• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Andrea
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

1,675 profile views
  1. It is only a 2 hour event. I will be with my house. I don't have anything really expensive as far as furnishings. So I think it will be okay. I am prepared to have to repair things when it is all said and done.
  2. Hey Everyone! I am part of my local junior women's club chapter. We are hosting a night at the library for children to increase interest in reading. I am heading up the photo booth where the children will pose next to my dollhouse acting as the giant. It is going to be darling! Just had to share my excitement! Have a great weekend, Andrea
  3. andrea_burgess

Pixie Hollow Peeps (LOL)

My fall/winter project while my husband is deployed is to create a Pixie Hollow like build for these adorable little fairies.
  4. Thanks! That's exactly the size illusion I was going for!!
  5. I love Washington too! That's my home state. I've lived in Virginia for 3 years now and it just doesn't and probably never will feel like home.
  6. That's the scary thing with the military, especially the Navy. When storms like this hit all sailors must be aboard the ships so they can pull out to sea and avoid the damaging winds that can smash them against the pier. I've been through a few storms where my husband had to go aboard the ship and just leave me. It's hard stuff!!!
  7. I live right over the North Carolina/Virginia border. Some places in Northeast North Carolina have issued evacuations. We'll just have to see how it goes. I have stocked up on supplies and stored things from my yard as well. On the bright side of things, I ordered a Laurel dollhouse, it was supposed to be here Friday but showed up today. I'm happy to know that my miniature house won't have to endure the hurricane storm. LOL
  8. The auction still has a day and a half, but no one has bid against me (knock on wood!) so hopefully it will be mine in a few days. Thanks for the encouragement. :welcome:
  9. Okay so good news, they fit into most of the houses I have already built...which are all 1:12. They look a little squished in the attic rooms, but are just fine on the main levels. They almost fit through the doors, wings are just a touch too tall, but I can work around that. I am bidding on a SW Crafts Fantasy Island house on Ebay. It has two good sized floors and the upper level doesn't have a dropped ceiling so it should be perfect. Yay!!!
  10. Hey All, I am bidding on a 1978 SW Crafts Fantasy Island Dollhouse. The seller says she thinks all the pieces are there, but it doesn't have instructions. It seems simple enough to build without and I plan to bash anyway. Does anyone have any experience with this house? I saw a couple pics in the gallery. Does anyone happen to have a set of instructions? Is the house 1:12? Thanks in advance, Andi
  11. That's kind of what I am thinking. Get a cute house and build it into a tree. I think it will be neat, I just have to find the right house. Thanks for all the suggestions.
  12. andrea_burgess

IMG_3587.JPG

Hey! I just bid on this house on Ebay, I was curious if it is 1:12 or smaller? Thanks in advance. I love the house, you did a great job.