3 Followers

About rodentraiser

Contact Methods

• ICQ 0
  • Yahoo rodentraiser@yahoo.com

Profile Information

• Gender Female
  • Location Bremerton, WA
  • Interests I like numbers and astronomy, miniatures and dollhouses, dog training, languages, music, gardening, ghost hunting, model horses, equestrian show jumping, raccoons, rats, and mice. And someday I would like to raise parakeets and guinea pigs.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience Five or more
  • Dollhouse Preference The Traditional Greenleaf
  • Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Kelly
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

7351 profile views
  1. Need a reason to laugh again?

Life got ya down? Don't see anything funny in the world? Well, take a gander at these videos and you'll find something to laugh at again. Warning: 1) Make sure you go to the bathroom first. 2) Make sure you're sitting down. 3) Have some tissues handy for wiping up the tears of laughter.         And last but not least: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_USJCTIgs4  
  2. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Here's a few things I found someone might like: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Miniature-House-Dollhouse-Windows-Lot/223105597186?hash=item33f2213f02:g:2fUAAOSwCBtbdc4V https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dollhouse-Miniatures-Handmade-Blue-Delft-Table-Blue-White-Paper-Tile/163174478592?hash=item25fdf4f300:g:U6IAAOSw-6pbUlqc I wouldn't mind getting that table myself, but I can't justify spending that much on a little table.  
  3. Houseworks Ltd Windows ISO

Oh my goodness! I thought you were talking about Carlson windows for your house. My apologies - I should have looked up the numbers. But anyway, those are beautiful windows! And I'm so glad you found the ones you did. They do show up from time to time on eBay, but not often.
  4. Houseworks Ltd Windows ISO

Every now and then a bunch of them show up on eBay. If you do a search for ACP, American Crafts, and Carlson's, eventually they'll show up, although it may takle quite a while. Also check window lots - I've seen a lot of old Carlson windows show up in odd lots.
  5. What are you up to today? This week?

My mother just likes to tell me how I'm doing everything wrong, whether it's cooking or washing dishes. Once I told her she could do it herself then and started to walk away, but she said, no, it was fine, she didn't want to take over (really?). As soon as I came back, she started criticizing again. On top of everything else....when I was home with the dog one year, he tried to take something off the kitchen counter (unusual because he never did stuff like that). So I said no and tried to give him a light smack on the muzzle. He jerked his head away and whacked it on the kitchen counter and my mom told me she thought I was mean to him. I can only imagine what would happen if I had kids. And I was so hoping the dog would continue to take stuff off the counter, but he reverted to behaving himself and never did it again. I adored the dog. Not sure I can say the same about my mother.   Today I am doing absolutely nothing. It's supposed to be 92 today and tomorrow and all I did this morning was cook up some hamburger with taco seasoning before it got too hot. I have refried beans in the fridge and now the hamburger, tortillas, and tostadas and it's going to be a no cook couple of days. Although I just might go out for a pizza tomorrow. No cook, no cook, no cook.
  6. Need inspiration, what ya cooking tonight

Jeannine, would you mind posting or sending through PM your recipe for deep fried battered fish? I've tried that many times with the batter I have and I can never get the fish to not fall apart in the oil. Thanks! ----------------------------------------------------- In a couple of hours I'm going to start the refried beans in the crock pot so I can have tostadas for supper. We're about to start another heatwave, so I want something I can just throw together at night and not have to cook.  
  7. Can anyone ID this dollhouse for me?

See, I knew someone had a house they wanted ID'd! I just couldn't find the thread. Anyhoo, I decided to look tonight before I forgot again and I think I found it. It''s called The Westerner and it's by The Dollhouse Mfg. Co. The house is in my catalog 4th Edition on page 55 in case anyone else wants to double check me. The house kit price was $118.50 and it was 27" H x 32" W x 22" D. It had 1/2" floors and 1/4" walls. The copyright on it says 1980 - that's probably when they first started making the kit. It had 6 rooms, but said it had a special layout with the bathroom and center hall on the second floor. Wt was 40 lbs. It looks spot on to the one in my catalog, including the upper two windows on the sides, no base, and the porch posts, which are set in a bit from the edges. See if there is anything on the bottom of the dollhouse that says who made it.
  8. Showcase Our Miniature Finds

Seems to me they made a lot of kits from famous books, movies, or TV shows. I remember the Norman Bates house, the Southern mansion from Gone with the Wind, and a couple others I can't bring to mind right now. Congrats on getting that house, though. They are few and very far between. I didn't even know they made the Stratford Inn.
  9. Need inspiration, what ya cooking tonight

And there I am, going in the completely opposite direction. I'm thinking that today after I put the wet T-shirt on, I should be cool enough for about 20 minutes to put together a ham and potato casserole with a Parmesan cheese sauce (made from cream). Oh, well, I didn't want to lose weight today anyway.
  10. rsz-fire-pl-w.jpg

Wow!
  11. What are you up to today? This week?

I am sitting here sweltering in the heat. We just got through with a week long heatwave, had a couple nice days, and now we have high heat again for the next 8 days again. Somebody just shoot me now. It gets worse. My car is at the dealership - since last Wednesday. It should be fixed tomorrow, but it won't come home till Thursday now, as I have to walk down to the credit union to transfer some money and I'm sure not going to go down there except in the early morning. I need to have something in the computer replaced, then I have a leak in the gasket head, a torn engine mount, spark plugs, breaks are down to their last inch and I have two tires that need to be replaced, as of yesterday. Plus an oil change. Total? $3800. For a $2000 car. Even with the old fart discount. So the dealership is doing the PCM replacement, everything else is going to my mechanic who almost laughed himself sick over what they were going to charge me. I figure I'll still be putting at least $2200 into the car and that doesn't include new tires. The guy who was supposed to mow my lot still hasn't called me back and now it doesn't really matter. It looks like I'm here till next January, at least. Before I can move, I need a shed to store my stuff in and before I can get a shed now, I have to save the money for it. The shed money went into the car. That thumping sound you're hearing is me hitting my head against the wall.
  12. Dollhouse Identification

I think it's homemade, too. I would have remembered a dollhouse with only two single windows on the extended front. That's pretty unique.
  13. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Well, that is an older dollhouse for sure. I'd give a lot to know where they purchased the handrail on the stairs. It might be handmade. The balusters are the same kind I got from the old Dollhouse Factory back in the 80s before the store was sold. I'd also love to know how they managed to get that plug in on top of the paneling to work with the tape wire. Or maybe that's one of those that's not working. Nice house, though.
  14. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Those are NOT oeil-de-boeuf dormers. And if the shipping is only estimated, I wouldn't take a chance. It could cost more than that to ship the house and all the furnishings.
  15. First dollhouse

I would also add a roof strip to the center divider, just the length of it. That will definitely give it a finished look. That's a very nice house!