• Last visited

Community Reputation

1858 Excellent

About Roxxie2

• Birthday December 07

Profile Information

• Gender Female
  • Location Taos, New Mexico
  • Interests I built my first dollhouse back in 1979. I walked into an old fashioned Mom and Pop type drugstore in a small town in western NY and displayed along the tops of the shelves were dollhouses by Greenleaf. I bought The Jefferson and without any experience I just took it out of the box and glued it together. The house held together for 30 years until I gave it to a little girl who lived next door. I started building dollhouses after 30 plus years and built about 14 different models large and small.
    After another break, I just started working on my minis again and I am having so much fun! I am so glad I came back to Greenleaf Forum! :)
    I also play the piano which I taught for years and recently I moved to New Mexico and can't stop taking photographs of this magical place I now call home!

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience Five or more
  • Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Roxy
  • Country United States/Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

3244 profile views
  1. What's everyone working on?

Mine too, Janet. My thumbs hurt so bad I should stop building for a while but I have to do something while sequestered indoors!!!!    lol    Your stairs is beautiful!
  2. What's everyone working on?

Love your house Janet!!!   Nice colors too!   My half scale RGT farmhouse arrived yesterday.   I have gone over to the other side apparently!   I love these little houses! 
  3. So how is the weather where you're at ?

No, Carrie, no swamp cooler, no AC........just ceiling fans.  Until recently we didn't need them up here.   It use to remain cool enough in the day by closing up the house in the day and opening it up at night as it gets down in the 40's at night.   Go to the movies???    Where?    Usually I go work on my dollhouse and forget all about the heat.  :)
  4. That Darn Jefferson Dollhouse!

I built the 1:12 size Jefferson back in 1979!   It was the first dollhouse I ever built.  I found the kit in an old fashioned drugstore in western NY.   I never heard of Greenleaf and had no clue to what I was going do with it.   It took me about 10 years to finish and I gave it away 20 years later to a little girl who lived next door.   I can't remember the name of the company where I got furniture kits to build for it but I have it in mind to build another one someday.         Thanks for letting me walk down memory lane!   I will be checking in with you to see how yours progresses!   Hugs
  5. So how is the weather where you're at ?

We're still battling smoke from 2 or more forest fires, heat and dust........this is the time of the year when mother nature lets us know that we live in the desert.  I could use a visit to a walk in freezer!    We don't even have AC in our house.  Hope everyone stays safe from tornadoes and other stuff nature is throwing at us! 
  6. So how is the weather where you're at ?

Mother nature has gone crazy!!!   Temperatures are suppose to be 102 or higher today here.   We live at an altitude of 7000 Ft above sea level.   It has never been even close to that up here in the clouds!    We are being smoked out from yet another forest fire started again from lightning.  I do not understand how we can have thunderstorms when the humidity is at 9%!    Of course no rain falls so the dry lightning hits the dry forest and off we go with another fire.    I am staying inside with  windows and doors closed and air purifiers running full blast.       I could use some real rain!!!! Be safe wherever you are!!!    Happy Summer!!
  7. So how is the weather where you're at ?

Oh No!!!!!!!! another dry lightning storm last night and another fire!   We are choking on smoke again!    Please do a rain dance for us!   Thanks
  8. What's everyone working on?

Holly's kitchen is one of my all time favorite kitchens!       Mine always seem too perfect and not warm and lived in.   I am too much of a neat freak!    I want to make a kitchen in my dollhouse that looks lived in!    Working on my half scale colonial.  Its so hot here, no AC,  I just feel like sleeping all day! I was going to ask a question but now I can't remember what it was I had to ask!!!   Losing it!!!  
  9. What are you up to today? This week?

Trying to stay cool ( almost 100 here!)  and out of the smoke from the forest fire!!!    I spent a lot of time today surfing Pinterest for patterns to make wallpaper.  I love making my own wallpaper.   I change my mind a lot but I love working with graphics.   
  10. Tatsuya Tananka miniature dioramas

How unusual and fun!   Thanks for sharing this one!
  11. What's everyone working on?

I used sand color craft paint and added real sand to it for my Adobe room box exterior.   It worked pretty well.   I had to buy some play sand so it would be clean.   I live in the desert, do you think I could find some sand????
  12. What's everyone working on?

I started wallpapering my half scale colonial.  The walls are so basic and easy peasy!   I worked on the stairs also.  They came out well I think  
  13. So how is the weather where you're at ?

I wish you could too Holly..........we desperately need it.  The smoke from the fire and the heat are just awful.   I have a headache!    Whine whine
  14. Victorian Icebox

Beads!
  15. So how is the weather where you're at ?

I know!   I check the State of New Mexico site all the time to find out where the fires are.  I went out and bought 2 big air purifiers because we have this every summer.  This latest one was set over 3 weeks ago by lightning.    We have these dry thunderstorms with wicked cloud to ground lightning but no rain.   I never saw this in the east.  Very scary! The smoke isn't as bad so far today I think a slight breeze is sending it the other way, thank goodness!    Plus the temperatures here in the high desert are soaring up towards the high 90's or more this week!   I can't wait for October!