4 Followers

About rodentraiser

Contact Methods

• ICQ 0
  • Yahoo rodentraiser@yahoo.com

Profile Information

• Gender Female
  • Location Bremerton, WA
  • Interests I like numbers and astronomy, miniatures and dollhouses, dog training, languages, music, gardening, ghost hunting, model horses, equestrian show jumping, raccoons, rats, and mice. And someday I would like to raise parakeets and guinea pigs.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience Five or more
  • Dollhouse Preference The Traditional Greenleaf
  • Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Kelly
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

7905 profile views
  1. What are you up to today? This week?

Well, I tried to get up to my lot yesterday and didn't even make it to the top of the road. The roads are mostly clear. North Shore Rd, which goes the length of the Tahuya peninsula, has the Hood Canal on one side and the high hill on the other. The storms we had brought down a lot of trees on the hill side and when the plows came through, they just went around them, making North Shore a one lane road in many places. However, Canyon Rd, which cuts up through the hill to the top where my lot is, isn't clear at all. They've plowed it once, but that just made it one lane wide. Yesterday, the bottom was partly slush and towards the top it was total deep slush. I had to back down twice because I met trucks coming down (I should have know what conditions were when I saw they had chains on), but I tried again. I got up to almost the second to the last switchback and couldn't get any further. So I backed down yet again about a half mile of a twisty road. I can say at least two things about this: 1) I learned I can back my car down from just about anywhere now (never thought I could do that on that road). 2) I'll be buying chains and cables in the near future. As for driving in snow...well, after attempting to go up that hill and then come back down it, I'm not afraid to drive in snow anymore. Our lot where I live was still full of snow (we got 9" in the lot) and I was slewing around trying to get out and was a little nervous about it. Coming back, I was just, yeah, big deal, and slewed my way back across the parking lot to park my car and didn't turn a hair. I'd love to try going back up to my lot with cables and measure the snow up there, but given that everything froze overnight plus more snow on the way possibly tonight or tomorrow and the fact that if I live there a number of years I'll get to experience at least one more storm like this, I think I'll pass for a while. I also don't think the water is going to get put in before April. LOL
  2. So how is the weather where you're at ?

Oh, I love the snow. It's snowing again now and we're supposed to get another couple of inches from this one. Then Monday/Tuesday is supposed to be the Big Kahuna. Models are looking a little shaky right now, but we could get rain, sleet, snow, or the REAL Snowmaggedon. Take your pick.  
  3. So how is the weather where you're at ?

WOOHOOHOO! We got us some SNOW! Lisa got 12 1/2 inches at her house. I think here in the city we got between 4 and 5 inches and most of the area around here got 7 to 8 inches. We have another storm coming in Monday/Tuesday that will bring us maybe another 12" and there is a possibility of another snowfall on Thursday. On Wednesday I had hoped to get up to my lot to see how much snow had fallen there. I don't think that's going to happen. But I did all my grocery shopping for the month last Wednesday and got the few items I forgot on Friday and was home well before the snow started falling. So I'm good until March. And it may well be March before I can shop again! Travel tomorrow may be worse than it was today even if it's clear out.. We had sun and slush on the roads and now all that is freezing over. With more snow, that means snow over ice and combine that with people with cabin fever and a desire to play in the snow and who have 4WD SUVs and think they can drive anywhere - well, it gets gnarly. How is everyone else in the PNW dealing with the snow?    
  4. What is it?

No, I don't know anything about Battat and English dollhouses. I'm sorry everybody.
  5. I’m a little lost ... (Rosedale question)

You could bash the kit and add a different bay window say, from Houseworks or Timberbrook in place of the Rosedale one.
  6. More eye candy

You're welcome!
  7. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

You're welcome! I was considering getting it, but I really don't think I like it enough. Between that one and the Garfield, I like the Garfield more.
  8. What are you up to today? This week?

Jeannine {{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}   Heigh ho, I was on Reddit for 3 whole weeks and got banned on a subreddit. So much for being in a place where I was "supported and could speak my mind". LOL I was spending way too much time there reading the posts, though, so I deactivated my account. I need to do something mini!
  9. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

For anyone who works in half scale, this could be sprayed with black paint and make a neat patio set: https://www.etsy.com/listing/492394535/dollhouse-miniature-12-scale-yellow?ref=shop_home_active_11
  10. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

That's an old Arrow house. There's one here for sale in this area on Craig's List. Arrow also made a house a lot of people mistake for the Harrison. https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/clt/d/auburn-wooden-victorian-dollhouse/6794412584.html
  11. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Good buy if you're in Illinois.   https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dollhouse/163493510123?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20160323102634%26meid%3Dccd2ee800c4b4f0bab0d3e6458c00780%26pid%3D100623%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D333026578013%26itm%3D163493510123&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1
  12. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

They enclosed the back, too. Given the quality of the light fixtures and other things, I think that's probably a house worth the price.
  13. More eye candy

Thank you, guys! I kept going over and over the house, trying to see whether or not it was bashed. I love the tower roof.
  14. More eye candy

Am I crazy or is this a bash of the Beacon Hill? If it is, it's a fantastic bash! http://thekinfelddollhouse.blogspot.com/2017/10/the-kinfeld-dollhouse-to-date.html And that brings up a question: why is the small room on the first floor always the kitchen? Why not add the bay window on the front and make it a small living room (or a larger one if you want to push it into the dining area), saving the larger room for a larger kitchen and dining room so the house can have a proper entry?   Saw this today and thought it looked interesting: https://www.castlefarms.com/uncategorized/castle-dollhouse/   https://www.facebook.com/events/849984251836161   I just wish I could see the insides. By the way, don't we have a thread for dollhouse eye candy already? If we do, I couldn't find it, so apologies for starting a new thread if there's already one around.
  15. Dollhouse You Tube Videos

Has this one been posted yet? I love this house. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeRH_i_7WoA