• Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects Please Select
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Erin
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

10169 profile views
  1. purple lights

From the album Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice!

from Dollar Tree, just for fun
  2. Beetlejuice Living Dead doll box

From the album Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice!

an Ebay buy, b/c I can never resist putting a little meta-fiction in my dh's
  3. front door

Thanks so much! It's been a long process, but I do love the way it's coming along
  4. Tennyson door tip

Since I bought my Tennyson dollhouse at Goodwill for a buck, it was basically just a structure. It didn't have any of the building components like window frames or doors. I was able to make the windows by using upcycled clear plastic from containers (like take-out ones that I kept and washed) and some popsicle sticks.Finding doors the right size for the openings was a challenge because I didn't have the ones that were meant to be with the dollhouse kit, and the nice quality ones that are stocked at places like Hobby Lobby were not the right size. (I really don't have the tools or expertise to resize the opening in a kit that's already assembled and on it's way to being completed.) The upstairs door to the porch was attached to the exterior rather than sitting flush in the opening. It's not ideal, but it doesn't look awful.Trying to get a front door has been more difficult. The dollhouse is meant to have double doors, but I couldn't find any double doors the right size. I had some cardboard ones installed for a bit, but they looked terrible.Then yesterday, the Goddess of Free Stuff smiled on me again!I picked up a huge stash of Barbie stuff from the side of the road, including a nice Barbie house and a whole bag of dolls, accessories and other assorted plastic do-dads.In the bag, was this random pink and white plastic door;  apparently, it's supposed to be part of a fairy door kit: https://ttpm.com/p/18114/cra-z-art/opening-fairy-doors-luna/ It's the perfect height for the house! I just need to add some trim around the sides to hide the gap. There's a pic of it in my gallery: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=view&id=134882   So if there's anyone out there in need of a door for their Tennyson dollhouse, you can look into buying one of those fairy doors and just add a little trim on the sides (I used wide craft sticks cut to size)
  5. help w/ replacement door

Thank you! I did not realize such a saw would be so affordable. I would like to try this method.
  6. help w/ replacement door

I bought my Tennyson at a Goodwill a few years ago. It was a bargain (one dollar!) but it was missing alot of pieces, including the doors. Now that I am almost done with the siding, I bought a replacement door at Hobby Lobby. It's a good quality door and it looks nice.  But the door frame is bigger than the opening in the house! I don't really have the tools required to cut into the house to widen the opening. Has anyone else used these replacement doors in Greenleaf houses before? Looking for advice/suggestions on this issue.
  7. sg.jpg

8. interior

9. architectural window

From the album New and Improved Secret Garden

was a photo frame I found in a thrift store- I liked the idea that the garden would have the ruins of some old castle or manor
  10. architectural window

was a photo frame I found in a thrift store- I liked the idea that the garden would have the ruins of some old castle or manor
  11. "delight reigns in a garden"

I've had this little ornament in my stash for years- I incorporated it into the wall of the new and improved Secret Garden
  12. rebuilding my Secret Garden

Years ago, I decided to make The Secret Garden. I loved the way it turned out, and it was one of the more popular scenes when I exhibited my dollhouses; probably because so many people love the book. I used floral foam with drywall compound and real stones to make the walls of the garden. http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=view&id=89328&browse=1 It looked great! But it made the structure very heavy, and this past year, as we were shifting some things around in the garage (where it was being stored) it broke. I was really upset because I am always especially proud of the houses/scenes I make from scratch. I recently decided to rebuild it, and I am working on it now. I'd like to get some idea/recommendations for building the walls. The base I am using is styrofoam, and it was a small lip around the top, but I want the walls to be taller.  I am familiar with the egg crate method, but I do not have any egg crates right now, and I am anxious to get started. I do have 2 packages of paperclay- has anyone used paperclay to make wall, and pressed real stones or pebbles into it?Do you think the paperclay will attach to styrofoam/floral foam?
  13. favorite uses for paperclay?

I got 2 packages of white paperclay for free the other day. I see alot of people on here using it for various projects- what are your fav things to do with it? What do you suggest trying to someone who has not used it before?
  14. Today I was gifted a very large, handmade dollhouse. It needs some TLC, but it is well constructed, and is also wired (although I have not plugged it in yet to see if the wiring all works). It is meant to be a somewhat modern house, but most of my dollhouses are based on stories, favorite books, or even movies.  The house style kind of resembles Orchard House (from Little Women), and that would be wonderful, but also kind of a big undertaking.  .  .anyways, I thought you all might be interested in my good fortune, and maybe you have some advice for the repairs needed (the biggest one is a hole in the wall) or some suggestions or inspiration.  . . http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=8227