Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Cate
  • Country
    Canada
  1. Our mini group had a garage sale/swap this weekend and one of our members unloads a Pierce kit (which she had kept around 20 years!). My oh my. Given all my yearning to put together a kit - I spent alot of time standing in front of it, considering. I have been dreaming about how I would bash several houses available in kit form the last few months; including this one. I'm thinking gothic victorian mansion...lots of stone, almost castle-like. Just wait to see where I'm going to take this Pierce! I'm so excited. This is going to the front of the mini-line. This and my dolls. Good thing I have lots of paperclay! I plan on adding timber framing, changing interior walls, adding a few rooms, a new floor on the bottom, towers and chimneys...but you'll be able to recognize that it was a Pierce kit I think! I hope the process of building this house is the step I need to confidently work with traditional construction methods. Hophophop! I'm one happy camper!
  2. A friend of mine is going...but sadly I will not. Maybe next year!
  3. Oh that made me laugh! :jumping: For a while now, I've been having fantasies about selling up, buying some land somewhere remote and farming pigs and chickens. In fact, it's become a bit of a family phrase, 'makes you want to go and raise chickens.' It looks like it might be wise to be more self-sustaining. In the meantime, I taking controlled-doses of the news, loving my family and escaping into minis on a regular basis.
  4. I saw this house for the first time yesterday and it blew me away. Like so many; I adore the look of the Beacon Hill - but for my purpose I think it may be a little too small. This house will certainly not be too small! What a great house! A bold idea beautifully going together! The floor too looks beautiful - can't wait to see more! Looking at the pics of Alley and her house makes me sentimental for the childhood I never had.
  5. I'm really wowed by the Practical Magic house...I remember really enjoying the book but being somewhat disappointed in the movie...the house however is really something else! What a great thread this is!
  6. Wasn't that cool? In my livingroom, my son said, 'Hey miniatures!' I was so proud! ;) I think it's really interesting how certain pieces, like the armchairs, were handpainted by art students and all unique.
  7. I was thinking pizza - a really good thin-crust pizza is pretty much the most perfect food I know of - and a glass (or bottle, who's counting?) of Austrailian Shiraz followed with chocolates and Port. But then I started thinking about chicken and cheese enchiladas with Margharettas and hot fudge sundays...and green chile stew and trifle...roast turkey, stuffing and black forest cake...and... How about my last week of meals? :lol:
  8. I've played both the Sims and Sims2 - furiously at first and then tapering away to something sane. B) SimCity is fun too - though I never did get more recent ones of that. I never bought alot of expansion packs; pets I did (loved the pets) and the magic one for the first one, that was cool. I love the pregnancy and baby aspect of Sims2 - and that the child is actually a blend of the parents...and the aging. So cool. I totally forgot to add - using the money cheat was a huge factor in my enjoyment of the game, the people weren't as burned-out and crabby. I refused to feel guilty about it either - real-life has enough of those worries - this was play. B) I had no idea they were coming out with a sims3. :lol: Oh dear...
  9. Wonderful news all - thanks for the heads up!
  10. Thank you for all the warm welcomes! I'm up to 5 posts and have uploaded a few pictures...thanks for letting my know that's how it worked! :lol:
  11. othercate

Cate's Miniatures

(see above) ;)
  12. I do so love thrift stores...you never know what treasures will follow you home! Doofus is adorable!
  13. Oh good heavens yes...people think I'm right off my rocker. And those who are closest to me are the most patient - but you can see when it's wearing thin. Occasionally something wonderful happens - like when I showed my Alice scene to my brother-in-law and he was speechless. He couldn't fathom that I'd made that...made everything in that! He'd never seen anything like it before and could barely process it. It was wonderful! :lol:
  14. What a treat! The Canadian Architecture pages were fascinating too! Thank you for this - it's bookmarked!
  15. That is a special kind of wonderful - not only the new space, but sharing the process with your DH - lovely! :lol: