Community Reputation

9 Neutral

About debra

• Rank
    Queen of Wallpaper Printies.
  • Birthday 05/20/59

Contact Methods

• MSN thblonde@hotmail.com
  • Website URL http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=468819015
  • ICQ 0

Profile Information

• Gender Female
  • Location Australia
  • Interests I am avery craft minded person, I will try my hand at anything, at the moment I am into minis, but I aslo paint in oil and pastels, make things from fimo clay, I sew quilts and shabby cushions and clothes etc. I make jewellery, and also play piano guitar and banjo. I can not sing lol, I would love to be able to, but we cant be able to do everything lol. I like gardening, and being outdoors. I adore my little Jack russell dog Hymie, he is the light of my life as is my son and grandson. My granson is 4 and is so adorable and smart and sweet, but then I would say that lol.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience Four
  • Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Debra
  • Country Australia

Recent Profile Visitors

2111 profile views
  1. The finished conservatory

From the album The Stone Conservatory

The Stone conservatory is about 12 inches long by 10 inches high by 8 inches wide. So making it a nice size in real life. I made the ends and sides out of paper clay over mdf board with some foam glued on to make it a bit thicker, carving out the paper clay to get a stone look. The floor is made from cast plaster of paris stones I make in mold that I have already prepared. These I painted with acrylic paints. The inside woodwork is all craft wood painted with acrylic paint in the colour of burnt umber. I have glued the wood strips onto some acetate card then cut to size, and glued in. I have actually left the top two panels not glued in, so I can lift them up for easy acces to the inside. they just seem to sit there ok for me. Along the top you will see some wires with beads on them, this is some just welding wire I pinched out of the shed off the boys lol, and slipped some brass look beads onto them. Inside I have made all the plants out of polymer clay or mulberry paper, with the exception of a couple of bought ones. I made the hanging baskets from clay as well and jewellery findings. The front and back doors, (Back arn't on yet) were made from craft wood acetate and jewellery findings as well. All in all I am so pleased with how it turned out. It looks amazing at night with lights on it, I still have to hook up my lights that I did run wires through for, but another day lol. I hope you enjoy looking at my stone conservatory, as much as I enjoyed making it. Cheers Debra.
  2. A peek inside.

A peek at some plants I made.
  3. From the album The Stone Conservatory

Th dogs seem to like it.
  4. The conservatory

Looking down from the top.
  5. A birds eye veiw

Peeking into the side of the conservatory, I made most of the plants etc, and the little white bench was made by me too.
  6. All but finished

WOW, I am so pleased with how it turned out. All I have to do now is glue up the front and back doors and connect up some lights.
  7. Working on the garden trim

Just gluing up the greenery around the outside of the conservatory, this is just railway moss and some flowers pulled from $2 shop plants etc and stuff laying around the craft room.
  8. The wooden shell is done

Made from craft wood and acetate sheets, I just cut and glued the strips to size then cut out the plastic as required, not rocket science, very easy to do. the side pieces are glued in but not the top two flaps , these I can now remove for easy acces to the inside of the conservatory.
  9. Road testing again lol

Just seeing what it will look like when finished as you do lol.
  10. Thats better

Foam stuck onto the end walls to bulk it up a bit, I will cover both of these walls with paper clay and carve into a stone effect, then paint up with acylic paints.
  11. The end walls are up

End walls of MDF board, I will have to make them thicker with some foam, or I will use too much paper clay covering them up.
  12. Just road testing

I just wanted to see what it would look like with some stuff in it lol. I made most of the plants from polymer clay.
  13. Close up of the floor

Now remember these are made from plaster of paris, I think I have decided not to laquer the floor, let me know what you think.
  14. Painted stone floor

I have painted and dry brushed, till I think I am happy with it, I dont know if I will laquer it and make it shiny like it is wet or not, decisions decisions.
  15. The floor again

Another pic of the floor, just cause I really like it lol, I have also glued in a couple of wires for the lights, (I hope they work)