful grandkids, I was diagnosed with P.A.D (peripheral artery disease) and Fibromyalgia. Some days are great but many are not. The fatigue is horrible as is the pain most days. But I hobble along because giving up isn't an option. I'm cleaning out my craft room so I can bring my dollhouse stuff down from the attic. I hope to make some things.
  2. I use PLA, which is cornstarch based. You design the art piece you want and print it on the 3d printer. Dip it in ceramic slurry and fire it. When it heats up the PLA melts and you pour it out leaving you with a master mold. This is an alternative for wax mold making saving huge amounts of time. I can see now that it would be great for small run items for mini making, tables, plates, heck even walls, sinks, bed rails, chandeliers etc.
  3. Congrats to you both! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! But planning by phone, internet, and a week here and there when I can get up to Alabama is hard work! It's not our first marriage, my eldest son was married two years ago, but it's our first daughter getting married. Way more to do lol
  4. After 3 weeks on vacation in Pittsburgh and Cleveland, then a long weekend in the French Quarter for our anniversary three days after I got home, and a weeks trip to Alabama next week to finish up plans for my daughters wedding on Sept 7th, for which we'll be gone 5 days, then my mother coming down one weekend in Sept with my 89 yo grandmother, then Mama coming back the next week to stay 3 weeks, I'm having trouble finding time to get any work done. My daughter turns 18 Sat and we are helping her move next week, The oldest teen has driving school every other day for the next two weeks, the youngest girl's car is dead so I'm taking her to work, and the youngest has Science camp that I have to get him to every day this week by 6 am and back home again at 11. Oh, did I mention my husband has decided that this year is the year we redo our kitchen? I've talked him down from ripping everything out and just painting everything and new counter tops but tons of stuff is sitting on every space available in my dining room where I was working. The house isn't even glued together yet! I'm more concerned with having a sink in when my grandmother visits and this never ending wedding planning but I'd love a whole day to get things together, lots of little things made and the floors and walls are nearly finished. It would be wonderful to see progress. I have about 3 hours a day where I'm not in a car and my house looks like it too. It would also be lovely to get in our pool that sits there empty because dressing for it seems like a chore lol It's taken 20 mins to write this post because the pizza guy came, fed ex showed up, my neighbor knocked on the door asking to borrow a screwdriver, and while I went to answer the door the first time I laid my glasses down and had to find them. Oy!
  5. NotKateHepburn

Ruko ?

I have a Roku. I love it! You do have to pay for some channels. We already pay for Netflix, HULU, HBOgo (with our cable), and Acorn Online, but they have tons of others that you don't have to pay for at all. Go to Roku.com and browse their channels to see if they have any you'd like. I like it because I travel a bit and I can take it with me to use in hotels, or a friends house, or move it into the living room for the kids to watch with their friends.
  6. Another 100+ heat index day today here. We are working on putting up the pool. We are putting sand down this time. The kids and I literally shoveled 1. something tons of sand, lots of it wet. I'm so tired I can hardly move my legs. But that water will feel so good! I thought ahead! I made gumbo yesterday so we could have leftovers today and I wouldn't have to cook. Thinking ahead rarely occurs to me.
  7. As usual I'm doing things now that I should have done last week. My youngest son and I are going to Pittsburgh for two weeks in July. Every time I've gone up it's been cold and I've needed to bundle up, now I get to wear summer clothes. So of course I've decided I need new clothes right? Clothes I'll sew. Never mind my craft room looks like a woodshop exploded and my fabric is boxed up with the sewing machines. And I have 3 weeks to do it all in. I got as far as partially cleaning the table off and said forget this, I'll go to J.C Penney's and Marshalls.
  8. I grew up in Walker County in a little town called Sumiton and Blount County in an even smaller town of Hayden, until I was a teen and we moved to Birmingham. Dh is from Atlanta and moved to Birmingham when he was a teen.
  9. Holly, I'm right down the road in Covington. We ride bikes on the trail to Abita Springs often. Lovely little town!
  10. Since living in the bayou region I've met animals up close and personal that I wish I could just see from afar. We had an egret take up homekeeping in the ditch by the mailbox and he'd chase anyone who got too close. They are nearly as tall as I am! I literally peed my britches when I walked out the back door to shoo away a raccoon that turned out to be a nurtia! A large beaver/rat looking rodent. Dh turned on the light, it hissed and I ran. Pelicans are a real pain and they'll eat anything. Like your whole sandwich, paper and all, off picnic tables. We see gators all the time. Not in our yard but on the walking trail. There are no side rails and they just lay about. I did grew up with gators though so I know their behaviors. I told dh I wanted to move back home to Alabama where the animals didn't have attitudes and ran rather than trying to run me out of town lol
  11. Holly, Mount Cheaha? Love that place! I've hiked all over that mountain as well as Little River Canyon. I sorely miss the mountains.
  12. I hate, hate, hate Palmetto bugs! Nothing like seeing a 2 inch long cockroach flying at your head. I hate when they get in the house. I swear I've hit one with dh's work boot and it turned around and gave me the finger then ran off to climb onto the ceiling and taunt me.
  13. Why don't we adore the way we speak our own English, but DO adore the way it is spoken elsewhere? While I do enjoy accents from all over I'm extremely fond of a Southern accent. Especially spoken by a barely awake Georgian man when his voice is all gravelly. Darlin' is my favorite word :-) Fireants are evil! See this fella? I stepped on him! He was undoubtedly right against the door and I walked right out on top of him. He then proceeded to flip flop himself into my house. It was chaos! He was under the dining room table with all the chair legs in the way so I couldn't tell what kind he was (cottonmouths looks similar and are very poisonous) While he was freaking out, my cat turned into ninja kitty and was attacking it, my 14 year old was on the floor on all fours trying to get the cat, while I was yelling at him to get up off the floor. My 19 year old went and got the mop and was poking it and smarty pants 17 yo daughter was saying y'all need to calm down, they sense fear, as she was perched on top of the coffee table. I finally grabbed the cat by the tail and handed her off to be taken out back, grabbed the phone and called my neighbor. The snake finally went behind a bookcase, I'm sure it was grateful for the peace and quiet back there. Neighbor couldn't see it's head either so used one of those long poles with the grippy thing on it to grab it and toss it out the front door. Then, when he saw it was a water snake he picked it up and laughed. He was entitled since he was holding the snake but having felt the thing beneath my naked foot, I wasn't laughing. This is the second snake I've had in my house since last month. The other one was little and dead. I think the cat brought it in. We've had one other dead snake in the yard and 3 alive ones. They don't have anywhere to hide. They usually live in our drainage ditches in front of the house but never really come up to the house. No clue why I'm living an episode of when animals attack but I'll be glad when it stops. In better news, my eldest daughter is getting married! We've been planning fiends and having a blast!
  14. I have the _____ built and the undercoat of paint on. The _____ are done! Drilling holes comes next! I'm hoping to ____ tomorrow. Then tons and tons of ______!
  15. Hi Sarah! I have a daughter named Sarah and I do call her Sayruh lol I live on the Northshore, across from Metairie. Congrats on the new baby! Boys are cool, I raised 4 of them, along with 3 girls. That's a lovely house. I do hope the others suggestions help you.