• Last visited

7 Neutral

About pjnick54

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    http://www.pamelajminis.com

Profile Information

• Interests
    Besides miniatures and my new dollhouse - I love to paint and bead. And I love hats!

Retained

• Member Title
    Pamela J

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Please Select
  • Real Name
    Pamela J
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

1,649 profile views

About Me

Hello -- My name is Pamela J and I'm fairly new to the world of Miniatures.

I have always wanted a dollhouse, but being the youngest of six I knew I'd never get one, so I never asked. I always wanted one for my daughters too, but raising six children alone for nine years, I could never afford it.

After beautifully furnishing a donated dollhouse for a fundraiser a couple years ago, my oldest daughter, Nancy caught the bug and went head first into miniatures. This past May, I was browsing on eBay, talking to Nancy on the phone. She was showing me something and a finished Greenleaf Willowcrest caught our eye and I just fell in love with it.

To make a long story short -- she got it for me for Mother's Day!

Needless to say, I am TOTALLY hooked.

Since then, I have spent HOURS on eBay browsing, dreaming, drooling, wishing and buying. I've even gone so far as to buying wholesale now and selling on eBay to fund my addiction.

But I have some wonderful furnishings for my beautiful Willowcrest.

I have also taken the plunge into clay and have created several food items and I must say, I've learned I have another talent! My other talents, painting and beading have come in quite handy too as I've made some lovely Ladies Vanity Sets and other decorative items (both for me and eBay).

Another Greenleaf member, Diana Milam, was the creator of this incredible dollhouse so all credit goes to her for a beautiful job. I am furnishing it in Victorian style and it will go perfect in my spare room which is done in all purple and red. Yes, I am a member of the Red Hat Society, being the Queen of my chapter, The Painted Ladies here in Big Sky Country. Not only do I wear Red Hats -- but many others as well. I have over 100 lovely vintage-style hats and wear one to church every Sunday.

With the kids all being grown and out of the house, it's just me and hubby Greg, Buster our Schnauzer, and Harley our outside Yellow Lab. We live in the country and I work on minis every waking moment! You can find my listings on ebay. I am also a regular contrbutor now to Dollhouse Miniatures magazine, Jan/Feb 2009 issue being the first of many.

I have eight grandchildren, Damian, Pamela, Emily, Justus, Gregory, Trinity, Joshua and Dominic -- and one more on the way. Pamela, Nancy's daughter has a delightful interest like her mom and has a future in miniatures for sure. At least she's getting started early rather than waiting as long as I had to.

But better late than never -- I am having FUN!