shamrockgirl18

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by shamrockgirl18

1. From the album: Harry Potter House

with all his creatures and beasts
  2. Even though that story is sad and disturbing. . .it became one of my favorites when I read it. I saw the movie the day it came out in theaters. And whenever I watch it, I look at the dollhouses in it.
  3. Check out this article on the fun (miniature!) additions that come with a pie from Boston Pizza! https://www.awesomeinventions.com/tiny-pizza-table-and-chairs/?fbclid=IwAR0HDKn_IRY7jjh6iY8D5pgt3z5t-vI07OI7GnQSRNfmnkzcUoQDXuAZzGs
  4. shamrockgirl18

fan

From the album: Geisha's Home

was a pin from a thrift store
  5. shamrockgirl18

fan

From the album: Geisha's Home

was a pin from a thrift store
  6. From the album: Stitch's Surf Shack

I found at Dollar Tree
  7. I've been working on Orchard House a little at a time- I would love to find a doll to put in there and inspire me more. I've been looking around online alot but I cannot seem to find one that makes me think "Oh, that's Jo!" or "She'd be a perfect Marmee!" etc. Can any of you literature-loving dollhouse gurus point me towards some dolls that make you think of Little Women?
  8. shamrockgirl18

Hagrid

From the album: Harry Potter House

was very happy to be greeted by Fluffy
  9. From the album: Harry Potter House

There was a Ron Weasley figurine in the clearance aisle at Walmart the other day. I didn't especially want the figurine, but he came with this tiny box of Bertie Botts beans! It's perfect for my HP dollhouse. So I kept the bean box, and put the figurine in the prize box at my library (and a kid already snagged it!)
  10. From the album: Geisha's Home

an Ebay purchase
  11. I recently found a Fluffy (the 3 headed dog) figurine in a boutique in Albany, NY. I wasn't looking for mini's, but I found him, and he was only $8 so I bought him for my Harry Potter bookstore. . . Then the house started talking to me again. Before I knew it, I was purchasing a Hagrid doll on Ebay. Now, since I have Hagrid, Fluffy and a griffon (although it doesn't quite look like Buckbeak), the house is telling me that hagrid and his pets need a little area outside the shoppe, like a pumpkin patch with a firepit, where Hagrid can relax with some butterbeer and spend time with his pets. . . And last night I was watching Memoirs of a Geisha, and my little Japanese tea house started talking, saying it needs a proper roof (which I'm working on) but it also needed a new piece of furniture, so once again I cruised Ebay and found a beautiful black, lacquered chest of drawers with a mirror (so the geishas can check their outfits before they venture out for a night). . . I love when they speak to me, but it usually means I end up spending money!
  12. shamrockgirl18

Fluffy

From the album: Harry Potter House

figurine found at a boutique in Albany, NY- wasn't even looking for mini's, but happened across him, and he was only $8
  13. shamrockgirl18

Rosehill Cottage

this was the first kit that I ever did. Greenleaf's "Orchid" dollhouse became a cozy cottage for a grandmother to share with her 2 dogs and cat.
  14. shamrockgirl18

new bed

From the album: Rosehill Cottage

bought it at the big sale at Earth and Tree Miniatures in NH
  15. From the album: Large Handmade Dollhouse

rose wallpaper is a Tim Holtz product
  16. From the album: Large Handmade Dollhouse

painted over the faded wallpaper
  17. I'm having a hard time finding some good 1:24 scale furniture. It seems like everything I look at online is either expensive or super-chintzy, cheap looking. Recommendations for finding decent (price and quality) half scale stuff?
  18. From the album: Lucky 13

on the exterior
  19. shamrockgirl18

Miscellaneous

pictures that don't go anywhere else