GraniteGirl

• Last visited

0 Neutral

About GraniteGirl

Profile Information

• Interests
    I've been a beader for 10 years, minitures have always called to me. I'm brand new to dollhouses, so I need all the help I can get!

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Nicole
  • Country
    Canada
  1. Hi John, I'm new too, and a fellow Canuck! Since you have a little experience in minitures, I was wondering if you know of Canadian websites etc. to get supplies from? Is Cranbrook close to Ottawa? I'll be in Ottawa for a few nights later this month, and I'd love to get a little house shopping done........
  2. Hi again, and thanks for all the warm welcomes! The house I have my eye on is the San Franciscan, Dura-Craft. I've been making jewellry for years, so I'm used to working with tiny, detailed stuff (to a degree) and something thats really important to me is that though this is my first dollhouse, I don't want it to look like my first. I think I'm aware of the commitment I'm making, and I'm really excited to get started. Thanks for all your imput - it's a relief to have found this forum, it's great to know I have a bunch of new frinds who are able to help guide me along.
  3. I'm a newbie here and to dollhouses, so I wanted to introduce myself. I live in the middle of nowhere, Canada, and for the first time i have the funds/time to get started. I've been doing lots of on-line research, however, getting started is difficult here. I'm heading home in a few weeks, and I'll begin my shopping then. If anyone has ideas for good books I should start with, I would really appreciate it. Also, I have my eye on a kit on ebay, but I'm concerned that I may be getting in over my head.