Clancast

• Last visited

0 Neutral

About Clancast

Profile Information

• Interests
    Dollhouses and miniatures (of course), needlepoint, photography, reading, woodworking, just about anything crafty. I like to be creative and keep my hands busy :)

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Chris
  • Country
    Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

252 profile views
  1. For all of you who would like to download the pictures with dimensions and plans of the Storybook Homes I found a website that provides some of them in Adobe Acrobat for saving. The link is: http://www.ruralvillage.org/homes.shtml Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page, on the right hand side, just under the heading "House Plans Section" will be a hand drawn cottage and a list of homes starting with the name "Brooksby". These are the houses/cottages made by Storybook Homes. Each house is an Adobe Acrobat file with a great picture, dimensions (sorry they are not in 1/12th scale but easily converted) and the plans. I've downloaded and saved them all. Have fun gals!!!!
  2. Hi Michelle, I'm new here (as of today) and you'll be my first post reply! Yikes, the pressure! I have the Chrysnbon stove kit except I learned a trick from Anne Gerdes' dollhouse website which makes it appear like it is truly a cast iron/metal stove. Basically by rubbing a teeny bit of a wax product called "Rub 'n Buff" (colour: silver) on the model you can make it appear metallic. "Rub 'n Buff" comes in various metallic finishes and can be found at major craft stores such as Michaels. It's usually sold in a tube. To see what the effect is like please check out the the website of Anne Gerdes at http://anniesminis.com/hobby.htms . I didn't want to infringe on any copyrights so I didn't include the picture here. Anyway, this link will take you right to the Heritage Dollhouse on her site. You will see a picture showing all the rooms in the back of the house, simply click on the kitchen. At this point 2 photos will pop up along with more description about how Anne decorated the kitchen. It's there that she explains about using "Rub 'n Buff" to give her Crysnbon stove a metallic look and you can see the pictures for yourself (one of the pictures shows the stove without the finish and the other shows the stove with the finish so you can see the effect). This is an awesome finishing product. I liked the results so much that I bought the Chrysnbon Parlour Stove and finished it in a beautiful brass finish for my Tennyson's parlour. You literally can't tell it's plastic. Anyway, hope this helps! Cheers! Chris