rodentraiser

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by rodentraiser

1. I'm going down to Ace tomorrow and I'll check out what they have. I'm in no hurry to start this build at all. I like the looks of that one a lot. I may just go ahead and order it when I go to the library tomorrow. It can't be any more expensive than Ace. Thanks!
  2. I know this post is from a long time ago, but that house is a Walmer house. I'm sorry, but I can't remember the exact name. I do know there were two versions of it done, one larger than the other, and they each had their own name.
  3. Hi Matt! As someone who's been out of touch herself, I can say I'm glad you're back!
  4. I won't be able to ID too many houses. All my books are still in storage. I'd have to go by memory and this old lady's memory may not be that accurate. LOL
  5. It would be easier to get hold of wood. I haven't even seen foam core anywhere in Belfair. If you know anything about the Duracraft houses, you know their "walls" (sided on one side, flat on the other) slide down between posts. What this does on the inside is leave a raised post along the walls so if you're putting in baseboard or ceiling molding, you have a break because the walls aren't flush with the posts on the inside. What I'm going to do is take the 1/8" wood and cut it to fit the inside walls between the posts. This will bring it level to the posts and make the house 1/4" thick. Then I'll fill the gaps with wood filler and then sand.and prime. The nice thing about this is the new 1/8" wood will hold up the second floor without gluing braces underneath. The quarter inch wood I want simply because I'm going to completely replace the interior walls and make a sunroom outside the kitchen, for a combination sunroom and breakfast/eating area. I think I'm going to buy a small hand saw (non-electric). That would work much better than a utility knife or the saw that comes with the miter boxes.
  6. Well, I may be getting closer to having internet. My neighbor is letting me use his WiFi and it seems like it works really well. It's Starlink, so I may have a go at getting it soon. It's new for this area. The only other internet satellite links were too expensive, had ridiculous data caps, and just sucked overall. I really won't be posting much because I really don't have a project to work on. At least until summer. I got a Duracraft Heritage kit and of course, I'm all over the place as to how I'm going to change it. But that means buying 1/8" and 1/4" wood and cutting it, and I won't be able to do that for quite a while. We got 5" of snow here and supposedly another 8" is coming in tonight. My trailer awning was blown off the trailer last spring and the canopy I got to replace it just collapsed from the snow. I also had an arbor that fell on one side and twisted on the other. I don't know if that's a write off too, but I'm not checking until after all the snow is gone. I am not Hans Brinker; I refuse to get out there to slip and slide all over the place. So a new canopy takes precedence over the dollhouse at the moment.
  7. Found another door. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285023611998?hash=item425cbb2c5e:g:c3YAAOSwzIdjYc8Q&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoIQ3nNUaE8QLgbU4Ee8F5oM6n4BucndIIID8Kc6b8yCXugvpSNXS%2BrMJNg1w7pKQzitdkqzc2qJrjlwKEgOhW5ffIsJ1gAuUXuVykKAP9Hia0u%2FYGx8EMm%2Fk%2FZ82n2SU4%2BAbLqJYewC5KvTpmi2l5mLaoUwq4ZOvDMr4C1AYAGwxij7kxRWripP%2FsTGuVS5TVlKW%2BkmwjVm8sJhj2aHQg%2Bo%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR7yup6OSYQ
  8. Actually, I think that's an old Artply house. The Franklin or something. You guys may have seen this before, but I thought it was just neat enough to post it: https://www.ebay.com/itm/143723084904?hash=item2176903c68:g:f~0AAOSwMwJfVN4c&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoKJw4T2mfdnzybAApVoiAXAHziPOOd221vaw%2FkYbF4vMXeiUykBKED%2BCSpyf%2Fmrv47GUZ%2FRi5v%2BlSt69Bc4DY%2B1YMQS7gZl%2BbJdgqbQDjECdcxAPrnq%2FGCy6Apa6FHoWJXmJ%2Bh7M62nS73m4%2Bbd3kqEhxqwPXZeQ8mBXw2B%2BBa0lHTjmeCT1EJKvPvV14ODMA0Sec%2BvuUGTOKrpcE22XD%2FY%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR5LywqGSYQ For those cottages and at a decent price, too. Even shipping is reasonable.
  9. I know, Holly. I've already planned on having a 7 ft, hog wire trellis fence. It'll look nice when it's done. Aggie, I don't think you owe me any money. I'll PM you though.
  10. Kathie, if 2023 isn't a better year, I'm going to have to speak to someone about it. Yeah, Holly, I'm just hangin' in there. I just looked up one of my old friends from California with an idea of calling her and found out she died in 2004. I guess we should have kept in better touch with each other. But on the plus side, I may get the yard done next spring. If I want a garden, then I'm going to need a fence. So next year I'm thinking of putting up a fence and finishing the yard off so I don't have to look at a moonscape anymore. I'm thinking of seeding the yard with meadow grass and wildflowers so I only have to cut it once a year. It's called lazyitis and I'm afraid I've been affected by it. My juncos and towhees are coming back. This morning I had quail on one side of me and a hummingbird on the other plus 5 deer checking me out, so I couldn't move. And I have another little squirrel coming in to eat now too.
  11. Hey, Muriel! I think I've adopted a cat. How's that for wildlife? Hey, guys, long time, no see! I'm sorry for checking out for so long, but not working on anything miniature and with everything else going on, I just didn't feel like showing up and complaining about all my problems. But I guess it's time to catch y'all up. My ankle has healed nicely, except I now have a left foot 1/2 size larger than the right. But my ankle was only the start of this year's health problems. Here's what else has happened: I've been into the ER three times now with what my doctor thinks is gall bladder problems and he thinks the gall bladder has to come out. I'd be happy. A couple days in the hospital having people wait on me hand and foot and being able to watch TV would do me good. Wait...didn't I just do that? Well, anyway, then I tore the miniscus of my right knee again. Then I got a flu shot and ended up with cellulitis (skin infection). Then in September I got sciatica. Not too bad at first, but then it went wild. It's getting much better but still prevents me from really doing anything. I'm on gabapentin, Vicodin, and my third prescription of Percocet. I have an MRI scheduled next week (which may show I need surgery on my back) and an appointment at a pain clinic at the end of the month. I've been doing chiropractic visits but they didn't do much good so now I'm doing physical therapy. And oh, yes, my mom died in August. She was 92 and had cancer, so we knew this was coming. But I am soooooo ready to see the back end of 2022. And we still have two months to go. eeeeeeeee Nothing else is happening currently except of course, the unseasonably cold temps we're supposed to get next week and dare I say it - snow flurries. It's like this summer never happened, but would you believe that three weeks ago we had near 90 degree heat? Reddy Kilowatt was with me at least in June when she came inside the trailer and jumped on my shoulder, but I haven't seen her since. I think she's gone. I did have a brash and bold young male squirrel tame himself and climb on my arm when I sat outside with peanuts, but he seems to have vanished as well. And most of my birds left when we had all that smoke from the wildfires descend on us for a couple days. All I have left are 10 jays now and about 50 doves. The rest are migrating south or just plain gone. Oh, but I did put up a hummingbird feeder and I have at least three of those little critters coming around now. And a black cat who curled up on my bench cushion like she belonged there. "She's not getting fed," says I. So I put out a can of tuna for her. "She's not getting coddled," says I. So I put out a box with one of my sweatshirts in it for her. "She's not coming in the trailer," says I. So she was in the trailer yesterday. And to top it all off, I don't think she's a stray. I think someone owns her. But it's nice to sit outside and pet a cat for half an hour every day. I also tossed a few rocks at the deer to move them along out of my yard, only to watch them go for the rocks like a dog goes for a bone. Seems one of the neighbors is throwing apples out for the deer. So guess who got apples for the deer? They know the word "apple" now, as in "Do you want an apple?" Heads and ears go up like they're on strings. Now if they would only learn "No more" and "Go away!" Hope everyone here is doing well. I'll wander back if anything else happens.
  12. Holly, you take care. We're none of us a bunch of spring chickens anymore. We can't afford to be breaking bones.
  13. Well, now that was a big duh. I guess I should have been able to figure that out myself. My mother's right - some days I'm not smart enough to be let out without my keeper.
  14. I just went through and deleted all but one of my albums because those houses no longer exist. I had to get rid of them right before I moved in 2018 as per the management where I was living. But I did bash a New Orleans kit summer before last. I got it to the point where it was primed then I put it in storage. I'm not sure if I'm going to finish it or not but I'd like to finish it as a French house if I do. Anyway, there are pics on my phone and if I can figure out how to get those on to the computer, I'll make an album for that house. Lisa is coming to visit me tonight so maybe she can figure out how to get the pictures here. I may as well finish it. I already have the wallpaper for it and a circular staircase. So I guess when I get home and if it's nice out, I'll start to get it electrified. And dormers still need to be put on it.
  15. Thanks everyone! Holly! You did WHAT? Sounds worse than what I'm going through.
  16. OK, I'm not back, but I can be here for a couple of weeks. I broke my ankle almost three weeks ago and I'm now in a nursing facility because - surprise, surprise - I can't even get up the steps into my trailer and I sure can't do laundry or even get to my bathroom. Anyway, they have wifi here and so I decided (as long as I wasn't paying $500 to fix my sewage tank this month) to order a Chromebook and go to town. So here I is! Now, off to explore the site!
  17. Anyone in the LA area? This is an old Walmer house. It opens from the front and is made to go against a wall. The rooms are huge. https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/for/d/placentia-wooden-dollhouse/7424537488.html
  18. Thanks, but I'm really not back. Just dropped in to say hi and catch people up. But I'm always happy to see you, Holly! I'm planning on having a garden, but I may have to put up a 7 foot fence. I have heard that deer don't like to step on metal and I sort of proved that year before last when I grew corn. I put a 3ft plastic fence around the stalks which the deer should have been able to easily lean over, but I also put some folded up metal chicken wire pieces I had all around the corn as well. The deer never came near it. So I thought I'd try that again next year.
  19. OK, so I think I lied. I'm not sure that staircase is Bespaq. The steps look awful narrow. I'll find out because I bought it. If it is Bespaq, woo me, because I got a great staircase for a low price. If it isn't, still woo me, because I think I'm going to put a Simplicity together and fancy it up as much as possible. The staircase looks fancy and if it does have a narrow step width, then it just takes up less room, which I like.
  20. Then there's this dollhouse: https://www.ebay.com/itm/401975975739?hash=item5d97a29f3b:g:BLEAAOSwaZddya50
  21. Y'all guys need to be looking at staircases. This one says it's a Classic, but it's a Lawbre: https://www.ebay.com/itm/234295205371?hash=item368d151dfb:g:ZQ0AAOSw2gRhac0Z This one is a metal AMSI staircase. This is what it was selling for in the 80s: https://www.ebay.com/itm/133921600902?hash=item1f2e597586:g:tokAAOSwKs5hgGXC If you like this type of handrail, the price can't be beat - I think it's Bespaq: https://www.ebay.com/itm/393652552808?hash=item5ba7854468:g:DA4AAOSwX3Vheal9
  22. Kathie, the wildlife is great until it comes into your house. When I got home the other day after posting here, Reddy had gotten into my trailer. The space that I'm using as a pantry is where I also put things like kleenex, toilet paper, and paper towels. Well, guess who found a way to crawl into the cupboard from underneath? I came home and there was a trail of shredded paper towels from the inside shelf all the way outside to the other side of the trailer. When I used to sit outside before it got so cold, I'd keep a box of kleenex on the table and overnight Reddy would empty the box. Looks like he's upgraded. But he has to stay out of the trailer. I gotta figure out what to do about that. Usain Bolt is no longer among us, but there are 4 other little chipmunks. They look like little vacuum cleaners as they search the ground with their tails up in the air, so I call them Kirby, Dyson, Hoover, and Eureka. And the buck is back. He's not afraid of anything and he eats every green thing that isn't covered in netting. I keep telling someone to shoot him and I'd vouch that it was self defense because he was charging the shooter. So far no one's taken me up on this offer. lol Well, I guess he's still part of my family up here. Him I don't chase, though. I might be dumb, but I ain't stupid. He's got 4 points on his antlers this year and probably outweighs me and that's saying something. Did I tell you guys that we had a cougar up here? The guy who fixed the top of my trailer got a picture of it in the middle of the road in broad daylight. Right around the corner from my old lot. I make sure I'm in by dark now. I sure miss you guys, too. I'm looking to get a phone line put in if I can. Maybe if I do that, I can get DSL. Better than nothing.
  23. As long as I dropped in, I may as well let everyone know what's going on. I still don't have a computer and probably won't for a long time yet. The only way to get a computer connection up here is to use a satellite company and the cheapest one charges $400 up front, the cheapest plan is $100 a month and then they have data caps. $100 a month will get me 20GB a month. Not very much. So being online has been shelved for right now. My stove is still not fixed. The guy who came out couldn't find the gas leak, so on Dec 9, he's coming out to run a dedicated line from the propane tanks to the stove and oven. That will run me about $600. Meantime, my stuff is still in storage, although I'm taking the totes out little at a time and putting them in the shed. I still don't have a shed for my washer and dryer and a couple days ago, I opened the washer to find about 2 ft of water in it. This with a tarp on it! We've had 12" of rain in my area since the beginning of November. After no rain all summer. I do have a great little computer desk though and an adjustable, comfortable chair for it. Now I just need to finish off the front area and move the bed (yes, I have a bed now!) and I will be able to move that poor computer desk inside. So far it's been safe under the awning, but you wouldn't believe the wind we've had here. The awning lifts up about 3 feet and SLAMS down again. This morning I noticed the awning was tearing off on the sides. The contractor told me the company that was supposed to put a cover over the trailer went out of business so he had to start all over again. Now it's going to be 3 more months before a cover is put on. Just in time for spring. Meantime, he had someone come and patch some of the cracks on the roof and I'm just holding my breath hoping the repairs will last. I also still don't have hot water, but I do have indoor running water and a TOILET now! Of course, it's going to get below freezing tonight and tomorrow night so I will have to turn the water off and disconnect the hose at night. And my heater that I've used for the last 20 years is no longer working. I bought a new, smaller one, but I really need something larger. Always something. Reddy Kilowatt is as bratty as ever. He will sit on my lap and run across my body to jump on the outside table to get his peanuts. I also have towhees that just love the peanuts, so I was calling out "Peanut" and throwing them peanuts. They learned that real fast. Now if I'm not quick enough, they come sit and squawk in front of me. However, I now have jays, who have also learned the word "peanut" and chase the towhees away. There is Crazy Jay, Screamin' Jay, Baby Jay, and Jay Z. The mountain quail also come out and peck seed. They're supposed to be shy and very hard to see and supposedly, birders come up to Washington just to knock them off their list. And I see them several times a day. And today I saw a flicker! The bobcat walked across the yard again, this time stalking about 10 feet from me and out my driveway. And did I tell you about the cougar that was around here? The guy who worked on my trailer got a picture of it on his phone. It was around the corner by my old lot in the middle of the day. I limit my outdoor time when it gets dark now. Not much else is going on. I have to log out of the computer now (i'm at the library), so you guys all take care and I'll get computer access as soon as I can. Miss you all!
  24. Did you guys miss this one by the same seller as above? https://sacramento.craigslist.org/for/d/lodi-dollhouse-shell-ready-to-finish/7408052866.html This is a Lawbre Glen Cove Villa. I'm not sure if it comes with the dormers on the tower or the staircase but for the price, it's a steal!
  25. When my check comes in on the 3rd, I'm going to look for a computer desk and then call Dish. I already have my computer out of storage. HUZZAH!