About Gaby

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Gabriela
  • Country
    Canada
  1. After doing some researching I think that foamcore is the way to go with this. My only concern is the durability over time but im assuming it will be okay because it isn't a support to the house and nothing would be laying on it. Thank you so much for your suggestions Im excited that I know how to go about this! Im sure ill have more questions later on though :lol:
  2. I purchased this finished Princess Anne house yesterday, but I want to add an extra wall on the middle floor like this: Ive never made a dollhouse or every modified anything, do you guys think this would be okay to do after the house is already finished? I really want this extra wall but have no idea how I would glue this (or what to use) or if it would work. Suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
  3. YAY so I went to my hobby shop and picked up my beacon hill. Obviously the edges needs to be sanded, but does the main surface of the wood have to be sanded as well?
  4. What glue seems to work best for everyone?
  5. Cardstock! I would have never thought of that for the wallpaper, but that makes it so much easier. Im actually excited about putting up the wallpaper now, whereas id been dreading it before, so thank you!
  6. So here's my question today! Im getting my kit on friday and I want to go shopping tomorrow to buy all of my supplies. With the primer, does it go everywhere on the house? Is it safe to put the wallpaper over the primer? And how many coats would I need? I want to thank everyone here for being so helpful! It definitely helps with the nerves as this is my first proper dollhouse that ill be making and I want to make sure im doing it properly.
  7. Thank you for all of the information! The pictures are a great help, I fell better about putting that on now
  8. I going back in forth between a few houses but I think ive settled on the pierce. I noticed that its flat at the front though. How do you get the layering affect (the lines going accross the front of the house)? Sorry I have no idea what its called. Ive included a picture to explain.
  9. Im going to be asking you experts a lot of quesions, so be prepared ! Im most likely going to purchase the Beacon Hill dollhouse, and i cant find any info about the doors. Does it come with doors? if so, do they have to be cut open or is it pre-cut? Im assuming that i would have to purchase hinges and door knobs elsewhere? If the doors are just flat, i would probably have to go and purchase custom doors from ebay.
  10. Im kinda of lost right now, im doing my prep before starting my dollhouse but im not sure which one to purchase. Ive made dollhouses before, but ive never purchased furniture (made them for other people). Im most likely going to purchase The Beacon Hill but I just want to make sure that it would work with miniature furniture that is 1:12 in scale
  11. Hello! Im working on my second dollhouse right now, and Id like to be more prepared and detailed this time around. I would rather have the house put together before painting/adding wallpaper, and adding ceiling fixtures, but Im wondering if that is the wrong choice. Is it a lot harder to add the details if the house is put together first?