• Real Name
    Meagan
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

489 profile views
  1. silvrsky

Day #7

Yeah, I thought about that. But I am not ready to invest in the paper yet. I have set goals for myself. This way I don't spend on things and never finish. LOL If I only spend on things that I am ready to do, then I hopefully will be more motivated to get to the next step. I am worried I will buy everything then never finish. LOL So far my plan is working. hahahahahah
  2. silvrsky

Day #7

Thanks, did that a couple of days ago!!! I think I am going to paper the triangles but not the sides of the gables. Just painting them were difficult. I need to purchase better brushes. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have a Hobby Lobby and Michaels I can go to for the brushes. ACE had a better 1 inch brush but that was the smallest I could find. What about those foam brushes? Does anyone suggest using those?
  3. Can't wait to see what you get done on your first day! I just stared the orchid last Monday! One week down and I feel I have gotten pretty far. When is your wedding? Curious to know how long you have to get the card holder done. LOL
  4. silvrsky

Victorianna

Looks like a good paint job on those stairs! That has to be difficult.
  5. silvrsky

Craftsman House

Love the mission style furniture. Very cool!
  6. How many houses have you made from scratch or/and redone havanaholly? You seem like such an expert. What is hub?
  7. silvrsky

Day #2

I am using this mouse trap looking thing called a "snappy trainer" to keep Levi from nesting in it between times I work on it. They fly up in the air if any thing touches them or bumps them and they make a snap noise. Hopefully, they will keep Levi away. I will upload a picture with the snappy traps tomorrow. :o)
  8. silvrsky

silvrsky-Meagan Dollhouse

Orchid Dollhouse-really my first.
  9. Hi, Many of you have already responded to me as I have been posting in other areas for the forum. However, I wanted to make the 5th official post so I could post some pictures in the Gallery. Very happy so far working on my doll house can't wait to tell you more and get even further. I haven't had my dollhouse a week yet but I have gotten pretty far. Started priming things yesterday. Going to sand a bit more and maybe start painting the outside. I haven't done the windows yet like the instructions have said but I have started sanding and priming them. The thing I am currently the most excited about is that yesterday I out bid some people for a couch and chair combination I wanted for the living room. Can't wait for it to arrive so I can start thinking more about how I want the inside decorated. I joined NAME but haven't been given a password or anything yet. Kinda feel like asking for my $35 bucks back since joining didn't really give me anything. I understand it is nonprofit etc but I have a non profit organization and I do a better job than this. I am really disappointed with their website as that seems to be the main problem. Why it didn't just give me a password when I joined I will never know. I found this yahoo group that does swaps and I think I am going to try that out. Everyone makes stuff and then sends it in and swaps it out for something else. I looked at the some of their past swap pictures and I think even though I am a beginner I am going to be able to make some stuff. Right now they are doing a poll for their next swap. I am so excited about dollhouses that I even got my mom back into it. She got her old Arthur dollhouse out and took some pictures. She never finished it because she couldn't remember where she put the wires for the lights. LOL I think I am going to just do mine without electricity. I know they looks amazing when they have lights on but as a beginner I am not sure I am ready to tackle that and I don't want it to keep me from finishing. I saw that they now have lights that work with batteries anyway. I think I might try electricity on my second house. Anyway, that is all for now! Hopefully, I will get some pictures up later today! Meagan
  10. I have a new Mac computer. I downloaded google chrome and it didn't work, but I was able to join at work. I guess when I emailed them they suggested I try Firefox as well. So thanks! Now if only I could log in. Nothing like paying $35 for dues and then never given a password. What a rip. LOL Hopefully, it doesn't always work this bad. I am thinking Name just hasn't gotten back to me. Hopefully. I am tempted to email the company that advertises on their website for designing it and complaining. The year is 2013 we shouldn't have this kind of browser issue.
  11. silvrsky

Kitchen

Love your bathroom! How did you fill in the stairs hole? My intention was to not knock that wood out but I either did it accidently or it was imposable to avoide when I was popping out the second floor. Meagan
  12. Awesome, thanks for all the tips everyone. I still haven't figured out how to upload pictures but I think that is because I am usually using my tablet when I write you after working on it. Maybe I still need to do a few posts. Yesterday, I just did more bagging for sheets 6-7. I also got a lot of stuff ready to sand and read the directions a ton more. Today, I have downloaded the detailed instructions. I can't wait for the weekend so I can really get going. I am really addicted to looking at bespaq furniture on ebay. I also signed up as a NAME member today, but can't seem to log in. I don't remember giving myself a password, so maybe I have to wait for it to come or something. I saw that there is a big convention here this summer in Tuscon, AZ. It would be fun to sign up for some workshops etc... Are any of you going? Well, better get back to work and stop dreaming about my dollhouse. LOL Meagan
  13. After waiting over a week it finally arrived! I work as a teacher so I didn't get to start working on it till 4 pm. I tried to get as much as I could done so i worked pretty hard for the next three hours. I started out by labeling everything in pencil. I know the instructions say to pop things out as you go but one of the things it wanted me to start with was the windows. I am not ready for that since I don't have any paint yet, so I popped those out and bagged them. I decided to bag all of sheets # 1-5 in baggies so i wouldnt lose anything. Hopefully I dont regret that later. I really want to get the sanding done before it gets too hot outside so I think I may focus on that tomorrow. Next, I sanded the first, second, front and two main side boards with three different grits. Then I dry fit it and glued it together. I used my level on my Iphone to make sure it was straight. I used tape to clamp all the sides. So far the only casualty seems to be my hobby knief as the tip is gone. Lol. I have a lot of sanding to get done and I need to do some more reading to find out what I should work on tomorrow. Very excited and I can't wait for tomorrow evening to get going on it again. The pictures I took are to big so perhaps I can figure out how to resize the images tomorrow. Is their anyone else just starting out on the Orchid right now? Would love to here from some others. Night! Meagan
  14. Does anyone else have problem with the NAME website? http://www.miniatures.org/index.php I put my curser on the tab and then the menu appears... Then when I move it, the menu disappears. I wanted to join and see all the info. I live in Arizona and want to see what clubs and or shows are available to attend in my area. I use a mac and though maybe that was the problem. I know back in the day websites sometimes had trouble with macs so I downloaded another browser and it still didn't work. I don't know what else I can do. Is it working for anyone? If so what kind of computer and browser are you using to view the site? I am frustrated. Thanks Meagan