• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    mary ann
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

908 profile views
  1. You know when you buy a lead in wire to attach to the transformer.....well sometimes that wire has this "thing" on one side of the wire that twists off and separates the wire itself into 2....what the heck is that thing and why is it there????
  2. why is it that I can get a house totally lit, looking great and then all of a sudden a light or two go out......no real reason evident. bulbs OK.......they just stop working. I go back and use the little tool to check to see if the lines are have juice. sometimes just checking the lines make all the lights go back on. What the heck is happening??? I made a few houses for gifts but I do not want to give them if the lights are going to go out within a day for whatever reason.....I am just beside myself....anyone have this kind of problem???? I dont know what else to try at this point
  3. I am having the hardest time getting sconces to stick to the wall paper and pictures to stick. I am so frustrated. tried double sided tape, carpet tape, mounting tape, wax, all ended in failure. any ideas? thanks mary ann
  4. you know, I was wondering about using the eyelets....will definately give it a try....are there any tricks for installing the eyelets? .. I do know about the angle turn but I am wondering if it will be too bulky behind the wall paper since you actually have to fold away first, then fold toward the direction you want to go. Do you have any tips about hiding the folds behind the wall paper? thanks again mary ann
  5. yea, my beacon hill is on temporary hiatus as well. I added on to the kitchen (which I thought was too small), now I am trying to figure out if I should go up as well. also having trouble picking out the correct kitchen set. I need something that looks old and all the kitchen applience sets and cabinets look too new. I need to know exactly what constitutes the furnishings now so that I can tape wire the right spots and add wall paper while it is easy to see. THe roof was not at all bad......in fact the roof seemed much easier than the stairs to me so do not be intimidated by the roof.
  6. Ok all you gurus of wonderland, I need your expertise!!! I am tape wiring the light house. It is the second time that I am lighting a dollhouse. While I find laying the tape wire and planning is fairly straight foward, trying to get the brads in when I am making a turn is all hell. I get them where I want them and then try to hammer them in. They bend/ turn/ and do anything they possibly can do to annoy me......the only thing they seem to have trouble doing is carrying the charge. Does anyone have ANY suggestions or ideas to help with these brads???? thanks mary ann
  7. I am looking at all your fling entries and must say they are all just great. I did not get a chance to finnish mine but, good thing, I wouldn't have stood a chance against all of you. Nicely done all of you. I cant wait to see more detailed pix of all. For sure, you are all winners in your own right. Well done and congratulations to all !
  8. definately an easy opt for a castle tower. BUT, a castle tower does not get progressiveley smaller as it goes higher which this does. I do not think it would be hard to construct a castle tower.....just time consuming. BUT, if you use that very thin laminate wood and soak it in water over night, you can make the round shape. The castle that I am (trying to) making , I am using sono tubes for the tower. they come in all sizes and are very sturdy. Much easier and much less expensive than adding $100.00 a piece for each castle tower. Also, what exactly is your stone floor made of? I love it, just dont know how to do it....thanks mary ann
  9. Does anyone have some tips for re staining furnature? I purchased a kitchen which is mahogany.....I would not however call it mahogany.....I would call it RED. I need to tone down the red with a dark stain. I tried lightly sanding and restaining with a dark stain but all I get is RED. Any ideas? mary ann
  10. great idea on the beacon hill. the kitchen in that house is way too small. I added an addition there too as well and extended the porch. still not complete but I agree the beacon hill can use a bit of tweaking. I cant wait to see what you do with the foamcore. great idea. mary ann :groucho:
  11. this cat looks just like mine. I love this picture of this cat so much, I set it as my backround. what is this cats name? mary ann
  12. GREAT JOB on the lilly !!!! Just adorable......makes me want to move into that house. I love the little lady that lives there, she is great. was the lilly a difficult build? I have one in the box and probably will not get to it for awhile but your house gives me motivation to possibly start the lilly much sooner. REALLY, REALLY WELL DONE. How did you make that hang man thing.....that piece is just outrageous. Very creative. you should be quite proud. mary ann
  13. paceus

Building a Sofa

I know that this is going over your sofa info(which is great I may add) but you were nice enough to try and send me a link to web sites to hook together the light house and light keepers house. the links never came up. would you be so kind as to email them to me at paceus@aol.com
  14. One of my current constructions is the light keepers house and the light house. somewhere during my research, I read an instruction on how to attach these two........CANNOT REMEMBER WHERE. I know that I can just be creative here but I needed some technical info from that instruction. Does anyone know where this is written? thanks mary ann
  15. I went with the light house with the coupon......cant wait to get it.....