• Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects Please Select
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Tracy
  • Country Please Select

Recent Profile Visitors

7884 profile views
  1. Who has Jarrell Manor?

Yep, I got it! I'll email when I get home this evening.
  2. Beacon Hill: a Garden District Mansion

Hope it works Kathie! And he's a really nice guy. He LOVES to talk at shows!! :)
  3. Gingerbread Orchid House

Cuteness!! I love gingerbread houses, and yours is perfect!  
  4. Who has Jarrell Manor?

Send me your email address in a PM, and I'll email you what I have.   It's not the entire catalog (wish I had copied the entire thing when I had the chance!), but it has 2 pages showing the different models, plus the (wholesale) price list. The catalog also included a page on each house showing the floor plan and measurements, but I only copied the house I had.
  5. Who has Jarrell Manor?

That's really neat about the deed!  Mine was left behind in an attic during a move, and the new owner (investor) was wanting to get rid of it, so he sold it for crazy cheap. Another member here recognized it as the "big sister" to her house, and shared some information (I believe she had bought hers "original"). There was a certain specific trim used on both houses, so that was a neat discovery. (Wonder if yours and Jackie's has that same trim??) Shortly after, I visited HBS (miniatures.com) and Nancy Van Horn let me copy some of the catalog pages. And when I showed the picture to the owner of my local store owner, he said, Oh! That's a Jarrell house! He recognized it instantly. I imagine they sold a lot of them back in the day, with the shop being about 15 minutes from Stone Mountain! They actually ended up buying the house from the other member, when she no longer had room, and I see it there from time to time. She offered it to me, but it was just too long and heavy to have another! Yours is a very pretty design, can't wait to see pictures of it!
  6. Who has Jarrell Manor?

The house was made by Jerry Jarrell of The Dollhouse, Inc. A Division of Jarrell Enterprises in Stone Mountain, Ga. There are 12 different houses in the January 1990 catalog/price list. And all could be purchased with different degrees of finishing (components, exterior). As far as I know they were only available as shells. They were sold in dollhouse shops around Georgia, and probably other nearby states. I see them pop up from time to time in the Atlanta Craigslist (not necessarily your model. But I'd be tempted to grab one if I did!).  I have a different house by them, the Mt. Vernon Colonial, and it's amazing. The house Jackie has is listed as the Houseworks Victorian in the catalog. Interesting about the individual names. Wonder if mine ever had a special name? The name I gave it was "Big Scary Brick House".    
  7. Beacon Hill - Dollhouse Noob

I'm pretty sure they are the ones labeled staircase posts. There are eight. And if you continue reading that entire step, it mentions a total of eight posts to place. Good luck!
  8. Skilcraft Nob Hill Victorian Dollhouse

I did a rehab of this house a few years back. Very pretty house. I don't recall there being any places that I couldn't reach to wallpaper, but as you do a dry fit (definitely do a dryfit!) you will see which places may to easier to do before hand. This is an L shaped house, so I'm thinking particularly of the walls that face "backwards". Have fun!
  9. What are you up to today? This week?

Just returned from seeing Ant Man and the Wasp. I was pretty tickled to spot a Tennyson in the little girls room.  
  10. What are you up to today? This week?

Thanks! I figured it was, but unfortunately signatures do not show up on mobile. And that's what I use almost exclusively. 
  11. What are you up to today? This week?

CJ, how exciting!! Sounds like a lot of work, but great fun.  Can someone please post the link to the website when you have time? I'd love to check it out Thanks! Miranda, I've been stressing about your shipping container, so I am so glad y'all got it worked out!! Have a great trip to Russia!
  12. Which house is this

That's the Duracraft Brookfield. Also goes by the Columbian. The difference is the door shape I believe. 
  13. What are you up to today? This week?

We went to the local farm and picked fruit today. Blueberries, blackberries, and peaches. Got interrupted by two thunderstorms, and I insisted on getting a full bucket of blueberries, so we were there about 3 1/2 hours. (blueberries were slow picking! We got a bucket of blackberries in about 20 minutes, a peck of peaches in 10.) The rain and breeze kept it fairly cool though. So, when my legs have recovered from the walking and squatting, I'll be peeling and slicing peaches, and if I'm real adventurous, I'll make some blackberry jam.
  14. What are you up to today? This week?

Actually, he's not! Just a few weird things. The first injury, at age 5, he jumped off the sofa like Superman, right into the door. In middle school he got pushed during a game of dodgeball. But he doesn't fall or run into things and he's not clumsy. Today he was working on a laptop cart, and hit the overhang of the top as he came up. Luckily it was laminate wood and not metal.  Oh! So this is his first job, and he's been here 6 weeks. His first day, he got sick (he never gets sick either!) and had to leave 2 hours in. I'm sure it was his nerves, poor boy. And now this.  He hasn't had a good experience working so far! We all get off work soon, and I'll check it again when we get home.
  15. What are you up to today? This week?

Oh no Jackie! I hope you feel better. And yay for the new house!! So, I was having a normal day at work today, when Lawson came in my office (both boys are working for my department this summer) and calmly said, So, Brennen hit his head... I was pretty calm, Okay, it is bleeding? Yes, a bit... So we visited the first aid kit, he went back over started cleaning it. I came a few minutes later to check it. Luckily the school they were in had a Health Occupation class, so me and the tech they were helping went and found supplies in the cabinet, more useful than in the first aid kit. He's fine, just a small little gash, he's had much worse (twice). But we had to do the workplace accident form. I presented it to the guy to sign, and I started with, He's okay, but... Oh, and about an hour before another co-worker got stung by a wasp, his first sting. He's okay too, and not allergic. Two accident reports in one day, yikes.