• Last visited

0 Neutral

About mysallyb

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    http://community.webshots.com/user/mysallyb

Profile Information

• Interests
    Minis, sewing, knitting, English smocking, reading, quilting, and more minis, especially the 'building part'!

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Four
  • Country
    United States
  1. WooHoo! Thanks Holly. I been busy getting the shell put together, waiting on more wallpaper now. Have not done anything to the exterior yet, but this house is so easy to work on cuz you can lay it down on its back and it doesn't even fuss about it. I will check the blogs for sure
  2. Greenleaf convention! Yeah, way cool idea!!
  3. Jeri You got any pics of your bungalo? I would love to see
  4. Mini Mini good wishes for Nutti Happy Birthday!
  5. I found some painters tape made by 'Duck' and it holds better than the blue kind and is not quite as sticky as regular masking tape, so far it has worked fine. It looks just like masking tape - same color. I think I got it at WallyWorld.
  6. Okay, I know I have barely begun my McKinley but am already looking ahead. Seems once I get one all figured out I start thinking about the next. Oh Well. I have been looking for a 1930's/1940's style house sorta the Craftsman style and the only one I have seen so far is the Bayberry Cottage. What do you all think? Anybody done one? It's a lot bigger than I thought and is made of 3/8" MDF which I have never used. My sister bulit the San Franciscan and it is georgous but it weights a TON! Know of any other houses from this era? Now on to Ms Mckinley.
  7. Welcome Debbie! My very first was also the Ashley for my mother, wow have i learned lots since then. Mostly here on this forum. What other kits do you have? Can't wait to see your pix. We really do love our 'eye candy' here!
  8. Oh, this is tooo great. And to make you all feel a little better. I live alone now and it's sorta like being on a speeding freight train with no brakes. Like when I am in the mini shop with nothing but my rent money and I am thinking, Welllll no one would know if I didn't pay the rent! But, I can leave my mess out whereever I want and my Annabelle has a place of prominence in my lr window cuz I like it there. And I had all my hair cut off like about 1 inch long cuz now I don't have to spend time on that and have more mini time! So guess I have it pretty good actually.
  9. Well I know Holly! We just think we own them, but it's really the other way around! Now I have a question, not sure if this is the right place for it, but it is my next step here. Here is where I am. Ready to prime/paint my floors. I want to score/stain my living room floor, but need to prime/paint the underside. If I prime the underside only won't it warp? I hate warping!! But of course will have to wait til the primer is all dry b4 I do the other side. I know this is really dumb but I don't know what to do here.
  10. Okay, she's going to be Victorian cuz that's what she is telling me. I love Victorian, just have been wanting something different, but I will save that thought for when I get another house which, I hope, will be the Westville and I will do it in a 1940's theme. I am happy now. The pre planning is always the hardest part for me. I know I want it yellow cuz it's going on my office wall and this room will be mostly yellow, so probably yellow with white trim and some little accent color like blue or green. Hopefully I can get started this Saturday. So far I have the back glued together and that's all. Love you all
  11. Wow, you guys are a great help. Now I just have to decide. I have time tho cuz I need to buy primer first and have to wait til payday! I may just go for it and do a very formal Victorian since this hous is so small, it would be more affordable, not like the Annabelle which still stands pretty empty. I may leave out the hallway. Seems that I always have to change something. Thanks for the picture, Tracy, at least I know that what I was thinking can be done. Hugz to all of you
  12. Thanks Holly! My first real house was the Annabelle/Pierce. I'm just kinda tired of sooo much Victoriana. But this one keeps speaking to me that it wants to be Victorian. Sometimes I just don't listen.
  13. I am starting my McKinley and having trouble deciding on a 'theme' for it. I am considering leaving off the tower, bashing the porch trim and omitting the 'gingerbread'. but the house is really Victorian so I am afraid it will look weird. I want to paint it yellow and white. Any ideas?
  14. Hi Laura and welcome to the forum! You are so fortunate to have this forum as you get started. My first house was a Duracraft and I was completely clueless I started out with tacky glue and a steak knife. Some things you learn as you go. Just have fun and enjoy it. We all learn from our mistakes, kinda part of the addiction I guess cause we always want to start something new and do it better. You will for sure learn a lot here, these are the greatest guys and sooo good for a morale boost! Cant wait to see your progress.
  15. Oh, thanks Teresa. I think I get it now. You guys are sooooo great. I look forward to 'visiting with you!