shamrockgirl18

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by shamrockgirl18

1. I've been looking around for those exactly! Haven't found any yet though. . .
  2. Thanks for the tip! One of the windows is still in tact, so at least I'll have something to model them by. The extension interior had some kind of contact paper covering all the original graphics. It was old and peeling, so I was able to remove much of it, but it unfortunately took away the top layer of the cardboard walls, including the original graphics. I'm not sure how I am going to restore that, but I'd like to make it match the rest of the interior.
  3. shamrockgirl18

Tink's Clock Apartment

I've always wanted to do a Peter Pan inspired dollhouse/scene, but I guess I needed the right vessel. I found this clock on the side of the road, and as soon as I realized the back panel comes off very easily, I knew the inside would be perfect to do my own version of Tinkerbell's Clock apartment from the movie Hook
  4. I looked at your photo album- your house looks great! I am going to keep my mine vintage because I was gifted some antique (Strombecker?) furniture, and it looks really nice together. But it is going to need some work. Do you have any tips for restoring it?
  5. It appears to be a Keystone! I found the blog of a Keystone collector and she has one like mine.
  6. This is what her house looks like from the outside. It appears to be just the top of an old grandfather clock.
  7. Yesterday I went onto Facebook Marketplace (which I rarely do). I decided to do a bit of 'window shopping/browsing' to see if anyone was selling used dollhouses - just to get some inspiration, I swear! And someone had listed a FREE dollhouse! I couldn't believe someone was giving one away, so I messaged her immediately. She was very glad that someone was interested, and said she was about to donate it to Goodwill. I made arrangements with my husband to pick it up. It's an old wood/cardboard one. It needs some repairs, but overall it's not too bad. Originally when I read the description of it being in rough shape, I figured "I'll just make it into a haunted/abandoned house" but then I saw all the graphics on it, and it's just too charming.
  8. I've done a little work on it- here's a pic of her 'bed' with a stopwatch hanging down near it
  9. That's okay- I am looking forward to seeing it.
  10. I found one on Ebay that might work: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Poseable-Handmade-Cannabis-Elf-Fairy-Collectible-Doll-Ornament/303673864802?hash=item46b45f7262:g:4Z0AAOSwl9dd2Hga I would replace her outfit, but her face and hairstyle resemble Julia Roberts' portrayal of Tinkerbell, and the price is reasonable
  11. I know! I thought maybe I could find an action figure from when the movie was released, but it looks like they never made one. I've looked at a few fairy dolls on Ebay to see if I could find one that resembles her, but so far I haven't had much luck. I am looking on Etsy, too now.
  12. I did, but the only things I could really see through her tiny door way were: a shell filled with feathers (her bed), her vanity (looks like a piece of a wood, with the top of tin can for a mirror), an old key, Peter Banning/Pan's driver license, his credit card and a box of certs. Since my clock has more space to fill, I am trying to think of what else I can put in there. I have an old wooden spool with thread on it, and I am trying to track down an old looking thimble (in the book, the 'thimble' is called a kiss).
  13. I watched that scene in the movie recently, but her little house doesn't get much screen time. I would love any photos you could share with me!
  14. I will try to post one, soon. It's tricky to get too close, because all the light reflects off the glass. Maybe once I start filling the space a little, it will be easier to photograph.
  15. shamrockgirl18

Ariel's Grotto

The Little Mermaid has always been one of my favorite fairy tales and movies, and i finally decided that I needed to create my own Ariel doll house (more like habitat).
  16. Found this clock on the side of the road- I think it would be perfect to make Tink's little apartment from the movie Hook. The back panel opens up (rather than the face of the clock, like in the movie) but I think it would be a fun project. Love to hear your ideas how I can recreate that fun little space, in this clock that has a very tall, but narrow, compartment behind the glass.