About ZOESMAMA

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    gabrielle
  • Country
    United States
  1. I was thinking of using a kit but after seeing that Greenleaf does not do any type of free shipping to Alaska I decided for my fairy house I am going to get creative this summer and us my natural elements and build one that way my kids can help me collect things on our"naturewalks" they love picking up rocks and sticks anyway lol ...of course some things I will not be able to use that are real like leaves ect. but I figure for the most part sticks and stones will be the base of my structure. when I start I will post picture...eeek cant wait
  2. oh wow that's awesome there used to be a small miniature store in stark about 7 years ago which is how I got into this hobby in the first place now I live in Alaska, a bit of a change though lol
  3. I was looking through your pictures earlier and I adore what you have done.. I was thinking of doing something a bit smaller like a cottage, but I love everything you have done I can only imagine the time spent on that and then also having my daughter (who is only 3 but loves faries) help me with an outside proof house as well. I first thought of doing the outside fairy house when I recently visted my hometown zoo in Jacksonville FL where they have a butterfly house and inside all through out are the cutest mini fairy houses. ....after reading everyones post I also went and did a lot of googling and the beautiful creations are just endless lol
  4. hi my name is Gabrielle I am a military wife stationed in Alaska and needed a hobby ... so after remembering how much fun I had with my first house back when I was 17 or so I decided to start the hobby again and am loving it my husband has even joined in! my only real problem is I have to buy everything online which im not really a big fan of ( I guess you could say i am a very tactile person) but it is the only way I am able to continue on with this awesome little (big) haha hobby, I found a small hobby store that sells a few Greenleaf houses but other than that its all online if anyone has read a few post I already put up my next project that I am going to do is going to be a fairy cottage after I finish up with my Fairfield house. well hope to talk to everyone more alittle later !!!!
  5. I am pretty around here so maybe there is already a section for this, but does anyone make fairy houses/cottages? I am only working on my second miniature house and I am thinking my next project I would love to be a fairy cottage..can anyone lead me to any cool links or does anyone have pictures or something I can get any ideas from ?
  6. this is my second dollhouse (Fairfield) and I am wondering if it was a bad idea to construct before doing any type of painting or decorating .. when I started I wanted was thinking it would be one project at a time 1) building 2) painintng) 3) interior. the first house I did was done in a different way because I had a work shop to use, this time I constructing in my kitchen so I thought it would be easier this way...did I make a mistake, can my house still look beautiful or did I mess everything up ?
  7. I am having a problem with the "tight fit " of the left second floor and right second floor. it is not a tight fit at all in fact there is a gap . its very frustrating I will probably cover it with carpet /scrap wood ect. but never the less its extremely frustrating