shamrockgirl18

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by shamrockgirl18

1. The other day I had to go pick up a prescription at Rite Aid, so I decided to peruse the Halloween aisle. I saw these Disney Villain mini windsocks for 50% off, and there was one Ursula left! She only cost me $5! She's a decent size, and I think if I stuff the inside t make her look voluptuous, she will look great next to my Ariel Grotto. My 5 year old son said she looks too big for a dollhouse, but Ursula gets super big at the end of the movie anyways, so it doesn't bother me too much. It was a perfect find for a great price- don't you just live for those moments?! Here she is:
  2. Found this Ursula mini windsock on sale at Rite Aid (of all places) - she's a little big, but she will look great posed near Ariel's Grotto!
  3. Most of mine are pretty quirky. I base a lot of my creations on my favorite books/stories/movies, so they are already not 'real' to most people, just to me.
  4. to scope out the new ornaments. In the miniature ornaments section, I found a tiny flamingo floatie with a tropical drink inside. I had to buy it for my Lio and Stitch Surf Shack!
  5. Hi everyone! My son and I are currently making a diorama of The Goonies. It's a cave, and I plan to make some water in it. I bought a large tupperware container from Dollar Tree, and I painted the bottom of it it, and I plan to make the water to fill it. I have used the floral water stuff before (from Walmart and Hobby Lobby). I like that it's affordable and easy, but it seems to collect dust and gunk easily. I am thinking of switching over to epoxy resin to make the water for this scene, because it seems easier to keep clean. Do you have any recommendations for products? Based on price, and easiness to use? OR, do you know how I can can clean the floral water stuff easier? I've done a couple small ponds (like for my Secret Garden scene) but this is going to be the biggest one I've done so far, and I'd like it to look nice.
  6. I do have an excess of cardboard, which is why I keep making more and more houses (I also made a little vintage camper one day, just for a new challenge) I might be able to give this a whirl
  7. I dont really have any cloth right now, but Im going to keep that in mind for the future
  8. I've been very inspired lately, particularly by the art of twistedcopperforest on Instagram. I made this out of cardboard, covered it with gesso, then spackle, then paint, and am now attaching branches. I am trying to make it look like an old cottage abandoned in the woods, possibly a witch's house. The spackle made the house kind of heavy, so I don't want to do it on the inside. What would you suggest I do on the inside to make it look like an old cottage? I am trying to use materials I already have around the house, rather than buying more stuff (also, I am too impatient to wait a week or more for delivery right now). Please leave me some inspiration or suggestions.
  9. shamrockgirl18

Captain January's Lighthouse

an RGT lighthouse kit- re-named Captain January's Lighthouse as per the Shirley Temple movie "Captain January"- one of my fav movies when I was little
  10. shamrockgirl18

blue walls

From the album: Captain January's Lighthouse

make Star's bedroom look brighter
  11. shamrockgirl18

tan paint

From the album: Captain January's Lighthouse

makes the room warmer
  12. From the album: Captain January's Lighthouse

new paint jobs on floors 2 and 3
  13. From the album: Captain January's Lighthouse

new paint jobs on floors 2 and 3