• Real Name
    Alisha
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

1,241 profile views
  1. Alisha Lars

CIMG4002.JPG

She's in the new ones, along with some friends, lol!
  2. Alisha Lars

CIMG4010.JPG

It is all scrapbook paper from Hobby Lobby. All but the bedroom is made by American Crafts. I love their papers -- it is heavier than normal and reversible -- a pattern on one side and a complimenting solid on the other.
  3. Hi Julie! Welcome to the forums! The Orchid was/is my first dollhouse -- and I've just finished it (for now, that is). Once you start to figure out how things go together and what order you want to go in, it is nice and straightforward. (For example, I prepped and assembled the windows, set them aside, finished the floors, painted the exterior, papered the inside, assembled, installed windows, did touch ups and finishing stuff.) I read that you were wondering about the overall footprint of the Greenleaf Village, so I went and found a tray (18 by 11 inches) to see if my in-progress Village would fit on it. It does! I've got photographs in my gallery, if you'd like to see them. I bought mine from miniatures.com. The shipping was reasonable ($16 total for the travel trailer, adams, and village) and they arrived quickly. To get to the point that I'm at now, I spent about 3 hours punching, sanding, and glueing the pieces. I've had them taped together since then, just took it off for the photographs, and will likely paint a few tonight while I wait for the bedsheets to dry. Very easy, so far, and a good level of detail.
  4. Welcome! You'll be able to learn a lot from the people in this forum. Are you planning on building from scratch?
  5. Brilliant! And now I'm looking at all my unused Orchid gingerbread in another light. I'd been thinking of using them as wall hangings, but this is much better!
  6. Lots more photographs added to my gallery -- Aside from staining the furniture and dressing the bed, and perhaps swapping some things out once others arrive, I'm happy with how it has turned out. I have decided against the gingerbread trim, though it is all prepped and painted white, should I change my mind later on. Overall, I'm pleased, and excited to start on the next one.
  7. Alisha Lars

Orchid: First Dollhouse

Progress shots and notes for my first dollhouse, the CC Orchid.
  8. Alisha Lars

Greenleaf Village

Building and finishing the Greenleaf Village.
  9. Alisha Lars

RGT Newport

Building and decorating the Real Good Toys Newport dollhouse.
  10. Alisha Lars

House of Miniatures Kits

Kits, boxed and assembled.
  11. Ooooh, fantastic! If you got it from miniatures.com, it should be there any day! I ordered my kits from them on the 5th or 6th, they shipped on the 7th, and arrived (GA to TX) on the 9th. Congratulations!
  12. Agreed -- the Garfield would look so sad without the gingerbread. My Orchid, not so much! I'll take "final" photographs of it soon and post them to my gallery. It is "done-for-now" LOL.
  13. Welcome! You'll learn so much from these wonderful people. I just made my first dollhouse, also for a BJD (well, BJA -- Alice Cherry Blossom). Someday I'll tackle a playscale sized one for the Blythes, too!
  14. Welcome to the forum! I just made my first dollhouse, also an Orchid! It was so much fun, even though it seemed very daunting at the beginning. I prepped and assembled all my windows first, but didn't add them to the house until everything else was painted, papered, and assembled. The only problem with my Orchid was that it wasn't enough space to use all my ideas, so I had to get another dollhouse! Addicting little buggers. I have a lot of photographs in my gallery, if you'd like to take a look.