• Last visited

0 Neutral

About sweetpeas

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    http://hometown.aol.co.uk/debbibaindolls/index.html

Profile Information

• Interests
    Primitive dolls, quilts, dollhouses and miniatures. Walking, reading, theatre and dance.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Debbi
  • Country
    United Kingdom
  1. Ooh, toes and fingers!! Don't they get in the way! I have recently hooked my thumb in the handle of a fire door at work as I opened it to let a group of Managers from head office through, the door swung shut faster than I could move and crushed my thumb (I didn't make a sound, not with half of head office within earshot!!) It's still hurting, I have damaged the tendons and now it keeps partially dislocating, (it's really slowing up the building of my sf) I'll think twice before I open a door for anyone in future!!
  2. We now have fireworks here practically all year round (though it used to be just 5th November and New Year). There is an age restriction for buying them (over 18 only) and shops have to be licensed to sell them, but there is always a huge problem with kids getting hold of them and throwing them at other people/each other! If I had my way there would be a total ban on sales to the general public and it should be organised diplays only that have to be fully licensed!
  3. Ooh, going shopping tomorrow, think I need some of those scissors, what a great idea!!
  4. I'm working on the SF (the windows are driving me nuts!!), but I've still got other smaller projects on the go too! It would be another house or three if I had the work space!! It all seems pretty normal to me!
  5. I have a Honeychurch shop, which I love, but my favourite at the moment is my Willowcrest (that could change If I ever get this San Fransiscan completed!)
  6. It will be a few more weeks before we have any produce, we're only just starting to get warmer weather over here, but we're doing quite well for our first attempt, all the plants are thriving. So far we have tomatoes, cucumbers, courgettes, rhubarb, melons, strawberries, peppers, butternut squash, pumpkins, marrows, peas, leeks and carrots. Next year we're planning to add some fruit bushes and trees!
  7. Saxby All Saints, Lincolnshire. The old outbuildings where we kept our goat and chickens (and had a resident snowy owl in the roof!).
  8. My childhood home in Saxby All Saints, Lincolnshire.
  9. A photo of the main street in West Butterwick, Lincolnshire UK (taken about 1910)
  10. My Great Grandparents and G.G Grandmother outside their stone farmhouse in West Butterwick, Lincolnshire, UK (photo taken about 1905)
  11. :o I'm currently working in retail (I really don't like it, never have, but at least it's a job!). In the past I've been a nanny, worked in a knicker factory and a food factory, in a post office, trained as a theatre costume designer, did a year as a seamstress in a designer Wedding Dress shop, waitress and yet more retail. I still do some sewing and design dolls and quilts and the occasional costume (mostly ballroom dresses and theatrical stuff).
  12. I'm definitely introvert! I much prefer my own space...my son is turning out like me too, quite shy , but once he gets started there's no stopping him, though my daughter is a true extrovert - she hates being on her own, is a singer/dancer/actress and loves being the centre of attention, just like her father!!
  13. We have to feed ours seperately, our older shih tzu will barge the cat out of the way to steal his dinner and he also does that with the puppy (he lives to eat!!!).