• Dollhouse Building Experience Two
  • Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Terah
  • Country United States
  1. Inside

From the album terah's Orchid

Still needs to be trimmed out & furnished.
  2. starting again

Greetings & welcome...I am new here too! I have learned so much already reading these forums. It's great to know that there is a community out there for help & support when needed!
  3. Thanks everyone for the warm and cheery welcome! Although we too will be warm this weekend, like Kathie B...from 4 on Monday to 52 on Saturday. I am in Central Illinois, a little south of Champaign-Urbana. I don't plan to have a kitchen at all...in the "visible" part of the house! This house belongs to a weird old professor who is a traveller/collector/amateur archaeologist...so there will be a library, an Egyptian room, a medieval room/armory, and an occult artifacts room. I picture him having a grandmotherly housekeeper who keeps him fed (because he doesn't cook!) but who refuses to dust the creepy stuff. By the way, I am sooo glad I am not the only one who finds the house "talking to me" as I build, telling me what it wants to be and who lives there!
  4. I finally decided to dive in. My name is Terah, from the brrrrry-cold Midwest. I ordered a Beacon Hill kit with my Yule gift money, so I'm starting on my first big build. I absolutely love this house, and I have enough ideas to fill 3 or 4 of them! (someday...) I am currently finishing up the Orchid, which was my "practice house" to see if I had the patience to work on a large house. It's been a great time, so off I go with the Beacon Hill! I've spent a lot of time looking at the pictures in the gallery and have gotten so many great ideas. There are some goregous, drool-worthy houses on there! (makes a curtsy) Nice to meet everyone!