About MikeinOH

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Mike
  • Country
    United States
  1. In my opinion, it's best to assemble the structural components, and then seal them. It's best if you seal whatever adhesive you're using behind the seal, as most have acids that will harm your finish work, ie decor, carpeting, etc. But, I prefer to leave the trims off and paint them separately, since the will be other colors from the structure. By sealing, I do mean "prime" as you've referred to it. I use a sealer/primer, like Zinzer, again, to keep the acids in the adhesives sealed away from the decor. Whether you need to paint the door or window trim separately is really a matter of preference, and you won't really know your preference until you've done it a few times. Try looking through the owner's galleries. There are pictures of ongoing projects, and these will help you decide how you want yours to end up.
  2. MikeinOH

New girl doll 2

I always nice to have someone like Dolly Parton drop by the forum.
  3. You may need to look for and punch out the slots and tab-holes. The slot in the second floor goes from the front to just behind the stairwell opening. The slot in the partition wall goes from the rear, under a doorway, to just before where it will meet where the stairwell opening in the floor, about in the vertical center of the piece. One tab is behind the door in the partition wall, another tab is on the floor near the front wall. Again, look for the tab-holes to punch out and fit the tabs into. Tab-holes and slots are illustrated on the sheet diagrams for additional reference.
  4. I am leaving that wall out as well. I've changed the floorplan so that the area behind the stair case is the kitchen, and will be open to the back half of the living room. It seems plenty strong so far, but I think I'm going to add a support post when the time comes for long-term durability. A pic is attached .
  5. MikeinOH

P1140008.JPG

Superb work! I would love to see an exterior picture or two.
  6. I'm so happy to find this forum! I've been working on the interior of a Willowcrest which I have recently finished constructing. I'm rather pleased with it as a first attempt, but I made plenty of mistakes as well. I've found much helpful information here, and I've also started a Beacon Hill, but it's only in it's early stages at this time. Many of you have posted pictures of incredible work in your galleries, and I hope I can tap your experience!