rodentraiser

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by rodentraiser

1. Chris, I hate to say it, but that last outfit there with the black top and the red pants looks like something a gangbanger would wear. LOL Still, it would be better than what I wear. For instance, if I wear white, I look like the a giant sailboat being blown down the sidewalk in the wind. What's really embarrassing is when I go out and there is no wind.
  2. You are welcome, Kat! But don't jutt spend the wheat pennies. They really are worth something. Take them down to a coin dealer and see what they're worth first. And so while completing our money lesson for today, dimes and quarter 1964 and earlier are silver. Keep those. You can tell the difference if you drop a silver quarter on the counter and then drop a cheap (today's) quarter on the counter. The silver one will ring. Fifty cent pieces before 1964 are also silver, however, Kennedy half dollars made between 1964 and 1969 also have silver content and are worth more than 50 cents, too. If you ever get a coin that looks like it has mirroring around the raised portions, those are usually from proof sets. When I worked in the vault, our 7-11 merchants would get a lot of those because the kids would steal their parents' proof sets and spend the money. A lot of special edition coins are like that too. Any real silver will always be marked. If it ain't marked, it ain't silver. OK, class dismissed! Good luck in finding those valuable coins!
  3. I hear you. Some days I'd be willing to bet that I'm the only person who could sit cross legged and rest a lady on each knee. How sad is that? Deb, I am so sorry you're in that much pain. I've been having to lean on grocery carts when I go shopping and that's always helped, but last week I spent almost an hour in one store and that almost finished me. And I still had three stores to go. I visit between 2 and 5 stores when I shop so I can get the sales.
  4. All of a sudden I've been noticing gray all over my head. I'd dye my hair, but I'm scared to death about what I will look like when I finally let my hair grow out. I guess I can't complain - I'm almost 60 and just starting to get gray. And no real wrinkles to speak of either (I hate the sun and haven't been seriously out in it for the last 20 years). I'd be happy with that, but years of sun shining on the left side of my neck while I drove makes me look like I have a 25 year old face on a 90 year old neck. Years ago someone at work asked me if I photoshopped my face on my neck. Oh, yes, har har, it was so funny. Not. Oh, and just for the record, today I'm wearing underwear. Well, somebody had to say it!
  5. The little old couple in Lassie Come Home that found Lassie in the ditch and nursed her back to health.
  6. Hey, Kat, remember if your penny is worth 2 cents now, that means it's value has doubled! Just throwin' that out there.
  7. What's worth money in the money business is misprinted bills and silver certificates and some red bills, if they're in mint condition. I worked for the bank when they first had coin coming out in plastic wrappers from Fed Reserve. We collected silver like nobody's business! I also a misprint $20 bill, a $20 gold certificate, and a bunch of silver certificates (NOT in mint condition). Because I was young and dumb, I eventually sold all of them for not much above their face value. Oh, and if you guys ever get a $500 or a $1000 bill, it's worth waaaay more than face value. Collectors want those. Me, I'd take the $500 or $1000 even if it was in ones. I'm not picky.
  8. Lene, I hate to say it, but in my case it's just too much food and not enough exercise. I have emotional eating problems too. Some days I feel like a garbage can. Someone steps on my toes and my mouth opens. I think if I can ever move out of where I'm at right now, I will be much better. Barbara, I think I like your line better!
  9. I think it's the Harriet Carter catalog where they sell 4 (or is it 6) different camisoles in different colors that you just pin to your tops. They're not that expensive either and if got out more, I'd get those. My problem is, I don't have a waist. I go from chest to hips with nothing in between. If I were pregnant, I'd look like I was pushing a Boeing 747 out in front of me. What am I saying? I'm fat and I look like that now! That's why I get the "And when are you due, dear?" questions all the time. For the record, now I'm saying "Just 14 more months!" and continue on my way. Or if they ask me if I'm having a boy or a girl, I tell them I don't know because this was an experiment and I don't even know what species the baby will be. Then I don't continue on my way and wait for the next question, grinning evilly. I'm so bad. Anyway, no waist means it's impossible for me to buy any pants without actually trying them on. In my next life, I want to be beautiful, rich, and perfectly proportioned.
  10. rodentraiser

Up until now

I am so loving this house!
  11. rodentraiser

Tile pattern

Here is the slate pattern that Lawbre makes for their slate: http://lawbre.com/1026_slate_flooring_kit.html Hope this helps.
  12. I still have that silly $2 bill with the cancelled stamp on it for first day of issue. I thought it was worth something and then I went to check it on eBay. It was worth - you will have guessed - two dollars. I still have a set of 6 Star Trek lottery tickets (long beyond using) that I would like to sell someday. I wonder if I would get more than $6 for those? I'm so tempted to scratch them. I wouldn't because you just know one of them would be a million dollar winner.
  13. One thing I love about the Seattle area is everyone wears backpacks. Years ago, before it was stolen out of my car, I had a larger-than-a-purse smaller-than-a-backpack thingy. It really was a purse that you could carry or put on your back. I used it when I went over to see Tom Rush in Seattle one night, taking the ferry and putting my good shoes in it while walking to the theater in my tennies (another nice thing about Seattle - you can be as dressed up as anything but no one cares if you're walking in in comfy shoes on the street). What's neat about the purse backpack is you can carry it easily on your back and be hands free and in this culture, no one thinks it looks funny. As for buying clothes, I have a hard time buying large sized tops locally. Oh, they're there, all right, but all of them are slit down to the navel. I told one salesclerk that the point of me buying tops in the first place was to be covered up, not to show off more skin. Of course, that went right over her little head. *sighs*
  14. I hope none of the guys come into this thread. Holly, "the ladies..." I'll have to remember that one. In my case, the ladies are the fat ladies in the circus. When I told my mother I was going to buy a swimsuit for swimming at the Y, the first thing she said was not to get a swimsuit that tied around my neck because my head would get dragged down to the bottom and I'd drown. I told her no, those were actually flotation devices and the worst that could happen is I wouldn't be able to swim underwater. Maureen, I'm just praying there won't be a fire until winter. If I had to do the fast evacuate right now.......
  15. You do? All I did was sign up. If I'm interested in something, I just look for it in the search bar.
  16. I watched the last episode where the garden was finished and they were home from Texas. I thought that was the last episode this season and it turns out there may be more! Yayyyy! Do you find the accents hard to understand? I'm getting very good at understanding a British accent now, although it took me a couple of times to figure out that GEH-ruge is a garage. We pronounce it like gah-RAZH. I thought George Clarke might have a bit of an Irish accent. It's something about his speech pattern and the way he pronounces his o's. I was watching one episode of a guy (this was another UK TV show) looking for the biggest hog in the world. So he came to Louisiana or some southern state to hunt the wild hogs. When he met with the southern guys taking him out in the swamp, they used subtitles whenever these downhome boys spoke. I guess the producers thought the people in the UK wouldn't be able to understand them. And they were probably right. I could hardly understand them!
  17. I'm wearing a sort of loose top that I use as a night gown, because it's so thin and cool in summer. All I can say is, if you had asked me what I was wearing during the heatwave last week, I probably couldn't have answered and you more than likely wouldn't have wanted to know. It was something to do with the new clothes of high officials (well, people, it's the only way I can stay cool!). Besides, I think Greenleaf frowns on those sorts of comments.
  18. I'm not sure, but maybe you can just pay with a credit card instead of Paypal, and I wouldn't think that would require an account. Here's the thing, though. There is a place to leave a sort of "feedback" for the seller like on eBay, and if you're not registered, I don't think you can do that.
  19. I know, CJ. I think 400 sq ft would be the minimum for me. And I'd have to have a full fridge and tub. Thanks, Kathie! From what it sounds like, I'd be better off downloading stuff on Icefilms. Totally free (well, you have to have an internet connection) and no commercials. And just about all current TV shows and movies, including those from the UK and Australia. There are blips, but for the most part, I am way happy with this.
  20. This might work. Put the newel posts that are on the bottom of the stairs on the outside of your bottom steps and then just run the rails up to the walls. Drop the newel posts at the top. If stuff isn't attached yet, you might want to see how this looks. If you don't like it, you can always go back to what you have (which I think looks pretty good!).
  21. I want a tiny house or trailer, but I insist on: a full tub, a fridge NOT under the counter, and a stairway to the loft, not a ladder. I'd like to get the Corona trailer and see what I could do with that.
  22. Thanks, Sarah! That was a big DUH on me - when I went to watch the second episode, it said FYI right there on the screen. Can someone explain Roku to me?
  23. I just saw episodes 1 and 2. This is a must for people building small cottages! It's about people who are downsizing to small houses (and by small, I mean 500 ft or less) and it's absolutely fascinating to see what they can do with that little space. Don't be put off by some of the things people say you have to do to scale down. Personally, I don't like the idea of everything having to be hidden away until I need it and I'm not willing to give up the things I love (like my books) so I can have "more room" in a small house. I firmly believe that with perseverance, you can keep the things you want to keep. My room is 9 x 12 feet and I have my bed, my sofa, and my books here and I'm bringing in a 5 ft dollhouse to work on in a couple months, or less. Hopefully less. Anyway, I don't know what channel this is on because I watch the show on Icefilms, so if someone else knows, please post the info! By the way, if anyone wants to know how to watch TV and movies on Icefilms, please PM me. It's not my site and I'm not promoting it, but with so many people cutting cable these days, this is one great option for keeping up with some of your shows. And it's free.