• Last visited

Community Reputation

1939 Excellent

About Roxxie2

• Birthday December 07

Profile Information

• Gender Female
  • Location Taos, New Mexico
  • Interests I built my first dollhouse back in 1979. I walked into an old fashioned Mom and Pop type drugstore in a small town in western NY and displayed along the tops of the shelves were dollhouses by Greenleaf. I bought The Jefferson and without any experience I just took it out of the box and glued it together. The house held together for 30 years until I gave it to a little girl who lived next door. I started building dollhouses after 30 plus years and built about 14 different models large and small.
    After another break, I just started working on my minis again and I am having so much fun! I am so glad I came back to Greenleaf Forum! :)
    I also play the piano which I taught for years and recently I moved to New Mexico and can't stop taking photographs of this magical place I now call home!

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience Five or more
  • Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Roxy
  • Country United States/Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

4092 profile views
  1. What's everyone working on?

Don't know....probably over use, old age and some other issues.  lol   I have to see my doctor and find out exactly what is going on.  So much pain... I can deal with it but it sure puts a crimp in my mini building.  lol Thanks for asking.   I see my doc the end of June coming up.   Hugs
  2. What's everyone working on?

I read but haven't posted because both of my thumbs hurt so badly I can't type.   I do a tiny bit on my bungalow when I can and then have to rest the hands. I am determined though.   It just gives me more time to plan.   The bad thing is  I made a mess of the upstairs floors so I had to rip it all out and redo it. Its a challenge for sure but I do like the little bungalow.  There's no deadline so I just keep at  it.  
  3. I knew I had seen a Canterbury. There is one in Las Vegas on Offer up...

https://offerup.com/item/detail/433891832/

Pm me if you are interested. I will get it for you.

4. Canterbury

I didn't order but I am worried they have my email.  If I see a strange one I will block it or send it to spam.  That should work right?
  5. Thanks Emily!   I am now worried because I gave them my email address and name because I asked them a question.  I hope I don't have a problem!  Worried.....

1. Mid-life madness

i knew I had seen a canterbury. There is one here is Las Vegas on Offer-up. If you want me to get it, I am game. Just pm me and we will work it out.

https://offerup.com/item/detail/433891832/

6. Canterbury

Wow!  Thanks!   I kind of suspected they weren't on the up and up.   I blocked them on my email because I had asked them a question.  I hope I didn't do the wrong thing.  I didn't order.  I did put a watch on Ebay though.  Hugs
  7. Canterbury

I prefer smaller builds.  I get bored and frazzled if the project is too big for my short attention span!  
  8. Oh I see!  lol  Couldn't figure it out!  Janet it looks so elegant!  I did another front opening from RGT ( 1:12) scale and gave that one away to a friend for her granddaughter.   I am trying to stick to half scale if I can but I am looking for an old extinct Canterbury (1:12) also.  I don't know why...….I have a stash in the closet!!!  ha!
  9. Canterbury

Yeah the site looks a little strange.  Not sure.  Maybe I should wait until one comes up on Ebay.
  10. Canterbury

Would you take a chance on this one?  I am always wary of sites like this.  
  11. I only saw one photo...….couldn't get into the album.  It looks like a lot of rooms!  
  12. Canterbury

found this one on this site that I never heard of before.  Has anyone ever done business with them?   I worry.   https://www.attire-charm.top/wooden-canterbury-victorian-dollhouse-kit-g8802-gg-products-with-furniture-p-3967.html Ewww the box looks pretty chewed up.  If anyone has one they want to part with let me know.  Looking for a small Victorian to fix up for a friend's granddaughter.
  13. The Canterbury Dollhouse Kit

Does anyone know where to get one?  I fell in love with this house!  
  14. Canterbury

What is the Canterbury dollhouse?  Is it by Greenleaf?   I saw one made up but can't find it anywhere?  I love it if I could find it!  
  15. What's everyone working on?

Still working on my half scale bungalow but had a temporary ( I HOPE) set back with my hands.  I pulled a tendon in my thumb and can't do anything with it until it heals.  UGH!    I posted a topic asking if anyone had built the RGT 1/2 scale Eastside Town House.   I can't find pictures anywhere of one completed.  How odd.