902_dwyer

Silver Member
  • Last visited

0 Neutral

About 902_dwyer

Profile Information

• Interests
    I am a professional tailor with my own business. I love to knit, embroider, crocheting, etc. with my spare time. I am also an avid reader, so needless to say, any time left over is with family and friends. My newest and best hobby is of course making Dollhouses!!

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Four
  • Real Name
    Marie
  • Country
    Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

1,003 profile views
  1. Hi Christena, you might want to check the Heidi Ott dolls out. I have a family of them and they are easy to make clothes for them. I've even knitted sweaters for them. They are fully jointed, so you can pose them. Pricey, but worth it Marie
  2. Hi Kevin....WOW...FABULOUS what a project! It's going to be awesome,but I bet it's going to take a good six months to complete. Hope you keep sending pics. Marie
  3. 902_dwyer

My McKinley House

This is the second house I made that I keep on the wall at my shop. People come in just to see it.
  4. 902_dwyer

My Knitting for Heidi Ott dolls

I ordered very fine needles and crochet hooks, and very fine merino wool to knit up some things for my dolls. The first time was tricky, but I soon managed, and made a couple of skirts, 2 sweaters, and a man's vest.
  5. Sherry and Holly, thanks so much for your help. I know about the pin method, but didn't think to try it for door hanging. And I'm also going to try the chamois,too (I have lots of scraps of fine leather and ultrasuede from my shop) to use. Actually, I've just posted my pictures of the Harrison house to the gallery; Wenlaine has been holding my hand thru the process, as I don't have much computer experience, but I'm very proud of myself for sticking with it. I hope to spend more time on the site to get more comfortable, so hopefully will talk again.
  6. 902_dwyer

Harrison House

This is my third house and it is coming along nicely, except I've been stuck on the lighting. I will get there, though, and will send the final pics along when I finish.
  7. Jeninky, went to the link and found out there is not one in my area, but what I am going to try to do is see if I can start one and list it there. I am waiting for their reply, and I will let you know how I made out Marie Dwyer
  8. Hello. I'm from Nova Scotia and I wish there were one ! I can't even find anything around this region (east of Toronto), but I am going to this site to find out. I have gotten my sister into it, and I have a lot of interest in them (I have the McKinley house hung on the wall at my shop). I will get back to you with my results. Marie
  9. Hello from 902_dwyer. Question: any ideas out there for alternative ways to hang doors. I have trouble with the small hinges and by the time it's in, I'm pretty frustrated. Just thought maybe there might be an easier way out there. Thanks
  10. Hello from Nova Scotia. I've been a member for two years and just now getting around to introducing myself. This has been a very inportant community for me; I got help with two of my houses when I was stuck and I want to thank the members for their generous info. I also have established a very warm friendship with wenlaine, who has stuck with me, encouraging me with my projects and helping me as well with navigating on the site. So looking forward to spending more time with you all. marie
  11. Thanks for your help. You have given me confidence to go ahead now. Love this site !!!!
  12. Your pictures are amazing. Do you give any lessons on this site? I am saving every scrape of wood from my four kits for when I have more time to play.
  13. I am wiring my Harrison with the copper tape, but now I'm not sure how to proceed with my wallpapering. I use real prepasted wallpaper that has to be wet when you apply it. Does the water interact with the tape in any way? Any advice would be appreciated. Marie