• Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Erin
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

8268 profile views
  1. Teeny Nativity set!

very cute- your friend made a good find
  2. new geisha

Yes, I did! I just used the hot glue method because I'd never made it before, but I think next time I will try using resin so it looks less cloudy
  3. new llama

I love reading that book to my son, too. Last summer a friend showed me a funny clip of the rapper Ludacris, rapping the words to this book:      
  4. new llama

I think you might be right- i looked at some photos and it does look more like an alpaca. I got it at a Yankee swap party this past weekend
  5. new geisha

From the album Geisha's Home

a new friend 
  6. new llama

From the album Miscellaneous

a new friend for my little gypsy
  7. What's everyone working on?

You were right, Holly. Now that I am moving along, it's not awful. Working on the exterior will never be my favorite part, but at least I am learning a new technique, so I can make my dh's look as nice as possible.
  8. new siding

From the album Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice!

Putting some new siding on using the tut from Amber Celeste
  9. new cello

From the album The Professor's Humble Abode

I think this was a Christmas ornament. I found it in a thrift store and decided the Professor would like it; he always struck me as a musically inclined fellow.
  10. a little landscaping

the bike was on clearance at hobby lobby- I had been eyeing it for a long time, and one day it had a glorious yellow sticker on it!
  11. Weathered Cardboard Siding

I am trying this method right now on my Beetlejuice house, but I am just painting the siding white, not crackling it.   I'll have to try that on a future project.
  12. What's everyone working on?

I am currently working on the exterior of my Beetlejuice house. I scored this house for ONE DOLLAR a couple years ago at a thrift shop!  I've worked on the inside alot because that part is always more fun for me. But I realized that if I ever want to display it anywhere, the exterior needs alot of work. So I am using the tut by our own member Amber Celeste on cardboard strip siding. Her house looks awesome! I've only done a small portion so far, and I think it looks okay but it is tedious with a capital T. At this rate, it's going to take me forever to side the entire house. :(
  13. sidewalk

Thanks! I think recycling and repurposing materials is the only way I can keep this hobby up- otherwise I'd be totally broke. 
  14. sidewalk

From the album Geisha's Home

made using egg crate pieces (painted and sealed w/ mod podge) and coffee grounds for the dirt
  15. Good Blogs

I do have my own blog, but it's not dollhouse-centric. I work in a school library, so my blog covers books, authors, literature.  .  .but also movies, crafts, and my literary-themed dollhouses. If anyone is interested, here it is: http://thetiedyedlibrarian.blogspot.com/