Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Please Select
  • Real Name
    Lori
  • Country
    United States
  1. Welcome! It's cozy here; you'll like it a lot.
  2. You guys are killing me!! I want to try this for my REAL windows now . I just moved and I haven't a clue what I'm going to do with the windows but I'm reading this, and picturing myself cutting wood and padding it, and... I have been reading threads for almost a week non-stop now, and I'm getting SO many ideas for when things settle down and I can really dig into a house. I have to say, you people are amazing, and this site is seriously addictive. THANK YOU!!
  3. Hi and welcome! This is a great place!!
  4. wanderinon

Wedding Cakes

My first attemts at Mini Making.
  5. Welcome! I've only been a member for a week, and everyone has been so warm and friendly I can't tear myself away! I hope you find your experience here as great!
  6. Gayle, I wouldn't be bored; I love to hear about other people (my life is not the most exciting!!) - Audra (right?), my family all lives in the Midland area. It's only about 45 minutes from Frankenmuth, and if I ever move back up that way (doubtful), Frankenmuth is where I would settle. - And yes, this whole area thrives on weddings; LMAO In fact, it's a little TOO easy to get married here. Not quite as easy to get UNMARRIED, though!!! Jeninky, that would be AWESOME! (when you have a Sevierville ID, you get into all the shows and attractions really cheap; we could have lots of fun). I thought Berea was close, but I wasn't sure! - Holly, we'll have to compare notes on refurbishing. I've never done a dollhouse, let alone one that's falling apart. I plan to take my time and have a lot of fun with it. And everyone else- thanks again for the warm welcome. I'm having so much fun with this forum I'm neglecting everything else!!
  7. Flower: Either Lilacs or Honeysuckle - honeysuckle blooms wild all over the place here in the spring. You walk outside and the air is perfumed by it. Heaven. Food: Steak/and or lobster. But for more casual, you can't beat covering a slice of bread with a thin layer of cheddar and broiling it, then topping it with a sliced tomato and broiling it again. Oh. Yummy. Color? Hmmm. There are so many, but I like white and yellow together. So clean looking. Then liven it up with blues or make it warm with green or peach depending on the time of year.
  8. Thank you all for the welcome!! To answer your questions... Havana, I don't have a dollhouse at the moment, but I saw one in an antique shop that I'm eyeing up. It's definitely in need of some TLC, and I was thinking it would be a good winter project. And I plan to both buy and make the mini's. I already make wedding cakes and baked goods. And as to where I live, it's half way between Pigeon Forge and Townsend in the Wears Valley area...SOOOOO pretty here. I can't wait for fall... Chesterfieldzoo, I would love to come there in October, but I'm afraid that will have to wait a little longer. We just moved, and you know how that is...takes a couple of months to catch up. But I haven't been home in a while, so I'm thinking maybe after the new year. I'll keep an eye out for you all! Again, thank you for the welcome. I can already tell this is a really good forum.
  9. Hi! My name is Lori, and I just joined. I generally read a whole lot of posts to get the "feel" for a forum before I introduce myself, but as this is a large group, I thought it might be good to just get out there and jump in. I freely admit, I am an infant in the world of miniatures. When I started getting interested in them, I thought they were just cute little things that people bought on a whim. I am a bit red-faced now, as I learn just how extensive and involved dollhouse building and miniature collecting can be. I noticed there are a lot of people from Michigan; that's where I'm originally from, and where my family still is, so maybe sometime when I'm visiting home, I'll pass one or two of you in Frankenmuth!! (I live in Tennessee now.) So nice to meet you all, and I look forward to learning from the best!!