Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Karen
  • Country
    United States
  1. Hi All, I've never used any of these and haven't even touched my minis in years, other than petitpoint, and we need to downsize. So, I've started going through and selling some things. Ebay under circpand. One of the items listed is Bespaq piano. I just guessed on several of the prices as I couldn't find how much I had paid for some of them so please PM if I'm really out of line on anything.
  2. Most ISP and hosting services have something in their terms of service about not using pictures you don't have permission to use and doing so could get your account closed so I'd make a complaint to one or both of them.
  3. There's a good chance the young woman was going to take the older lady into the store, get her to buy the item, then take the item back to the car when "going to get the money" and never come back. Where I live in the burbs of a large metropolitan area, there are always stories of the elderly being taken advantage of. They run warnings in the newspapers and on TV and then the scammers come up with a new angle or go back to one that's really old. As the others have said, you shouldn't feel embarrassed or that you did the wrong thing, too many people just don't care about others anymore. Karen
  4. Jacobean style fabric? If that's right, I have no idea where I pulled that one from out of the mind. Jacobean fabric collection
  5. Congratulations, beautiful chateau. Going to put some tapestries in it? Karen
  6. Thanks again all. Getting closer and closer, I've been trying to make sure I work on it a little every day, although I've missed a day or 2. Beverly, are we inspired??? Cluny tapestries They are black and white charts and you can choose a .pdf or a PCS viewer file. Charts are pretty reasonable I think. Karen
  7. Another update, closer and closer. Then I'll have to make sure I get motivated to build it a home. LOL
  8. A lot of times people can ask the police not to place their names in complaint reports so they remain anonymous to avoid retaliation. I'd ask the police if they allow that where you are. We have the fireworks problem too, Labor Day, 4th of July, New Years, etc. I've called police on occasion when they've been setting them off over the lake (house backs up to a lake) and they come a little too close to our yard and trees or when they are setting them off in the street a little too close for comfort to my car. Do it by your own car for goodness sake, not mine... At least we haven't had any more problems with beebee guns. A few years ago, a guy across the lake gave his grandson a beebee gun for Christmas. Guess where they were shooting. Yep, across the lake toward my house. Guess a beebee gun has a pretty good range. Nobody got hit but we heard them hitting our fence and found the pellets. Cops got called that day too as you aren't supposed to be firing off guns in a municipal area.
  9. Thanks ladies and it was a big owie. I'm glad too we found the cat's people, not only to spare me the rabies shots but so the cat didn't have to be put down as we knew it was relatively young, turned out to be just over a year old.
  10. I have some, they are about 3-4 inches high, resin stone-look, dark gray, very detailed. They came in sets of 3 or 4 different ones and I had to buy several sets to get enough of 1 pose to top fencing I was making to block off access to a halloween display made just to look at from visitors. Let me know if you are interested and I'll find them and take pics. Karen
  11. Update on my Cluny, I didn't get a whole lot done since April. I wasn't able to work on it for several weeks because a stray cat decided to come into our home when I had the sliding door open going in and out, ran upstairs, got under 1 of the beds and in trying to get it out, I got bit. Nearly took off a good chunk of my thumb tip and back. So, got to do the ER thing, tetanus, 2 heavy duty antibiotics, pain meds, etc. I was spared rabies shots though because it turns out the cat belonged to a neighbor down the street with the same type house as ours and the cat had been missing for nearly a month and for some reason apparently thought our house was its home. Fortunately, the flesh reattached itself, the pain is basically gone unless I accidentally smack it just the right way, and the sensation is almost back to normal now though I still have a hard welt of scar tissue on the tip but even that is slowly getting better.
  12. Valerie, glad to be of inspiration. As to selling, petit point is very time consuming, even at minimum wage, it would be a huge amount for labor, not sure anyone would want to lay out that much money except for maybe the very wealthy. I'd like to make some money stitching, since it's something I enjoy doing, but just not sure if there would be enough of a market. Holly, what count is the Chinese elephant? Starfire, I found a place that has most, if not all, of the Cluny's charted. They are all actually for bigger counts but, of course, can be used for any size since they are just charts. I can find the name again if you want. They were pretty detailed, I think the one I ordered has around 65 colors in it. Thanks again to all. Karen
  13. Thanks ladies, I'm getting close enough to the end now where it will be an obsession to finish. The last piece I finished, once I got close, I'd wait for DH to go to bed then would turn on all the lights and sit for hours and stitch until the brain and eyes would scream ENOUGH! Karen
  14. Well at least I'm finally making some good progress on it. Karen