bluecaly

Silver Member
  • Last visited

5 Neutral

About bluecaly

Profile Information

• Interests
    house of miniatures kits, realife miniatures, real wood and metal dollhouse items, colonial, Victorian, dollhouse lighting,

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    maria
  • Country
    United States
  1. I love the entire room and that wallpaper is beautiful May I ask where you found it?
  2. bluecaly

Craigslist Find: Heirloom Dollhouse Lot

I found this heirloom dollhouse with boxes of items on craigslist. I'm so excited!! Now I just need to find room for it!!
  3. Tenyson Dollhouse for a few bucks or free to a good home near me. I bought it in a lot of miniatures but I do not have room for it. It is just the dollhouse. No furniture or accessories. My dollhouse miniature hobby has led me to buy three dollhouses. I recently purchased my third dollhouse but now I have to get rid of my Tenyson Dollhouse. Its a fixer upper but I just want it to go to a good home. I don't have enough room for three dollhouses in my house. So if anyone lives in Virginia anywhere near Chesapeake, Norfolk, or Virginia Beach I can drop the dollhouse off or meet you. I would like a few bucks for it if possible but I really just want it to go to a good home. I will post pictures if anyone is interested. Just send me a message or comment on this post. Again the dollhouse needs some trim, paint, wallpaper, and tlc but I know that it would be lovely once it is finished.
  4. It also came with three whole boxes full of items, furniture, and accessories!! I am so excited!!! Will be posting more pictures as I discover what is in each box!
  5. I found several House of Miniatures Kit lots on a website. If I buy a lot/multiple lots, does anyone want to buy the items that I do not want? Or if anyone buys that lots, I am interested in the items listed below. http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=13692209 I want the bed and tavern table. http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?itemid=13692392 The small side table( hepplewhite serpentine table) http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?itemid=13691992 The corner chair, mirror and lowboy.
  6. Thank you for your advice and identifying the dollhouse. I tried looking up pictures online with no luck. Now I know
  7. I found my wallpaper books by posting a wanted add on craigslist and a nice man sold them to me after contacting me. I have seen them on ebay once in a while but you have to search the author.
  8. A little off topic but Your dollhouse floors look amazing! May I ask what products and techniques you used?
  9. Hello Everyone, I have several questions about different areas. I found a Victorian styled built dollhouse at a Flea Market but it needs some tlc. The highest point on the dollhouse is 33 inches tall. I am building multiple House of Miniatures Kits and Realife Miniatures kits, what is the best stain and polyurethane/shellac to use? Any suggestions? I have the Minwax 2 in 1 stain/poly, would that be ok? Oh and I bought the wood preconditioner since the wood is old and dry. I was wondering about flooring in a dollhouse? I want to do wood floors. Some of my floors just need a stain/finish, others need wood flooring installed on top because of the two pieces of wood coming together. Any product suggestions? Also if I use wood clapboard as flooring what glue should I use? Or is it best to buy the ready to install wood flooring? I plan on electrifying my dollhouse but I am not sure if I could do it myself or if I should have it done at the dollhouse shop near me? I want to have multiple outlets in each room to move lamps around. Also after installing the electricity, how do you wallpaper? The shop near me charges $10 per room for electric + $10 to wallpaper. My dollhouse has 5 to 6 rooms. I have a 1:12 or 1:1 scale dollhouse with small 10 3/4 inch deep rooms that are 9 1/2 inches in length. With ceilings that are about 9 1/4 inches tall. I want to add molding on the top and bottom of the walls. Is there a size of molding that would be best for such small rooms? Thank you for your responses, I am new to the hobby of miniatures. I need to learn the skills and secretes of miniatures. I appreciate any tips or advice. I have included a picture of my house and the wallpaper books that I will be using.
  10. Hello, I was wondering if anyone is selling these kits/items?: I really need/want these: Realife Miniatures: Heritage Series Victorian Parlor kit 202 (finished or unfinished) Complete--------REALLY WANT THIS ONE Nursery Kit 192 (finished or unfinished) complete or near complete Heritage Series Library Kit 153 (finished or unfinished) Complete The House of Miniatures: 40075 Chair Table, circa 1700-25 (piece that supports table top on four legs, I have one but need two supports) 40072 Trestle Stand, Conn. circa 1770-90( I have one of the legs but need the other) 40078 “Duncan Phyfe Window Seat” Kit Chrysnbon: bathroom kit F-230 ( finished or unfinished) bathroom accessories kit Victorian dresser set (finished or unfinished) Random Accessories: any Realife Miniatures rugs(like the ones pictured on the boxes) Queen Anne Drawer Pulls Door Hinges Window Plastic Wood Flooring, Molding, Chair Guard/Chair Rails Electrical lighting supplies Also I have some spare pieces to the Realife Miniatures Country Kitchen set if anyone wants to trade or buy. I bought two kits one was missing pieces so I will only be using a few pieces from the extra kit. I also have rolls of extra dollhouse wallpaper. Its regular wallpaper but as close to scale as I could find.
  11. Hello Everyone, I am Bluecaly. I am from VA. I am new to the hobby of Dollhouses. I am currently building a 1:1 scale Duracraft Cambridge dollhouse. This will be the first dollhouse that I have ever built. I appreciate any tips along the way. I also love to build furniture kits; my favorite are HOM and realife miniature kits. I am currently building and decorating my dollhouse to be a victorian home. See you around the forums! p.s. Does anyone know of some dollhouse stores/places to find dollhouse items in VA?