• Last visited

0 Neutral

About mysistersbrother

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Gary
  • Country
    United States
  1. Thanks, good tips & mostly self explanatory. Except, how small of a hammer? Like an upholstery tack hammer or smaller? I guess I could ask at the hobby shop? Ummm ... sorry, I'll have to call to find out what kind of kit it is, scale, etc. I kinda entered the forum unprepared.
  2. Hi folks, Been browsing the forum and this looks like a friendly and helpful place so I thought I'd stick my head in the door. About a year ago my sister (40-ish) was diagnosed with a debilitating disease. She's wanted a doll house since she was a little girl so this Christmas the family chipped in and bought one for her. We'd also like to get whatever it takes to begin work on it. I can overhaul cars and motorcycles and frame a house (full size) but I've gotta admit ... I'm out of my element with this doll house project. I live in a different state from my sister but I'll be visiting her in a couple of weeks and I'd like to get her project area setup (now that all the trappings of Christmas have been put away) to begin work on the doll house. I'll be visiting this forum as much as I can over the next couple of weeks to try and get as much information as I can before going to visit. As with any site that provides an abundance of information, just trying to find a starting place can be a little intimidating. I'd appreciate it if anyone could provide any pointers to the best way to start. For one thing, I know she's going to need some modeling tools but I don't know what to look for in a "starter set" so information about that would be helpful. I'm assuming a table, an X-acto knife, good lighting and a magnifying glass will be a good place to start. ;) Beyond that, I haven't a clue. I'll try to get her on the forum eventually but often her strength doesn't last long so she may spend most of her energy working on the house rather than setting at the computer. I'll try to document progress for her so that you can see how it's coming along once we can get it going. Sorry for the long intro. BTW, if any of you would like any tips on how to get setup to overhaul your Harley-Davidson Softtail, I'm your guy. cheers, Gary