• Dollhouse Building Experience Five or more
  • Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

3695 profile views
  1. What are you up to today? This week?

I made myself a gnome garden with pretty solar lanterns and fairy lights. Last night I told my visiting 8 year old granddaughter to open the door and check and see if my lights were all on. She took a look, said they were, then went back to the sofa and continued playing with her ipad. Not the result I was expecting. Times and kids have changed, I guess.
  2. Rag Rug Tutorial

I posted one on my blog years ago using embroidery thread, gauze and spray adhesive.
  3. What's everyone working on?

Holly, it's by Reutter, and comes with eggcups. I have a set listed on Ebay.
  4. What's everyone working on?

I glued in the subway tile sheets and the floor tile sheet and painted the wall above the tile a very pale blue color that's a faint echo of the color of the flooring. Next I get to work on the accessorizing.
  5. What's everyone working on?

Yes, Jenn, it's chock full. The vintage tile flooring sheet I ordered came today, as did some sheets of subway tile. I liked them so much I ordered some more. I'd like to get them into the room tomorrow so I can look at it all and decide what color the top part of the wall should be, probably either white or a light blue, but I'm not sure. I'm thinking of this as my Reutter kitchen. I've already put together the furniture I'm going to use for another roombox which I've labelled 1930's kitchen. 
  6. What's everyone working on?

Yesterday I turned a funky looking defective white triple dresser into a kitchen hutch. The other one, the one I was trying to match up to the Reutter sink cabinet now looks greener and the Reutter one looks bluer. I'm looking at the photo, and in it, the one I painted looks blue, and the Reutter one looks green, in spite of the fact that I mixed the paint for the hutch using a green as a base color. Just goes to show you can't trust what colors you see on a screen. In real eye view, though, with one on one wall and the other on the other wall, it's not really noticeable, so I'm happy with it.  
  7. What's everyone working on?

I started working on a kitchen room box using the Reutter Porcelain Country Blue sink cabinet. I picked out a hutch and wondered if I should repaint it white or match it to the sink. Figuring it would look better matched to the sink, I started mixing paints till I got the right color. Last night I thought I had it down pat, maybe needed a little tweak or two. This morning I gave the hutch its first coat of paint and discovered that the Reutter sink cabinet isn't a blue gray, it's green.It never looked green to me before, but next to my cabinet it most surely looks green. I don't know if I should keep tweaking my blue paint or start over fresh with a green base.
  8. selling some more miniatures on ebay

AAAAARGGHHGH - Blasted ebay added "make offers" - I just now deleted that box.
  9. selling some more miniatures on ebay

Carmen, I now scroll down my listings every day checking to make sure they haven't changed any more of them. ALSO Today I listed my last Bespaq parlor set on auction. I even added an extra end table because I happened to have one.  
  10. selling some more miniatures on ebay

Ebay has taken the annoying and infuriating habit of changing some of my Buy it Now listings to accept offers. On investigating, I see they've been doing this to sellers for some time now, and the sellers are not happy. When I set my listings up I uncheck "accept offers"- even though ebay keeps bugging me to take them, assuming I want to get rid of my "junk". If you see something in my ebay listings that you want to buy, you can send me a private message. So I begin my battle with ebay.
  11. The first dollhouse I ever built was a Duracraft Heritage for my daughter who was about 9 or 10 at the time. I had no idea of what I was doing, and only had scrap lumber to work with, and leftover bits and pieces from the kit, but I felt the house needed more play space. You're welcome to check out the pictures if it helps you at all. Just click on them and they'll enlarge. You could add a one or two story addition to your house. Obviously my drawing with microsoft paint really sucks big time.
  12. They remind me of some of the miniatures Vemars and Royal used to sell.
  13. What are you up to today? This week?

Thank you Miranda. Now I can take off my glasses without feeling totally self conscious. The glasses always hid the bags under my eyes a bit. When my son got married in an outdoor Florida wedding, the photographer kept wanting me to take my sunglasses off, and DH whipped them off my face. I looked absolutely horrible in those pictures, it was bright sunshine and my eyes looked even worse with the squinting. On the other hand, the couple got divorced, so no one will ever see those horrible pictures again.
  14. I've begun going through my miniature furniture stash and listing some of them on ebay. I'm turning away from building 1" scale houses, so I won't be needing a lot of things. Here's a link to my ebay listings.  Be sure to check the page often as I plan on adding more things. Anyone want to share opinions on miniature accessories on ebay? I'll be going through boxes and boxes of them when I'm done listing furniture, and there's quite a few things I know I won't use. I'm thinking maybe I should combine them into lots?
  15. What are you up to today? This week?

Here's a before and after picture from my blepharoplasty. One of my eyes had become really irritated the other day and somewhat swollen. The surgeon found it was caused by 3 lashes in the corner that bent the wrong way, so he plucked them out. It's starting to feel better now. He said it'll take another month or two till my eyes are fully healed. It's funny, for the last few years, whenever I looked into the mirror I'd see my mother's eyes. Her upper lids were slightly Asian looking and she said when she was a girl some kids teased her claiming that she was part Mongolian. Now when I look in the mirror I see my father's eyes instead.