• Rank
    Whippet-gal
  • Birthday 02/09/49

Contact Methods

• ICQ 0

Profile Information

• Gender Female
  • Location East Yorkshire, UK
  • Interests I began my first dolls' house about 4 years ago (2003) and became hooked. I loved the way the hobby stretched me - always learning new skills & then wanting to know more!<br /><br />I've learnt how to paint, use paper clay, papier mache & Das, electrify my projects, use a soldering iron, make curtains & dress beds, appreciate (and really look at) architecture etc etc.<br /><br />I'm still learning all these skills & each project brings its own thrill as I try something new - if it doesn't work out, at least I've learnt how NOT to do it!<br /><br />This hobby has sustained me through the death of Eddie, my husband, in July 2007, after an 18 month fight with cancer. It's the best therapy I know; I can lose myself for hours.<br /><br />I have 2 whippets, Bracken & Toby, both 4 years old & the loves of my life :)<br /><br />My other hobbies are collecting My Little Ponies (I have about 700!!), doing cross stitch & reading.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience Five or more
  • Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Jackie
  • Country United Kingdom

Recent Profile Visitors

1392 profile views
  1. glencroft

Absolutely brilliant. Well done - I love it :thumb::thumb::thumb:
  2. Interior left (Medium).JPG

From the album The Orchid

3. Inside (Medium).JPG

4. Spiral staircase (Medium).JPG

I made the spiral staircase from the pieces of a plastic fan, cocktail sticks & jewellery bits & pieces. It was a bit fiddly to do, but it gave me more room than putting in the original staircase.
  5. Outside bay (Medium).JPG

6. Front (Medium).JPG

You can't beat the Orchid for cuteness!
  7. Walls

From the album The Aster

This is the first time I've papered before assembling the house. I think I prefer to paper afterwards - I get more of a 'feel' for the house once it's a structure.
  8. P1010008.JPG

From the album The Aster

9. hearth3.JPG

From the album The Aster

10. hearth2.JPG

From the album The Aster

11. hearth1.JPG

From the album The Aster

12. Sitting room

From the album The Aster

I was pleased with how my curtains turned out - I dipped the cotton fabric in tea to mute the colours before doing a free-hand (I don't use a pleater) 'pin & tuck' session to get the gathers just how I wanted them. I then sprayed them with starch - easy!
  13. Kitchen area

From the album The Aster

I moved the stairs; in the original I think they're along the back wall.
  14. Upstairs1.JPG

From the album The Aster

15. Rear (Medium).JPG

From the album The Aster