4 Followers

About rodentraiser

Contact Methods

• ICQ 0
  • Yahoo rodentraiser@yahoo.com

Profile Information

• Gender Female
  • Location Bremerton, WA
  • Interests I like numbers and astronomy, miniatures and dollhouses, dog training, languages, music, gardening, ghost hunting, model horses, equestrian show jumping, raccoons, rats, and mice. And someday I would like to raise parakeets and guinea pigs.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience Five or more
  • Dollhouse Preference The Traditional Greenleaf
  • Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Kelly
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

7750 profile views
  1. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Just tootlin' around, I found these. A little pricey, but hey, it's only money: https://www.ebay.com/itm/B7-Dollhouse-Kitchen-Set-Shop-Estate-Sale-5-Piece-Bespaq/332928030489?hash=item4d840e9719:g:je4AAOSwsqdb-wyz:rk:73:pf:0 There's a few upper cabinets to this set floating around eBay somewhere, too.   https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dollhouse-1-12-Scale-Gothic-Castle-Gatehouse-Estate-Anglesey-England/332925756135?hash=item4d83ebe2e7:g:AysAAOSwg5FcBwK8:rk:83:pf:0    Has this been put up before? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dollhouse-Hacienda-1-12-scale-OOAK-artisan-Furnished/332628229501?hash=item4d722ffd7d:g:8GsAAOSw5dlaFHe1   Table set, anyone? https://www.ebay.com/itm/B7-Inch-scale-Old-Store-Stock-Estate-Round-Mahogany-Table-4-chairs/332928015507?hash=item4d840e5c93:g:kREAAOSwJ7Rb-xzV:rk:70:pf:0
  2. What are you up to today? This week?

My brother was in the Navy - that's why he's living in San Diego now. I went to visit him about 25 years ago and if I'm not mistaken, he doesn't live too far from the miniature shop. I was lucky enough to go see it when I was there. Anybody remember the Dollhouses to Dreamhouses Spanish house made out of two Coventry cottages? Someone made one and it was in the shop when I was there.
  3. 4878CF2A-B232-44A2-9CBC-5813F77FD860.jpeg

I want so much to visit that in real life. *sigh* *drool* *sigh*
  4. What is it?

I wish I could help, but that is definitely either a child's dollhouse or a UK dollhouse and my knowledge of dollhouses in those areas is abysmal. Isn't there a way to do a photo search on Google?
  5. What are you up to today? This week?

I am sitting here listening to the wind blow. WOW! Our power just went out for about 10 seconds a couple minutes ago and in this town, that's very unusual. So I've got the candles and matches sitting out as a just-in-case. Looks like we're in for some kind of storm.
  6. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Speaking of which, I found this on eBay and I was tempted to get it. It's handmade, signed on the bottom and as far as I'm concerned, it's really a work of art. I've seen stuff like this list for over $100, so I think this is a really good deal. I just don't need it or want it (more than I want the horses), so I'm posting it here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Dollhouse-Miniatures-1-12-Scale-Dry-Sink-Kitchen-Cupboard-Pie-Safe-066/264072606896?hash=item3d7bf434b0:g:KfIAAOSwj5BcBn7D
  7. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

With Craig's List, things are much more fluid. People post a price and once you contact the seller, you can always ask them if they'll accept a lower price, although sometimes in the ad it will state the price is firm. EBay started as an auction only site. People would list their items with a starting bid and go from there. Nowdays eBay has starting bids, a Buy It Now feature, or a Make an Offer feature, sometimes two together and sometimes all three together. The horse I was referring to is a Buy It Now, but there is a Make an Offer feature added as well. I was going to offer $200 and see if the buyer accepted. What scares me is I'm still considering buying this horse and one other. The other one is an auction only listing. It has 4 days to go, the price is at $57, and there have been five bids already. Guess what the odds of it staying under $100 are? Ah, well, I'm not the only one out there with an eye for quality when it comes to model horses. I just happen to be the one who can't afford her expensive hobbies. Repeat after me, you guys: "Kelly, you don't need to buy any model horses!" All those millionaires that buy jets and yachts - don't you feel sorry for them? They're so missing out. They could have nice dollhouses and model horses instead and they waste their money on other stuff.
  8. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Why are the Hofco houses so expensive? All the ones I've seen are at least $400+, even on places like Offerup. I don't get it. I mean, they're nice houses, but not $500 and $600 nice, especially if they haven't even been put together. They're almost as bad as the Bobbi kits being offered for $75+ (IMO, for resale, that's a $20 kit).
  9. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

I'm surprised they don't have any international shipping rates. That sort of sucks. At Christmastime, I buy stuff from Spain and Italy, and I know I've bought porcelain collies from Germany, Ireland, and the UK. I never had a problem with knowing what the shipping would be and it never seemed very excessive. On the other hand, I've seen a lot of kits at good prices I won't buy because the shipping across the US is out of this world. Probably just as well. But we need to gird our loins up. US shipping is going up in 2019.
  10. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

The Walmer French dollhouse.
  11. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

From the number on the bottom of the picture, I think that's an Itsy Bitsy paper. I wonder if you went to their website and ordered it if it would cost as much in shipping.
  12. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Well, I still haven't heard anything. So either the seller is away or they sold the house to someone else. I guess I'll survive. *sobs*
  13. Rumbled!

Hugs Mike and I'm so happy to see you!
  14. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

I was also thinking that the seller had put "Sold" on the picture when the first buyer said she'd pick it up so people would quit contacting her about the house. I still haven't heard from her yet. And in other unrelated news, I found out there's a See's candy shop that's open seasonally (that means now) in the mall near me. Yes, that has nothing to do with dollhouse news, but I thought I'd let you all know in advance how fat(ter) I'm going to get over this holiday. I haven't eaten a See's truffle in almost 20 years. I still don't know how I'd get that dollhouse home or where I'd put it. I better bring a hammer with so I can break it apart so it can fit in the back of my car. It will come home with me, one way or the other. *a vision of a small car with a 4 ft wide, 4 ft high dollhouse lashed on top flits into mind* I also realized it's only 3 weeks till Christmas. Maybe I should change my Christmas avatar.
  15. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

I had to ask, didn't I? And in other unhappy news, that Walmer French dollhouse that was on Offerup? I got a message from the owner and she said the people who wanted it didn't pick it up. Was I still interested? Yes, I was! So I promptly sent a message back a couple of minutes ago. As soon as I did that, the picture showed the item was sold. Well, this nice lady sent me the message yesterday and the one time I didn't check my email...so someone else has probably gotten it. It's been one of those days.