0 Neutral

About Kat C

Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Katherine
  • Country
    United States
  1. OUCH!! I have broken a toe before. That does NOT feel good!!
  2. I found this on Craigslist yesterday. Only $30, which sounds like a steal. I wrote to ask for more information, I don't know what kind of house it is. http://bend.craigslist.org/bab/695602591.html
  3. Kat C

#$^&*% Snow!!!

Ugh, yeah. I know the feeling. It's 30 degrees righ now with a few flakes fluttering around. I don't believe in global warming.
  4. I got them at Michael's! I thought I'd have to order them online, but I got lucky.
  5. I LOVE the crib! It's perfect!
  6. Here are pictures of the stenciling I've done so far. Ignore the bad color quality in the photos please, I know that looks terrible. The ivy is of course on the walls downstairs. The wall is kind of a beige color. The Eiffel tower is in the wall where the bathroom will be. It's gold painted on 'ballet pink'. I'm not completely committed to it yet, I think it might work. Reduced 78% http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...st&id=18119 600 x 900 (37.17K) // Reduced 78% http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...st&id=18118 900 x 600 (40.39K)
  7. Here are pictures of the stenciling I've done so far. Ignore the bad color quality in the photos please, I know that looks terrible. The ivy is of course on the walls downstairs. The wall is kind of a beige color. The Eiffel tower is in the wall where the bathroom will be. It's gold painted on 'ballet pink'. I'm not completely committed to it yet, I think it might work.
  8. I've been looking through galleries to get ideas on stencil placement and some of the Orchids are so beautiful. There's no way mine is going to even come close. I know I shouldn't feel bad since it's my first house, but I'm already seeing a dozen or more mistakes I've made. Including simple things like not mixing my primer well enough. (I know, that's painting 101.) I think the style I'm doing will work okay, it's not too ambitious so my mistakes shouldn't be too glaring. But I don't think the reality is going to quite match my imagination. Just felt like sharing a little of my frustration while I wait for the paint to dry.
  9. Alright, Harrison it is! I think the piano would look wonderful in the bay window. The village idea is good too, maybe I can do the Glencroft later for an older couple. Or a puppetmaker would be really cute.
  10. I'm finally getting time to work on my Orchid. I painted a lot last night and realized how much more I should have sanded. My walls are not smooth. Gosh, I have so much to learn. I'm hoping to get my stenciling done so I can post some pics for you all later.
  11. Looking for German furniture and I found the most incredible site with tons of pictures and history! http://www.mckendry.net/GALLERY_OF_IMAGES/...OF_IMAGES_1.htm
  12. Alright, let me see if I can post the pics here. The one on the left is the Cinderella castle and on the right is Minnie Mouse's house. I found them at the toy store in California Adventures first and then found more in the big shop on Main Street. I love them! They're like giving yourself little presents.
  13. Ooh, thanks for the link! I think I'm leaning towards the Harrison because I want to have a little boy's room in it and I saw a piano that would be perfect for a music room. I don't know if I could fit everything into the Glencroft. I only thought Glencroft at first since it will only be my second house. I've had my Orchid for two months and it's still in separate pieces all over my table.
  14. I want to do a German village type house and thought of the Glencroft originally, but I really like the looks of the Harrison. Does one have any particular challenges over the other?
  15. Great info! Thank you so much! I will go check it all out.