• Last visited

Community Reputation

1825 Excellent

About Roxxie2

• Birthday December 07

Profile Information

• Gender Female
  • Location Taos, New Mexico
  • Interests I built my first dollhouse back in 1979. I walked into an old fashioned Mom and Pop type drugstore in a small town in western NY and displayed along the tops of the shelves were dollhouses by Greenleaf. I bought The Jefferson and without any experience I just took it out of the box and glued it together. The house held together for 30 years until I gave it to a little girl who lived next door. I started building dollhouses after 30 plus years and built about 14 different models large and small.
    After another break, I just started working on my minis again and I am having so much fun! I am so glad I came back to Greenleaf Forum! :)
    I also play the piano which I taught for years and recently I moved to New Mexico and can't stop taking photographs of this magical place I now call home!

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience Five or more
  • Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Roxy
  • Country United States/Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

3144 profile views
  1. Early Summer Sale

Do you have half scale items Brae?
  2. Hello

Hi!    Welcome to the group!   
  3. 3rd floor landing 24 Victorian.jpg

Well done!    
  4. Master Bedroom 24 Victorian.jpg

I like the dark feel of the rooms.....real Victorian!    
  5. 2nd floor stairs 24 Victorian.jpg

The carpeted stairs is beautiful! 
  6. What are you up to today? This week?

Happy Mother's Day! 
  7. What's everyone working on?

Beautiful!!!!  
  8. What's everyone working on?

I just got the porch to fit and all I have left is that tower.  Not sure how I will finish that off.     I made the tower roof so it can be removed.   I made a tiny sitting room in the tower. 
  9. What's everyone working on?

Just about finished with the Fairfield.   It has been the most challenging build ever but I like the little house!   Photos once I get the house furnished.
  10. Princess Peanut the Elephant

These dressed up animals are so cute and whimsical! I love them!!! 
  11. dino.jpg

Cute!   lol   Made me smile! :)
  12. The Willow Half Scale

Another half scale Willow question.  Has anyone reversed the stairs so that it is back facing instead of to the front where you can't see it?  Why even put a stairs in if you can't see it?  I already did that with my Fairfield.   LOL
  13. The Willow Half Scale

Yeah,  I opened the box to the half scale colonial and it looks so simple.  I could use one that wasn't so crazy.   I am proud of myself for getting the Fairfield together in pretty good shape.   I had to chop off a lot of tabs and make a lot of adjustments but it was a fun challenge and learning experience.   I got the Fairfield for a Christmas present so I felt obligated to build it even though there were times when I so wanted to throw it in the trash bin! The only mini object that Ray ever saved for me is beer bottle tops!   I told him once that I could use them to make a pie dish in 1 inch scale so every so often he saves one for me.   Too funny!  
  14. The Willow Half Scale

I do make a lot of my own things for all of my houses .  I have ordered from Canada but the shipping was ridiculous!   I save tons of junk in hopes of turning it into something for my mini houses.  You never realize just how small a teapot is in half scale until you try and make one!   I like to go to Hobby Lobby if I can get there and buy charms ( I live 65 miles from the nearest anything!)   Its a challenge maybe more fun like a treasure hunt!  lol  I am going to build another half scale and use up the odds and ends in my stash and make the rest.     I found a RGT half scale house in my stash that I totally forgot that I had.  I must have gotten it before I moved because when digging around for something else I came upon it in the bottom of a big box!   Yay!    
  15. The Willow Half Scale

Deborah   great links!  I have scoured the internet for 1/2 scale and found some of these sites but not all.   Interesting how there is so little for kitchens.   I would love to continue with this scale because I have run out of space for the 1 inch scale but for lack of accessories I would be putting the same items in all the houses.  LOL    Thanks for the response!  :)