Selkie

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Image Comments posted by Selkie

1. Great system of how orderly you have it all sorted and stored. Your tutorials are great. Thanks for sharing.

And please give your sweet assistant (and twin) some pats from us. What killer eyes! How could you ever say "no" to those. :)

2. Looks fabulous. I've been following your blog and am quite enthralled with this build.

I used that base kit once and created an outdoor upper deck area. Perhaps Gustav might need a quiet private spot to sip his drink on a warm summer evening. Possibly his miniature windmill build could be part of a lovely outdoor garden.

3. Just did a online search of wicket doors. Very fun to check them out. There seems to be a significant dividing line of "meant to be hidden" doors and "meant to be in plain view" ones. Wondering if the inner door edges and areas where it would be touched could be shaded to show wear and tear and use marks that might make it stand out just enough. Unusual hinges might also work. Something like hinges that look like hands shaking or snakes wound together. Carvings or dragon bite marks or other unique designs on either the inner or the outer door would cause it to be more visible. Some of it depends on how you want it to read to the audience - secret, known only to a few or well known. Good luck.

• Like 1
  4. Loving your new build!!  Good to see you too. Miss you. The fireplace and cookery are wonderful as are the sleeping cupboards. Is the scullery going to be on the left beyond the drape? 

5. 1 hour ago, Debora59 said:

... When they toured this manor they said it was built in the E shape, a style used again and again during this period.

It's lovely. I'm a pushover for anything old and stone (or made to look old and stone).

I've tried looking through the season and episode lists and haven't found the one with this one yet. Can you post the season number and episode number please.