A few too many to list.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Please Select
  • Real Name
    Amanda
  • Country
    United States
  1. Progress!! Here's what it looks like inside: I don't have any idea on what I want to do for the outside yet.
  2. AmandaSD

Primrose4.jpg

Your primrose is adorable. <3 I did the same thing you are doing - starting off with a small house kit to get the feel of how things go. You've inspired me to work on my primrose again.
  3. Wonderful!! You did a great job on it. Seeing this made me want to work on my primrose again.
  4. I'm running out of shingle material. The local stores don't carry anything like the flimsy shingles that came with the primrose. I want to keep everything uniform. Does anyone have extra shingles to spare? :lol: lol You're right about the carpenter's glue curling the wood, once dry, the shingles lay flat. I guess it's not as bad as I thought it would be.
  5. I finished putting it all together and started on the shingles. What a pain they are to put on the roof. :tomato: I ran out of the glue I started the house with. My husband let me borrow his carpenter's glue, Elmer's the brand and it's too "wet" and warping my shingles. He said it's made for real wood, but that the shingles were thinner than the kind he works with. Yeah, I'll wait til I can get some of the first glue I had before finishing the shingles. Anyway, I sanded, used wood filler and sanded some more to smooth out the outside of the house. I'm almost ready to paint. What kinds of paints do you use? Do I prime the house with anything special before painting?
  6. Wow! Your stone floors all look so wonderful! I never thought about going to home depot for materials. :yes: Maybe I can sweet talk my hubby into going with me? lol Thanks for all your pics and methods, this will be of great help.
  7. That's an adorable floor design! You did a great job! Just looking at it makes me hand ache. lol
  8. I've left the roof off for now, I'm not sure how I want to finish the floor of the attic space. I do want wall paper though~! I have pics in my gallery now!
  9. I really fell in love with this floor style. I'm looking for materials or supplies to give my primrose an irregular stone floor look. Has anyone attempted this in their house?
  10. Thanks for all your complements!! In another hobby, I've painted doll heads and miniatures. I have the tiniest paint brushes plus cats who constantly shed whiskers which makes for a perfect tiny paint brush! My hand is steady, but when you live in such a chaotic prone household ( four birds, four cats and a very active four year old little girl ) you tend to do a lot of things after everyone's asleep in bed. I'm not even finished with this house yet. I'm seriously considering getting the Laurel house now. What have I gotten myself into?
  11. I'm really in for it then, eh? Well, the best way to learn is to make mistakes, right?
  12. AmandaSD

Primrose

My first kit!
  13. http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...i&img=19193 I finally figured it out B) I'm going to the dollhouse store in lawrenceville to pick out some wall paper and try and find some stucco and stone for the outside. I want to electrify this little house with a table top lamp or two.
  14. What are the guidelines to posting pics here? I don't know how. Well, every thing's almost put together. I'd like to share pics. The instructions did help, but I did make some personal changes to the house. I'm ready to try wallpaper and put down some hardwood flooring. I was thinking of a floor that looks like stone. I'll update with pics once I learn to post them.
  15. Yes!! I even opened the box to make sure everything was all right. Some of the shingles were loose from their sheet, but everything is okay! I want to start putting it together now. Should I put it together then paint it or vice versa?