Lips last won the day on April 23

Lips had the most liked content!

99 Excellent

3 Followers

About Lips

Profile Information

• Interests
    making 1:12 scale miniatures, Co leading UT99 SLV clan EFF,
    playing Unreal Tournament G.O.T.Y, Collecting 19th century clothing, Collecting ancient roman/greek (B.C. era) rings, Building Computers

Contact Methods

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Two
  • Real Name
    cindy
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

3,218 profile views
  1. Hubby came home with it....The thing is hugh on the outside and tiny on the inside...I have a few things to say about it, but Ill just say that it wasn't designed for a child to play with that's for sure. I tore out the ugly staircase, and all the archways in order to create more "living space". The bathroom/bedroom wall design must have been an after thought when someone realized that it was impossible for an adult to see down the other end of the bedroom, so they pushed it back a tiny bit for a child sized head to fit in there. Adult or child, doesn't matter when it comes to using your hand in that space....there is only room for one hand, your right hand only. Anyway the house is impressive to look at from the outside......5 bay windows is a bit much. The house came with the kit box full of remaining pieces and the Instructions to build it. I scanned the instructions and uploaded them in case someone might be looking for them. I also still have the pages showing all the pieces and I will be happy to scan them and add them to this album if someone needs them... Just let me know if you do. ;o)
  2. I'd email the instruction sheets to you if I could find your email address...I have an album with photos of the instruction sheets, just click on the picture to go to the album, then scroll the images, they are the last two pictures in the Album. Click on the picture, then right click on it and Save or Copy the image. Then open it and the image should be bigger and easier to see if not then zoom it or enlarge it...I hope it helps ;o)
  3. Lips

Miniatures "Things" I've made

My real life favorite pieces of furniture replicated in 1:12 scale. I made them the way I wished they looked in real life. Also many everyday items of things in my house that I use all the time...like the cross stitch cushion that's on my real life rocking chair.....my Da Vinci Accordion and case, it doesn't make music but the bellows really work, real leather shoulder straps with working buckles and leather wrist strap and working snaps used to keep the bellows locked.. The telescope and tripod are based on the first telescope I had...the tripod legs are adjustable..the telescope is just like the real thing...it angles up and down and rotates 360 degrees....oh and of course it has real glass lenses, the eye pieces can move in or out for better focus and the spotting scope works too!
  4. Lips

Barbie Dolls

Thank you for your comment…..never was a doll collector but I suppose I must be. All the dolls I have …over 50 I think, we’re hand picked out of several garbage cans and dumpsters delivered to me by a local homeless guy I’ve known for years….first thing I learned was different types of doll hair restoration…I cleaned up and tried to make the dolls nice looking only because my friend gave them to me..so he could see I appreciated his thoughtfulness….
  5. How cute is this…..now I’ve gotta make one….
  6. Miniature needlework is so cool, first time ever seeing a tiny punch needle rug….absolutely adorable….
  7. Lips

LR00

Thank you both for your nice comments....90% of whatever you see in any of the pictures I upload in here was made by myself ....my goal is to make tiny things that look the same as the regular size and the only way to achieve that is to add as much detail as possible and that can take time. Once its done it goes into room where hopefully it well get spotted by someone. A neat, crisp, nicely lighted space brings details out of everything...I'm all about the details ;o)
  8. Lips

102 0023

10 years later.......... Thank you otterine......Im a "blonde furniture from the 50's" kind of person...dark wooden furniture can only darken the space it is in and the opposite is true with light wooden furniture...when it comes to tiny poorly lit dollhouse rooms ya gotta keep the furniture and the walls as light as possible...
  9. Lips

planemodel

The box with the airplane on it.....was the first thing I ever bought on Ebay....inside the box are all the parts to build the airplane....including a tiny propeller and an iddy biddy rubber band needed to power the propeller....landing gear with tiny rubber wheels. The instructions have the smallest size font along with detailed pictures....printed perfectly. I won it for 5 dollars, free shipping from England. The seller was the person who made the airplane model kit. Everything he put up for sell seemed to be made by himself and he made the coolest stuff. Miniatures produced in England are the absolute best there is anywhere in the world.
  10. Lips

boxrazors.JPG

Yeah miniature box cutters.....blade slides up or download...no mistaking those blades are super sharp.
  11. Lips

Dollhousebox.JPG

I designed my dollhouse and built myself...I call it The Nelson ...would you look at picture....of course Im gonna make a miniature Nelson dollhouse kit...that is a real dollhouse kit with real wooden pieces...instructions ...all ready in that pretty box.... the graphics on that box ..cant believe I made that ....
  12. Lips

Barbie Dolls

For some reason people keep giving me trashed Barbie dolls and other types of dolls they run across while dumpster diving or randomly finding them. They are always dirty, naked and with horribly abused hair. I'm not into dolls at all....but I do love restoring beat up things so I've added this to my list of hobbies. I have about 50 dolls so far, so I'm just getting started.....
  13. Lips

Barbie Dolls

Barbie dolls may not be dollhouse miniatures but I did such a good job restoring them.....recreating them.....I was hoping somebody in here might appreciate the work I did. No worries though, just like all my albums that no one sees, I would honestly be so surprised if somebody stumbled upon my gallery.....if anyone ever does I hope you enjoy my albums! :o)