• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Two
  • Real Name
    Sheila
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

1,340 profile views
  1. Instructions for the Farmhouse 500 are in my gallery--no need to pay for this house, at any rate.
  2. Hi everybody, long time no see! I scanned in the instruction pages and the parts sheets of the FH500. Hope this helps anyone who is building this kit. It has it's own album in my gallery. I should note that I have the MDF version, which is the one with the sections of siding that go together to make up the walls. I think this is a later version of the kit. But it may help with sizes and placement of the parts anyway. Bye for now.
  3. thystle

Duracraft FH500 Farmhouse instruction book

I scanned the instructions and parts list from my farmhouse--feel free to use as a reference when building this model. These pages may not be printed for sale, as the original copywrite is still in effect.
  4. There was an article in one of the mini mags on making removable clothes--I think it just covered dresses, but may have been more extensive. I'll see if I can find it, and post the info. There are tiny snaps and zips available, mostly for Barbie size, but possibly could work, and another idea I've seen is to use a tiny bead and make a thread loop. Tiny seams and finished edges could make it workable, if you want to try it.
  5. thystle

Unfinished kits and misc. houses

I have some kits that I bought many years ago and have not assembled. One day, they will get done, and I have ideas for them. Also in this album are houses that don't have their own spot.
  6. Cool idea! I'll have to keep my eye out for these.
  7. Great job--so cozy and inviting! I think you could definitely sell it. :::hmm, now I want pizza for dinner!:::: Oh, and meant to say, love how you did the light fixture! I'll have to remember that for my farmhouse. :yes:
  8. Wow, thanks for the replies--you have been so helpful! :yes: Funny, I've looked at Grynche's albums, but never noticed "Monte"! Looking at the interior pictures, I do believe this is the house I had--I remember the wide opening between the two bottom rooms, I was going to make a beaded curtain to put in there. I remember the kit as being a bit rough, which is surprising for a Greenleaf--maybe it was the TX weather, or the shop's storage? At any rate, if anyone else knows of anymore info, please pass it on, I'm always grateful to learn.
  9. I was looking through Newt's gallery of old kits and houses (thanks for all that work!), and saw this: It looks a lot like I remember my first kit, which I bought in late 1981 or early '82, from a hobby shop in Texas. I don't remember much about the kit, except that it was side opening, two stories, and the staircase was against the back wall, which seems to match the picture. The general style of it rings a bell. I did a search, and it didn't bring up anything for this forum, so I thought I'd ask. I never thought I'd ever find any info on that first house; it was destroyed when a tornado passed over the trailer my now ex-DH was staying in before he followed us back to NC. Thanks for any help!
  10. thystle

scanned miniature projects

Some scans of various miniature projects--copywrite retained by original owners, of course.
  11. Rhonda, you're welcome, glad to help out. Boy, are you bringing back memories! lol I had the hardest time getting this kit together--it was spread out over my dining/kitchen rooms for ever. My two older boys were very young, but they knew when mommy was saying the bad words, they had to stay in their room! That header part--the triangle shaped one on the underside of the roof? I think I put mine on three times! I'm leaving off the porch railings (they were crazy hard to do), and I have some Houseworks porch posts to use instead of the ones that came with the kit. Holly, the step stool and the butcher block are thrift store finds from many years ago--the block was meant to cut cheese on! I'm going to get my brother to slice off the top layer that has the cutting groove in it. It's a bit out of scale, but can be altered. Lynette, the height is 30 inches. If you didn't put the house on a huge landscaped base, it might work ok in a room 10 x 10, I guess it would depend on the layout of your nieces' room.
  12. Wolfie, your dolls have always been wonderful. Many long years ago, when I first got a computer and started searching for miniatures, your website was one of the places I visited often. Congratulations on being in the magazine!
  13. You can also get clips like that at Dollar Tree--depending on size, there are at least 4 in a pack. Welcome to the world of miniatures. If you aren't addicted soon, it will be a miracle!
  14. I'd swear I've seen that house before--in an ad with several other houses, I think, from an older mini magazine. I remember thinking how much it looked like the Duracraft FH500 Farmhouse (which I have). If I come across it, I'll post a picture.