• Dollhouse Building Experience Please Select
  • Dollhouse Preference Please Select
  • Online Community Building Projects Please Select
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Country Please Select

Recent Profile Visitors

5372 profile views
  1. What are you up to today? This week?

Today we took the youngest to the orientation/registration day for college. It's a little over 2 hours away. We've tried 4 different ways of going, and I think we found the way we want him to go today. We are very happy with the school, and I'm very excited for him. Since Lawson, the middle child, goes to school only about 25 minutes away, he has decided to stay home and take the park and ride into downtown Atlanta. So now he will finally get his chance to be the "only child". The youngest got his chance a couple years back when Lawson lived on campus for a year.
  2. What are you up to today? This week?

Congratulations Jackie! She's beautiful!! :)
  3. Staining Roof Shingles

The longer you leave them in the stain, the darker they will get.  I actually wanted more of a red color, but a lot of mine turned really dark brown, the ones that were soaked in the stain longer.
  4. I bought a dollhouse...again!

What a great house! You'll have fun with that. I had to replace about 40ish shingles on the Victoria's Farmhouse I did last month. What ended up working very well for me was a hair dryer and a flat head screw driver. And a lot of patience. Of course the success of that depends on the type of glue used. 
  5. Victorian Icebox

Yes, they are about the size of a magic marker. I like the Minwax brand. They come in pretty much all the same colors that the stain comes in. Here's a link to Amazon so you can see what it looks like. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0000DI7ZK/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1496073129&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=minwax+stain+marker&dpPl=1&dpID=41OW4ShXVKL&ref=plSrch
  6. What's everyone working on?

Oh Vickie, I'm so sorry, hope everything works out soon! My son just turned 21, and it looks like he will be staying home all summer with no job. So that has caused a little tension. But our dog was just diagnosed with diabetes last week, so it's actually been good having him home to help take care of her, as she can't hold her bladder or go up and down steps to go outside.  This weekend I put together a Braxton Payne quarter scale kitchen roombox. It's pretty cute I guess. I don't have any accessories or anything for it, so I guess I'll work on finding/making some things. I got some quarter scale furniture kits for a little Victorian house I built a couple months back, so I hope to work on those some tomorrow.
  7. Binary Parisian Clock

omg, I need that. Seriously. I am putting that on my list and hope to do the pledge next week. Thank you for posting!
  8. What are you up to today? This week?

18th birthday party, check, graduation, Check, MIL back home in Texas, check! I am exhausted, and have done nothing but sit on the sofa this weekend. I'm trying to get enough energy to go down to the craft room and pick the next project. I got a few things at the Miniature Designs mini yard sale a few weeks ago that I'm dying to start on. I can tell you one thing though, no cakes. 3 cakes in one week is a lot of cake! Next one is in 2 weeks, gives me a little time to recover. I got a new position at work a few weeks back (yay!!). Unfortunately, I haven't been replaced for my previous position, so I'm doing both jobs (boo!). I was told Friday they hope to have someone in place June 1, but we'll see. They have to take an existing technician and re-assign their duties, and no one wants to do it. One person has already turned it down. But we are about to start a huge project/initiative, and whether or not it goes smooth or rough is a good part on my shoulders. No pressure!! 
  9. Noel Thomas vs. Ray Urh

Very pretty! I love the color. And that room is gorgeous!! You now have enough posts to start an album. Having an album allow all the pictures to be in one place, plus there are no space limits. Placing pictures directly in a post will fill up your quota. It is possible to link to an album picture from a post. Can't wait to see more of the house! What a great find.
  10. What are you up to today? This week?

My MIL arrived at our house today for a 6 day stay. Everybody think happy thoughts for me please, this is going to be a rough week. On top of that we also have the youngest kid's 18th birthday and graduation this week. We decided today that we would have his party Wednesday instead of this coming weekend, so that shortens my cake-making time. I really should start on that tonight, but since I made one for Mother's day, I really can't bring myself to start that yet.  Happy Mother's Day everyone!!
  11. What's everyone working on?

Karin she turned out wonderful! Wow!!
  12. Frustrated

The floor looks awesome!!
  13. What are you up to today? This week?

What a great idea! I love those. My daughter and grandson live over 3 hours away, and she needed a babysitter for Friday night (they both work at the family Mexican restaurant, and she had to manger for Cinco de Mayo, bless her heart!). So I went down Friday to baby sit, and me and Jude went shopping. We had a good time, and got some wood stuff for him to paint for his mom and my mom. Painting with a 2 year old is always fun. Left early Saturday to make it home and pass the car off to my husband who had to pick his mom up at the airport. My youngest had a play at 5 ( last high school activity for us! ) and they made it in time, with about 15 minutes to spare. Me and Brennen were the last ones who were working on striking the set to leave, so we made it home about 8pm. Long busy day! Today was easier, husband took his mom to her brother's, boys went to the movies, and I stayed home and made frosting and took a nap. We're under the two week count down to Brennen's graduation, and Mother's day and Brennen's 18th birthday falls in there too. So a lot going on the next two weeks. Fun! :)
  14. How do I Ship My House Across Country

Good luck! After having completed this very same house last week, and then having to transport it just a few miles, the thought of taking this to pack and then shipping makes me cringe!
  15. Is the beacon hill sturdy?

I have a cat and a Beacon Hill, and she can't knock it over. It is not flimsy at all. And once you start getting it decorated and such, it can get some weight to it. Nothing like the RGT mdf monster I just finished, but you can't pick it up with one hand or anything. The wood is not rough. The edges will need some sanding where it is punched from the sheets. I have a handheld power sander that zips through that in no time. And all the pieces are the same thickness, no matter the size. It is a beautiful house.