• Last visited

Community Reputation

1925 Excellent

About Roxxie2

• Birthday December 07

Profile Information

• Gender Female
  • Location Taos, New Mexico
  • Interests I built my first dollhouse back in 1979. I walked into an old fashioned Mom and Pop type drugstore in a small town in western NY and displayed along the tops of the shelves were dollhouses by Greenleaf. I bought The Jefferson and without any experience I just took it out of the box and glued it together. The house held together for 30 years until I gave it to a little girl who lived next door. I started building dollhouses after 30 plus years and built about 14 different models large and small.
    After another break, I just started working on my minis again and I am having so much fun! I am so glad I came back to Greenleaf Forum! :)
    I also play the piano which I taught for years and recently I moved to New Mexico and can't stop taking photographs of this magical place I now call home!

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience Five or more
  • Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Roxy
  • Country United States/Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

3904 profile views
  1. Thanks Tracy I never got a message about the reset.  
  2. I tried twice today and was not sent an email to reset.   I found in my "stash" the Coventry so I might as well do that one since the two houses are quite similar. I like to bash it a bit anyway.   Thanks :)
  3. I thought they looked about the same!  I just got the email today.  
  4. I wanted to get one but I can't sign into the Greenleaf Store account as usual.  They were suppose to send me a link in my email to reset my password but it never came.  
  5. Help with Door and Window measurements

I ordered the window but went over to Ace hardware and bought some balsa wood I think I will try my own door.  Thanks  
  6. Help with Door and Window measurements

I just thought it would be cute to have the door actually look good and work too!  :)
  7. Help with Door and Window measurements

That's where I am at now.   Sable had posted about Earth and Tree but they are a bit pricy for me.  Thanks anyway Sable! I've made doors but never windows so I will have to see what happens there.  I could cut the frames from balsa wood probably.  I was trying to keep this room box inexpensive as possible.   You know how that goes!   I think I would like a working door with a window but that might be pushing my skill.  lol
  8. Birthday gift.jpg

Oh how pretty!   I love this house!  What a nice gift!!  
  9. I plan to make a room box scene using this room box.    I have to buy a door and a window for it.   I don't know how to measure to buy the correct size door and window. The size given for the room box door and window openings are as follows:   Door  3 1/16 wide x 7 1/4 high. Window 2 9/16 wide x 5 1/16 high The single doors and window sizes do not match the sizes given for the openings so I don't know how to make sure I get the right ones.  I am shopping on Thanks  
  10. What are you up to today? This week?

It was wonky in all measurements but for a few $$ I had fun lol  I'm going to donate it.   Loved your house!  I see it had the crazy windows and doors!  lol   I am getting into looking for different kinds of things to build in or around.  Its a challenge!
  11. What are you up to today? This week?

Well look at this.  Here's the goofy little house that I bought in Tuesday Morning that I made my Mouse House out of!  I forgot to take a picture before I worked on it. So Before and After.          
  12. What are you up to today? This week?

Been there done that Karin.  I fell several years ago and have had endless problems with my hip and SI Joint ever since.  I hope that you feel better soon. I hate winter!  Hugs
  13. What are you up to today? This week?

Spent the morning opening a zillion bottles of acrylic craft paints to see if they were dry or not.  Tossed at least half and reorganized by color.  It kept me busy not thinking about the beginning of this week.   I might get a trip to Santa Fe to Hobby Lobby one of these days to stock up again.  I have a gift certificate I got for my birthday burning a hole in my pocket. Thinking about what kind of project I want to do next. I have so many kits I want to work on but not sure which one it will be yet.   Vineyard Cottage ( 1:12) Camper Bus RGT Country Farm House ( 1:24) room box Ashley Haunted House ( 1:12)
  14. So Sad My Beloved Dog

I feel badly that I ever complained about the tons of dog hair I had to vacuum everyday.   
  15. So Sad My Beloved Dog

Thanks everyone.  I miss him already he was my constant companion and buddy.  We're going to take a break for a while and do some traveling but I am certain that one day another buddy will find its way into our hearts and home.  Hugs to all.