rodentraiser

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by rodentraiser

1. It gets worse. During this heatwave, I've been getting up 2 hours early to get things done. Things like watering my plants AND the neighbors' plants. I have yet to plant the marigolds or the daisies and my sciatica is back. Please, please don't let it be as bad as last time. I've also had to work a doctor's appointment, laundromat, and shopping into this mix. Once it hits 11am, it's too hot to do more than just flake out. BUT! I found these and I think I'll order a couple bundles and put them in the safe that's going in my attic. https://www.marysminiatures.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=382_706&products_id=56999 I was going to get 6 bundles but my safe isn't that big.
  2. Well, I'm happier. Than what, I couldn't tell you. But the power steering thing was just a belt and I have both sides of my rock garden done now and the morning glory seeds are planted. I even have dirt in the big planter and I can't decide if I should put the giant sunflowers there or plant corn in it. Of course, with all the coming and going, nothing's been done inside and my trailer looks like a tornado hit it. Now tomorrow I have to return that clock and then visit the hardware store for - chicken wire!, which has to go over my rock garden. I finished spreading new topsoil all over it and everyone loves it - the cats, the birds, the squirrels, and the raccoons. All of them are like little rototillers. Which is great now, but not when I plant all my seeds. Always freaking something.
  3. I am trying hard to get motivated to do anything. With decent weather, I finally thought I could get a dollhouse our of the shed and start working on it. Of course, first, I had to get another canopy since the old one fell down in the snow. So, I ordered a canopy, another arbor for my garden, and an alarm clock, and bought sand and top soil for my garden. This was all after I found out I didn't have to pay taxes this year! So for a whole day I was happy. Then the canopy arrived. It's 10x20 and the two people I paid to help put it up couldn't do much with it. It's only halfway up and you have to walk like Quasimoto underneath it or you'll whack you head on the struts. I don't know what I'm going to do with it, but I can't work on a dollhouse underneath it right now. The alarm clock is the wrong color and so I need to return that but I can't until Wednesday because Tuesday the car goes in again because I think the power steering pump is out. Possible $500+. The arbor went together surprisingly well, but I'm so down right now I couldn't bring myself to go out today to finish putting dirt in the flower beds and plant seeds. And I need to do that because I have the morning glory seeds soaking in a glass of water and last night when I got up to get a drink I almost drank them. Never put your soaking morning glory seeds next to your water cup. On the bright side, my tulips came up with a vengeance (out of 150 bulbs, there was only one other bulb that grew - an iris, out of five irises planted) and one tulip even has a bud on it. And the sunflower seeds I throw out for the birds are rooting now, too. It's been so warm at night the last two days I left my door open. Since the cat sleeps on the bed and will wake me up at night to let her out, I thought she could go in and out herself and I'd get more sleep (she goes through the hole she scratched in the screen). Instead with the door open, she goes in and out at least a dozen times at night and every time she comes in, she wakes me up for petting. The door will be shut tonight. This, of course, is not my cat. How's your day going?
  4. If you're using tape wire, it shouldn't get wet. The wire is double sealed between the plastic. I mentioned this before but I'll mention it again. In houses with thinner walls, if you run tape wire on both sides of an interior wall and then plug in an outlet, the prongs on the outlet might go through the wood and connect with the wire on the other side of the wall.. That will for sure stop your outlet and maybe your lights from working. Also, for anyone who thinks they may have to repaper in the future, make sure you buy an extra sheet of wallpaper now and put it away for that purpose. It's surprising how so many patterns get discontinued and when the time comes to repaper, at least you won't have to move heaven and earth to find the same wallpaper you used before.
  5. I use this online editor to crop, add text, and to reduce the size of photos when I need to. Maybe this will help. https://www.online-image-editor.com/
  6. That's just how I look when I wake up in the morning.
  7. I can't remember if I've posted these before or not, but if I haven't, I thought everyone here would enjoy these. The Hooked on Houses link might give people ideas for houses they make. These aren't exactly minis, so that's why they're in Chit Chat. https://smallhousebliss.com/2014/11/07/the-doll-house/ https://hookedonhouses.net/cottages/
  8. Just so everyone knows, I washed my hair last week and decided to air dry it before I combed it this time. After it was combed, my hair really did look like my avatar. It even stuck out the same way and I scared the cat. So watch what you pick as your avatar, folks, You never know...
  9. HI Linda! Welcome back! The only thing going on in my life is I finally got internet! Real internet, as in not using my neighbor's WiFi anymore. Of course, there is one tiny rain cloud. I thought the satellite had to face south. I thought I could put it right up next to my trailer and take advantage of the whole cleared area I have to the south. Of course not. The satellite has to face northwest. So now it's sitting out in the middle of my yard where anyone can see it and walk off with it and it's right in the middle of where the yard is going to be bulldozed this year and it's right where I want to put my flowerbeds and there is a loooooooong cord from the satellite to the the trailer right where I'll trip on it every time I go feed the birds. On the plus side, I have my desktop back and I have access to all my recipes. Woohoo!
  10. Nothing going on here in the PNW weatherwise, but I'm sure many of our members couldn't say that where they're living! I hope everyone is safe.
  11. Anybody in the New York area? This is an old, rare Hofco house that opens on two sides. https://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/atq/d/new-york-victorian-dollhouse-mansion/7600820279.html
  12. Here's another chateau. Just for the record, this dollhouse cost twice what my parents bought their house for in 1965. https://www.etsy.com/listing/1022607140/french-dollhouse-miniature-chateau?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=french+chateau+dollhouse&ref=sr_gallery-1-4&organic_search_click=1
  13. Did you guys know there was an IKEA dollhouse? I mean, given what the company sells, I guess it makes sense. https://www.etsy.com/listing/1436566839/ikea-dollhouse?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=dollhouse&ref=sr_gallery-1-26&frs=1&sts=1&organic_search_click=1
  14. https://www.etsy.com/listing/1094976205/the-french-chateau-112-scale-kit?click_key=bb3d7aaece178cf9ea43944caf92c105da4be49a%3A1094976205&click_sum=de875742&external=1&rec_type=cs&ref=landingpage_similar_listing_top-7 If you have any spare change on you. Also, there's this - I know a lot of people have been looking for the metal washer and dryer and this site says they have them for sale. If you want a set, I guess it's worth a chance to check it out. https://www.thelittledollhousecompany.com/laundry-room-c-12_129/miniature-white-metal-dryer-p-17329 https://www.thelittledollhousecompany.com/laundry-room-c-12_129/dollhouse-scale-model-white-metal-laundry-dryer-p-4705
  15. Has Greenleaf ever done just a basic farmhouse? It seems like all the other companies at one time or another made a farmhouse ala the Duracraft style farmhouse, but I don't recall Greenleaf ever making one. Now that Duracraft is gone, maybe a farmhouse with a curved porch and all the other great embellishments that make a Greenleaf house so cool, maybe this is the time? A nice, big house, with an entry hall, living room, dining room, large kitchen, and laundry room on the first floor, various rooms on the second floor and an attic. I don't want much, do I? Oh, and all for under $20. Er, OK, I know that last bit is totally unrealistic. Is Greenleaf ever thinking about making their houses 1/4" thick? Yeah, I know that would put the price up but the houses would be sturdier and right now as far as I know, they'd be the only houses with 1/4" thick wood on the market. It might attract people who don't want to build a heavy MDF house, but want something sturdy for their kids to play with. Maybe the house and the trim, windows, doors, and stairs could be offered separately. Well, I can dream.
  16. Wouldn't you know, there was a 1:12 Lacamas Lake house for sale at the Seattle Miniature Show a couple weeks ago. And I missed it. It was $800, finished inside and out and electrified. I have no idea if it came furnished. If it didn't sell, it will probably be in the Portland show in October. I guess I could either afford the house or buy food. By October, if the house is still available, $800 will probably be one week's worth of groceries at Safeway. LOL Actually, maybe not LOL. That's probably too real to be funny. Anyhoo, now I'm wondering if I can turn my little Simplicity dollhouse with the two additions into a sort of Lacamas Lake house, small version...
  17. The Country Lady is just a smaller version of the Victorian house that ACP made. The company started under the name Carlson's, so if you look for any building components for them, make sure to look under ACP, American Craft Products, and Carlson's. The other thing to remember is their staircases are only 2 1/2" wide. Staircases you buy today are 3" wide, so if you are using anything but an ACP staircase, your stairwells will need to be widened.
  18. What is a pin nailer? I didn't actually think those were staples, although they sort of looked like them. I know once I had them all out, the houses went back together like a dream, although I had to use brads. So yeah, their quality was unparalleled. I'm sure I've seen the Lacamas Lake house in 1" size. That would be what I'm looking for, so fov, you don't have to fight me for anything. Someone on Craig's List has a small house for sale and it looked a lot like the Victorian Times houses. I think I'll contact them just to see if it's signed on the bottom. I remember that Nutshell News with the 1/2" scale Lacamas Lake house. It was on the cover with fireworks. I think the house was painted red. To die for.
  19. That sounds like a huge undertaking. I can't wait to see it finished.
  20. I have an RGT Simplicity with two full size RGT additions. All of them have the siding milled in. I'm willing to let them all go for a decent price since I got the Simplicity for $20. I'd like to sell them all together, if I can, although they may have to go out in two boxes. The house and the additions are in kit form. The closest I got to putting them together is putting the second floor into the center wall and pulling it back apart again.
  21. OK, so there really is no good place in the Heritage for a fireplace if I extend the only wall it can go on. So here's my final (yeah, sure) solution: I'm going to extend the living room with a bump out of two inches (which will be set back from the front) and it will be ten inches long. I'm putting the fireplace on the inside so the chimney runs up on the outside wall on the second floor. Because I'll have an extra arched window, I'm going to split that window in two and put half a window on each side of the fireplace. Now that that is settled, I just have to wait for decent weather to build.
  22. I'll pop in if I think of a good name, but don't expect miracles from me. I named the cat I'm adopting Pita. Because she is. You know what, a trip to the library to check out a French dictionary might give you some good ideas. And I always wanted to have my kennel name as du Flambeau. And if you wanted to use that name, I wouldn't mind a bit. I was just informed you were French, so excuse my stupidity about the dictionary. This is what happens when I don't get my 2nd breakfast or elevenses. Or my old person nap. Is it du Flambeau or de la Flambeau?
  23. At one time someone in Seattle had a Joseph Angel house for sale. I couldn't get it at the time but I did question his ad. He said it had been built from a kit. I told him there were no kits of these houses but he insisted it was a kit. So...I don't know. It's possible the house was broken down in some way. I had an Elliot Bay that I bought in pieces, but it was obviously previously put together with HUUUUGE staples.. And when Lisa and I (cringe) had to take apart that Joseph Angel house to get it into my car, we found that it had been put together with HUUUUGE staples as well. My hands still hurt thinking about pulling them all out, which I had to do because I couldn't staple the house back together. Edited to add: I want a Lacamas Lake house so bad it hurts. If anyone ever finds one, let me know. If you don't grab it first, that is. lol
  24. What about Miniature Collector? Is it gone too?