eglefther

Gold Member
  • Last visited

0 Neutral

About eglefther

Profile Information

• Interests
    I am a life long learner so my computer is a major interest because I can find many new and interesting things to learn about. I love computer games...online I mostly play at Pogo.com and offline I like hidden picture games...a throw back to the Highlight Magazine years. I like to read, watch movies, and enjoy the ocean and the mountains.<br /><br />I've done sewing, knitting, crocheting, quilting, ceramics, HO scale railroad, made jewelry, polished rocks, macreme, oil painting, counted cross stitch, bead work, and probably a few more things that I can't remember right now...lol<br /><br />Though I have no dollhouse building experience I have two kits on the way and can tell I am already thoroughly addicted.

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Shar
  • Country
    United States

About Me

I'm a 48 year old kid just getting started in the dollhouse construction hobby.

I am a supervisor of an Adult Rehabilitation Facility for people with mental illness. When I started I figured I'd be there about 2 years and then need to move on...that was 17 years ago. I love it because no two days are the same and I'm helping people make their lives better.

I live in a two bedroom apartment, one bedroom of which is now my dollhouse construction zone. I have two female dogs. Dakota who is a black chow and Nannuk who is a white American Eskimo. My mom told me she couldn't wait until I had a kid just like myself...scared me so bad I didn't have any kids and stuck with dogs...lol

Dakota goes to work with me everyday and Nannuk stays home and watches the house and TV. If I leave Dakota home I have to crate Nannuk because she will beaver through my furniture. If I take Dakota I can leave Nannuk the run of the apartment and she is fine...it's like she's telling me, "I don't need a babysitter." And like some people need their dogs...my Dakota needs her people. I'm not sure if they think they are humans or that I'm just another dog but we enjoy each other's company.

I'm sure there's more but this will have to do for now.