3 Followers

About rodentraiser

Contact Methods

• ICQ 0
  • Yahoo rodentraiser@yahoo.com

Profile Information

• Gender Female
  • Location Bremerton, WA
  • Interests I like numbers and astronomy, miniatures and dollhouses, dog training, languages, music, gardening, ghost hunting, model horses, equestrian show jumping, raccoons, rats, and mice. And someday I would like to raise parakeets and guinea pigs.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience Five or more
  • Dollhouse Preference The Traditional Greenleaf
  • Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Kelly
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

6183 profile views
  1. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Thanks, Colleen, but even if I were to get it, I'd have to break it down until I moved some place with more space.
  2. Bug In My Kit?!

I was trying to think of all the Greenleaf houses I've built since the 80s: A Jefferson, a Westville, 1 1/2 Glencrofts, a Rosedale. a Beacon Hill, a Washington, an Arthur, a Brookwood, and a Willowcrest and a trailer are under the sofa.
  3. What are you up to today? This week?

LOL I just realized Thanksgiving is tomorrow. I thought it was next week. Anyway, I guess what I'm doing is better than dealing with relatives (I'm 2000 miles away from my mother, thank God!), but only just. I'm setting up the new computer and it's all I can do to keep from throwing it out the window. As my techie friend told me, I went from vinyl record albums to Blu-Ray in one jump, but still, does it have to be this difficult? Today's task: disconnect new computer, reattach old computer, save all bookmarks to a thumb and write down all passwords, reconnect new computer, upload everything and log on to old sites so I can save my passwords again. Then somewhere I remember that I (stupidly) checked something that said to notify me of new notifications and that s*** is going to stop as soon as I find out where I did that. Asking if I want a notification every time I click on a page is a bit much. After that, I have to go to Icefilms and download all the junk I need to download movies with and that is going to be a ball of fun (NOT!). And finally, I'm going to look for a theme so the top of my screen isn't glaring white at me. I did manage to redo my toolbar last night so at least I have (most of) my icons back (when I went to the new computer, the browser updated about a million versions ahead), but the "large icon" app that I used isn't available for this version of my browser, so now I'm squinting at the screen again. I can't wait until all computer makers are old farts with bad eyesight like me. Boy, will large icons get popular fast! And I finally got Skype working again last night, although it took an hour and the patience of Job to find and get the microphone working right. And I'm learning a whole new system, going from XP to Windows 10. Was there really any reason they couldn't just update XP? And some people get a new computer every year? For me, every two decades would be way too often!  
  4. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

That's the Walmer French Townhouse, I think it's called. I'd kill for that house!
  5. 2 Odd sites - anyone know of them?

Any company that puts this in their "About Us" section: "We is a bold, straight talking..." I'd worry that anything I got would be a knock off.
  6. Bug In My Kit?!

Wow! For those of you wondering, I'm not talking about the bugs. I'm wowing because of Dean posting here and replying to Gina. It's incredibly unusual these days to have the head of a company actually contact the consumers of his products. If anyone here has ever had a problem with something they bought and has fought to get the company to respond to them, you know what I'm talking about. And in this case, Gina didn't even directly buy her kit from Greenleaf. Dean didn't have to offer what he did, but he did it anyway. That puts him head and shoulders above a huge number of corporate CEOs of large companies I could name today. I'm as impressed as can be by the service and commitment Greenleaf shows to their community. People, please take note. In today's corporate world, you're not going to see this very often. Dean, thank you so much for showing what it really means to be concerned about the welfare of the people who buy from you. My hat is off to you, sir!
  7. Showcase Our Miniature Finds

Imma hijack some quotes from another thread we got going here:   Anyway, here is a Sonia Messer mustard chair and this is why I thought your golden chairs were Sonia Messer also. Like I said, though, I'm not all that familiar with all the pieces.   One thing I'm noticing is how much people want for that Sonia Messer furniture all of a sudden. There's a table,  chairs, and a couple of hutches for sale on eBay for something like $350. I got the same table and 6 chairs for only $50. And I bought a vanity set in black walnut from Shelly's Miniature Mania for only $15. That was just last year, I think. Carmen, your little red chairs around the dining room table are sort of cheapos, I think, but you should see what people have done with them!    
  8. What are you up to today? This week?

I did something grosser. When I took a shower this morning, the scabs got soft and I yanked them off. That took care of the itching problem. I hope that wasn't TMI. Boy, is this going to leave a nasty scar, though. I finally got to Best Buy this afternoon and got some thumb drives for my computer so I can save the last of the desktop stuff. The thumbs were for 3.0 USB drives and I thought sure, why not, my new computer takes 3.0 thumb drives. So I got them all the way home and then realized that my old computer, into which I need to stick these thumb drives, does not take 3.0. So I had a hissy fit for a while until I read the package completely and realized these drives would fit both computers. Unless of course, my old computer only fits 1.0 thumb drives. I'm afraid to look. I mean, let me put it this way: I have a thumb drive already. I got it about a year after I got my old computer, paid almost 20 bucks for it and it might have one MB on it. Ten songs fills it up. Today I got two drives with 16 GB each on them and they only cost me $7 apiece. Technology, we bow to you.
  9. Showcase Our Miniature Finds

Yes, I know that sink was expensive - another reason I had to hesitate on it! (But then I turned around and bought the kitchen set. *headdesk*) The cabinets I got are also made in a natural wood stain, but I've always hankered after the white ones. I just like them because they have doors you can see into, although I have seen a few that don't have doors like that. When I got the Bespaq sink that goes to the set, I also got a floor cabinet just like the one in the set although without any glass in the doors (or plastic, I think is what I think it is). Likewise, my sink doesn't have any see through doors on it and I've seen some that do. So there were some different versions made. Because my kitchen is going to be so small, I think I'll stack those small cabinets over the large cabinets and have them go to the ceiling. I already have a large copper hood for my stove, so I won't be putting a cabinet over that. And I may build in the fridge. On that very wide double cabinet, I may put that over my sink and take off the middle doors, so I can fill the shelf with plates and things. Oh, and the one thing you can't see in the pictures (which meant I didn't see it until I got the set) is that the cabinet with a counter doesn't actually have a counter. That's a chopping block! Isn't this shopping addiction terrible? My mom says not to get her anything for Christmas because there really isn't anything she wants. Oi vey! If only I could say that! If someone dropped a million dollars into my lap tomorrow and told me to go shopping on eBay, I'd have all that money spent in a day and still see things I want!
  10. What are you up to today? This week?

Thank you! I need to get out to the store tomorrow, so I may look for that. I think a lot of the itching is in my head, though. For the last couple of hours I've been getting something to eat, doing dishes, and watching 2 episodes of ER, and the itching hasn't bothered me once. So I think it's just a matter of taking my mind off it. Also, when I itch around the burn, it itches more, so once I stop itching, so does the burn. Interesting.
  11. What are you up to today? This week?

I am hating Photobucket right now. Why? I got a new computer!!!! Finally. My old one is 12 years old and running XP and none of the browsers can be updated on it (I've tried Chrome, Windows whatever, Pale Moon, and Firefox acts like it's drugged). This means I can access fewer and fewer websites. It's so irritating. Anyway, I suppose I could have just gotten some network cables to transfer everything on my desktop over to the new computer, but most of the stuff there was pictures I needed to upload to Photobucket. So that's all I've been doing for the last 3 days, 8 hours a day until I can't see the monitor anymore. I now have over 6300 photos uploaded to PB and I bet I know every one of them intimately. It also doesn't help when I'm loading stuff on a website that's slow anyway and I'm on a super slow computer. Then it also doesn't help that I'm combining some albums, deleting others, moving things around, loading the wrong pictures in the wrong albums, loading duplicate pictures in the right (and wrong) albums, or forgetting to load that last picture altogether. Anyway, tomorrow I'm off on a trip to Best Buy to pick up a couple of thumb drives so I can upload the rest of the junk on my desktop on those. I have a couple hundred songs and some other stuff I don't want to put on PB, so it's all going on the thumbs. Then I can finally set up my new computer. It should be so much faster than what I have now. It's got 16 GB of RAM, 1 TB of Memory, and has a Intel i5 core with 3.2 processing speed, whatever all that means. And if it sounds expensive, it really wasn't - I got a refurbished one. And I am so praying I didn't buy a pig in a poke. Of course, now that I have everything on Photobucket, my old computer will probably go like the wind. Meantime, that damn burn on my arm is driving me crazy. It's scabbed over and itching like anything. It looks horrible but it's healing, so I guess I shouldn't complain. But why does it have to itch so bad? Grrr.....  
  12. What are you up to today? This week?

Jeremy, I know they can't take your kids away from you if you're homeless. They certainly can't in Washington, anyway. Also, if you're about to be evicted from your house, the first thing you want to ask for are the original loan papers. I don't think they can evict you without those. There were so many people facing eviction in 2009 and 2010, but a lot of them managed to stay in their homes while the banks were looking for the original loan papers. The loans had been sold so often, that some people never did get evicted because their loan papers were never found. And for anyone who drives a car, one of the things that I think is mandatory in most states is that if you have an accident and bump your head, and you tell your doctor you bumped your head, the doctor can and will take away your DL. Of course, if you have bumped your head, if's a double edged sword because you don't want to end up with a brain bleed just because you don't want to lose your license. But if you know you haven't bumped your head, your answer to the paramedics and the doctor is a firm "NO" when they ask you instead of an "I'm not sure".  
  13. Showcase Our Miniature Finds

I hope the sellers forgive me, but I'm using their pictures of some things I bought recently (after saying I wasn't going to buy anything). I needed a little itty bitty table to be a sewing table and it had to fit into a 2" space. It does and it's lovely.   This is the end table that will be going into the old lady's living room:   And I swore and I swore I wasn't going to dip into savings to buy this, but I did. BUT! My mom is leaving to spend Christmas with my brother and his family in a week and so she's sending me some birthday and Christmas money almost a month early, so that money will go right back into savings. So I got this with only a few qualms of guilt:   It's the old Bespaq kitchen and I've loved it ever since I saw it. I've tried buying it a couple of times before, but there always seemed to be a bidding war and the price would go way too high for me. But I was the only bidder on this set and I can't understand why. The pieces are lovely and very well done. This is the set that will go into the Hofco house. The only thing is, I already have a stove and a fridge I'm using for that kitchen. Mainly I bought this set for the kitchen cabinets. And believe it or not, I already have the sink for this set - I saw it on eBay once and decided I may as well try to collect the set piece by piece. Anyway, now I'll be able to sell the sink, the stove, and the fridge as a set on eBay and I have the cabinets I've always loved!
  14. Showcase Our Miniature Finds

Did you get that off of Ebay, Sam? Because I saw that exact same sink and was drooling over it, too. Then I saw there was a bid on it and I wondered who got it.
  15. Showcase Our Miniature Finds

You know, you might also have some nice Sonia Messer pieces there, too.