• Dollhouse Building Experience Please Select
  • Dollhouse Preference Please Select
  • Online Community Building Projects Please Select
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Country Please Select

Recent Profile Visitors

5606 profile views
  1. Crysnbon

That turned out very nice!!  I'm so proud for you!
  2. What's everyone working on?

I like to use a mouse sander for the long edges of the walls, and then sand paper or emery boards like Holly suggested. Have fun!
  3. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Houseworks Front Opening Victorian with a little bit of furniture $75 Wired too, not a bad price. https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/clt/d/large-dollhouse/6250947533.html   RGT Farmhouse half scale with furniture. $100 One bedroom looks like Lee's Line furniture. https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/tag/d/half-scale-doll-house-with/6254728919.html 
  4. What are you up to today? This week?

Took the youngest kid to college today. I'm excited for him, but a little nervous and sad too. My husband, though, is a complete mess. He was upset when the middle went, but this time is much worse. I feel so bad for him. The middle kid is back living at home, though, since his school is close. So not kidless yet. But he's in his last year, so it could be soon...
  5. re Victorias Farmhouse

It appears that the trim wasn't finished. It is all the same on the one I recently finished. It's mostly like your front gable, but I think mine has an additional piece on the sides, or at least it is more defined in it's paint scheme. Here's the link to the product page on the RGT website. There are a few views on there. Maybe those will help you some. As far as removing them... Not sure I have any ideas other than heat and a putty knife or something else flat. Or maybe just try to add trim to make them the same. Good luck! https://www.realgoodtoys.com/products/victorias-farmhouse-dollhouse-kit
  6. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Kelly, I have a price list of his houses that Nancy Horn at HBS copied for me. And I have the catalog page from at least my house, maybe one other model. Sounds like you have some kind of info already, but if you'd like me to send that to you to add to your collection, I'd be happy to!  Just PM me. 
  7. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

I actually have one of the Mt Vernon houses.  It is huge but beautiful. While trying to ID it, I found a few unique features of the builder. I believe his name was Jerry Jerrell and he lived close to Atlanta. So I see these and other versions of his pop up locally from time to time.
  8. What are you up to today? This week?

Jeannine, that is awesome, good for you. I'm excited for you. I too, can relate to the scared of driving part. My husband takes me almost everywhere, even to work. But, now, I'm even scared riding most places, especially if it involves the interstate (I live in the Atlanta suburbs, so there's always traffic and people everywhere). Very sad. That runs in my family though. I can see myself becoming recluse when I'm older if I let it happen, so I'm hoping I'll get better.
  9. What are you up to today? This week?

Sable, I am so sorry for your loss. Very awesome of you to make sure her wishes are granted. Kathie, woohoo! It's getting closer! And with the movers coming the 21st, you could make it just in time for the mini show on the 23rd! Because of course that will be the first thing on your mind moving into a new house. :)
  10. What are you up to today? This week?

Well, I have a little bit of a big mouth sometimes. And today I was telling someone about an issue, and an important deadline I found out today we couldn't make. Well they offered to help, and I panicked and accepted it. Now I am in trouble with my husband, and have a big (HUGE) favor hanging over my head. But I was stuck, if I didn't accept, they would have their feelings hurt, and upset that I let the deadline pass with the consequences that came with it when I had the chance to fix it. No winning with that one. I am very thankful I have friends that will hugely help me, but goodness, I need to learn to keep my mouth shut!!
  11. Scale fabric

For the few times I've bought fabric, it's been from either Miniature Designs, or from Cindy Crane. She sells at shows, and we both happen to be local to Miniature Designs, so sometimes she has some for sale there. Seems the fabric I bought directly from the store was brodnax that matches their wallpapers. Here's Cindy's website. She is very nice and helpful. Once we were taking a class together, and I was trying to find a certain trim or fabric for my project, and she went home that night and looked through her stuff and brought back some more options the next day. So maybe you can tell her what you're looking for and she can check. http://miniatureluxuries.com/
  12. What are you up to today? This week?

School started today, or so I heard. This is the first time in 13 years I haven't been in a school or had to talk to a teacher for work, so that was weird. But even weirder, it's the first time in 20 years I haven't had a kid to send to school! Wow. Except for the whole college thing. The baby moves away in less than 2 weeks, yikes. Middle kid is still home, his school is only 25 minutes away. So no empty nest yet. But my oldest submitted her application today to go back to school (she graduated last August), so now all three of my kids are in college. Their schools are VSU, GSU, and GSW. Talk about some possible confusion! Haha!
  13. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Kelly, that house is pretty cute. The way it opens intrigues me. I would be curious to know what it is. And it is very odd you found 2 at the same time! If you find one in Ga, let me know. :)
  14. What are you up to today? This week?

I am in McDonough, so only an hour away! Hooray! And miniature designs is an hour from each of us. Ever since you mentioned moving, I've been checking their class list to see what classes we can take. I can't wait. And the Atlanta Mini show is in less than 2 months! Let me know if you need anything.
  15. Does anyone know this house

You're welcome! I had had my house for 8 years, and never did anything with it because I didn't know what to do with the roof. Once I finally dove in, it wasn't that bad, and then I was able to continue with the rest.