3 Followers

About rodentraiser

Contact Methods

• ICQ 0
  • Yahoo rodentraiser@yahoo.com

Profile Information

• Gender Female
  • Location Bremerton, WA
  • Interests I like numbers and astronomy, miniatures and dollhouses, dog training, languages, music, gardening, ghost hunting, model horses, equestrian show jumping, raccoons, rats, and mice. And someday I would like to raise parakeets and guinea pigs.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience Five or more
  • Dollhouse Preference The Traditional Greenleaf
  • Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Kelly
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

7090 profile views
  1. What are you up to today? This week?

Thanks, but I think she's mainly worried because she thinks she'll have to pick up the financial pieces if this doesn't work out. We're not a very close family at all.
  2. What are you up to today? This week?

Give him a hug from me, too. My guy had to be put down almost 30 years ago and I still miss the heck out of him. Losing a furbaby is so hard.
  3. What are you up to today? This week?

Thank you, Susie and Jeannine! Susie, it totally depends on how much I have left over after paying for everything. I'm hoping to at least put a small shed on the property to move my stuff into. But I also have to outfit my car and I may even want to get a cheap van. I'm now going to shoot for July 20th to July 31st, give or take a couple days. I won't be called about the closing until right before June 19th and I don't feel like that will give me enough time to get everything ready. Jeannine, you can always be my cheerleader. I appreciate any support I can get. Lisa is on board with this, but my mother is hysterical, never mind I've been telling her I'm going to do this for years. I'm just hoping I'm not making the biggest mistake of my life!
  4. What are you up to today? This week?

Awww, Jackie, how cute can you get! Someone should make a painting of that picture!   Well, I made a full price offer and we should be closing on June 19th. I hope to be out in my car by the 30th. I'd love to have a camper, but there are a few things that will prevent that. First off, I had hoped with offering only $25,000, I would have enough to have electric and water hooked up to an outside faucet. With this full price offer, I won't have enough to do that, so I'll probably not be on the property that often. It's too far to keep going back and forth for water every day. Maybe by January I'll have enough to get electric and water connected. So even if I had enough for a camper of some sort, there's no point to putting it on the land. By Washington law I can't camp anywhere for more than 6 months. After that, I'd be more or less squatting on the lot and I suppose if a neighbor saw it, they could call the sheriff and have me removed. Sheds here have to have a permit if they're electrified and can't have a 2nd story and people aren't allowed to live in them. The county wants its housing taxes! So even if I manage to get water and electric hooked up and a shed on the land, I'll still be "squatting. Same if I put a camper or trailer on the property and don't have it hooked up to septic, water, and electric. It's going to be an interesting couple of years, but I am thrilled to have property of my own. I don't want anyone feeling sorry for me here. I have a place to live now and I could stay here, but I would only be able to save max $6000 a year if I did. I can save over $10,000 if I'm not paying rent, so living in my car is something I choose to do.
  5. What are you up to today? This week?

Thank  you, but not very good news. The lot was listed at $33,000 and had been on the market for 3 years. I offered $25,000 and the counteroffer was  - $33,000. I have the money; it just sets me back a year is all. That means living in my car two years instead of just one. If I live in my car, I can save almost $10,000 a year. And once the lot is bought, it will cost about another $20,000 to get the electric and water hooked up, get the property cleared again, get a shed on it, and get a septic put on it. The only good thing is I can probably sell the lot for about $80,000 if I get all that done. Anyway, you take care Jeannine and let us know what happens.
  6. What are you up to today? This week?

So let 'em be grossed, Holly. Anyone who says anything about it has got karma waiting to slap them in the butt. I've got I think 14 moles on my face alone, not counting any on my neck, and God knows how many on the rest of my body. I'd love to have them all taken off, but the few I've had removed have left scars, so now I'm left with living with these dang moles and looking like a witch or taking them off and having my face look like a roadmap. If I could, I'd opt for the roadmap and just let anyone say anything to me or about me about how I look. I'll set them straight in a big hurry. I don't have any patience for people with who lack manners these days and something tells me you don't tolerate it either.
  7. What are you up to today? This week?

I'm gone for two days and look what I've missed! Holly, I'm so glad the bleeding has stopped, but I think I'm worrying more about your biopsy than you are! I hate having things like this happen to people I know! And all that credit card fraud! I have to remind myself to be much more careful in the future, as I use my debit card all over the place. At least having ID theft isn't laughed off the way it was when it first started happening. Well, everyone, I went in yesterday and made an offer on a property that is 1.3 acres. I have ten days for a feasibility study. I talked to the listing agent and it was all cleared at one time, the water connection is on the property and the electric will come from the back of the lot - I might have to put in a power box. I've called the people who did the septic design to see if they had a guesstimate on the septic installation. There is no HOA, so therefore, no restrictions. There's just a road maintenance fee, which has gone up $50 in 13 years, so I guess that's not too bad. Taxes right now are $432 a year (posted on the listing site, so I didn't mind putting that here). Both the taxes and road maintenance fee will be prorated for me to pay for the rest of the year. The 500 gallon a day restriction on water is based on yearly use and as I wouldn't be watering a garden in the winter, that should work out. Besides, I can always get those big 55 gallon drums and fill them with rain water. I can have a lawn all over the property but I just can't maintain a lawn in excess of half an acre. So I'll be putting part of the lawn over the drainfield, which, with the rain we get up here, should keep it fairly greenish. I will be closing in June and probably moving in by July 1st. Depending on the septic cost, I will either put in a septic and move into my car until I can save for some other improvements, or put a workshop on the property and live in that until I can save for a septic. Either way, I'll probably be without a computer for a couple years unless I go into the library to use theirs. Now I'm just waiting to hear if the owner accepts my offer. It would be awesome if he did, but I expect a couple of counteroffers. I am so excited I can't sit still!  
  8. What are you up to today? This week?

The property with the septic on it is pending all right, but not for me. Someone else is going to get it. I meant to say I didn't see it until it was already pending. Well, I'm now debating two other properties. They're approximately the same price. One is 1.3 acres and has water into the property, electric close by, an expired septic design done, and is partly cleared. Taxes are high and there's a $250 HOA yearly fee. In addition, each lot is limited to 500 gallons of water a day and I can only make a lawn out of half an acre. I guess they want the other half left in woods. This one would get some snow in the winter, probably more wind, too. The other property is 5 acres and needs to not only be cleared, but probably needs a road bulldozed to it and into it. Water and electric are in the street, but I don't know what street or how much it would cost to bring them into the property. Taxes are lower and there's no HOA fee and I don't think there's any restrictions on the property, but I'd have to check that. The owner is getting it surveyed but I'd probably have to get a wetlands delineation done on it. Both properties are bordered with trees, so I would be able to hideout and live on either property until I could afford to put a trailer on them. In the case of the 5 acre property, that one is surrounded by a couple of other 5 acre properties, so I'd be very secluded. If I buy it, I'm going to have at least a quarter acre cleared right away and then I'd be in my own little clearing surrounded by about 20 acres of wood. It's not that bad - there's houses all around that patch of woods, but the lot I'm looking at sits right in the middle, more or less. So we'll see what happens.
  9. Need inspiration, what ya cooking tonight

Jeannine, it's 3am as I'm typing this and although I'm going to bed in a couple of minutes, I sometimes stay up and see the sun come up before I sleep. Then I sleep until 2pm sometimes. I don't think there's a thing wrong with it but I won't tell if you don't tell.
  10. What are you up to today? This week?

This is me today. I've been looking for property since February. Today I found a lot the size I want, the area I want, with a price I can afford, that already has electric, water, and a two bedroom septic on it. I've never seen the property before in all the listings I've looked at. It's pending. And it's been listed for 151 days. WHERE WAS IT?  
  11. CJN Miniatures&More Fire

I think instead of donating to her Go Fund Me page, I'll bring over some miniatures I know I won't use and donate those. I hope that's kosher.
  12. Need inspiration, what ya cooking tonight

Jeannine, it's supposed to be 85 here today and tomorrow, so it might well be 90 in your neck of the woods. I got some boxes of shrimp shumai when I went to visit Lisa yesterday. Albertson's used to carry it before they were bought out by Safeway,but now I can only find it in a store 20 miles from me. Anyway, I'm going to be having that as soon as I get the wash into the dryer before it gets hot and then for supper, I'm just having watermelon, and cream cheese on French bread with some strawberries. Tomorrow morning I'm going to look at another lot and then stop at the store and get some lettuce (which I forgot yesterday). So it looks like for the next couple of days, I'm having ham and Swiss cheese sandwiches and salad for breakfast and dinner (I don't eat lunch on account of I get up so late). I so hate this heat. It's only 73° right now, but humid, so I have the fan on already. And the sun hasn't even swung over. Blech!
  13. CJN Miniatures&More Fire

What's worse is that she also had consignments there as well that got ruined. So there's going to be a lot of stress involving the insurance companies.
  14. Dollhouses on TV and Movies

Holly, it's been a while since I was here, obviously. LOL But I don't remember what season it was from and I don't remember the episode. I probably didn't remember it when I watched it, either.   This isn't from TV, but the puzzle site I'm on had this as a puzzle to do:  
  15. Need a break from miniatures?

Maybe the driver was able to film this because this is the easy part of the road to drive. LOL I've driven curves like this going to Grant Ranch Park in San Jose and Fremont Peak in San Juan Bautista, but those roads were wide enough for two cars to pass and they were paved. I don't think I'd have the nerve to be a passenger in this truck, let alone drive on this road.   By the way *innocently* I think I could find a 20 minute video of those guys who hike along the rocks someplace in Spain if you want me to post it. You know the path - the ones where they join boards together (lengthwise) along the rock face and some of the path is crumbled away so they have to plaster themselves against the cliff to get by. Anyone want to see that one?