• Last visited

• Days Won

Test last won the day on May 17 2022

Test had the most liked content!

8 Neutral

About Test

Profile Information

• Interests
    Crafting, dollhouses, crochet, knitting, sewing, painting, woodwork, polymer clay, reading

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Heddy
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

477 profile views
  1. They sell small wooden, unfinished beads in bulk at Most of the major craft stores and you can use multiple layers of quilling paper for the main structure, or design on a Cricut (they have them in many libraries now—Maker Spaces—if you don’t own one)
  2. Shannon, can I ask where this photo came from, a catalog perhaps? thank you!
  3. I agree Holly, it’s just floating out there.
  4. Thank you Shannon, I think this could be it!
  5. I recently came into possession of this house and was hoping someone could help me to identify it. Many thanks!
  6. Bromley brick and stone stencils and powder are available in the US at “Dolls and Minis” in Ohio. I recently placed a reorder. The owner is fantastic to work with and ships quickly.
  7. I’ve purchased floral foam rectangles from Dollar Tree, used a dowel the same width as the pill capsules to make impressions and used this to hold the pill capsule halves for filling. I fill them with epoxy that I carefully add with a toothpick so it doesn’t spill over the sides and let harden over night. Once the epoxy cures you can remove and add a bead cap. The gelatin will no longer dissolve. Hope this helps!
  8. Hello, I was wondering if anyone could please help me identify this house I am considering purchasing.
  9. I found excellent tutorials using traditional brass and heat shrink tubing at “Jennifer’s Miniatures” on Facebook. Scroll through all the postings and pics for tons of other great tutorials
  10. I lady is selling this locally, but does not wish to break open the box. Unfortunately, there is no picture on the box which measures about 3x6’.
  11. Hello all, Wondering if anyone might have pictures of a kit from the 1980s called the Holiday Dollhouse. The manufacturer is the Doll House Mfg Co. out of Hammonton, New Jersey. I saw an unopened, boxed kit for sale in my neighborhood, but there were no pictures of the finished dollhouse available. Thanks
  12. I have used mat board successfully for many of my miniature furniture projects, but the Queen of mat board in my opinion is Kris Compas. She has a section devoted to how to work with the product on her website: http://1inchminisbykris.blogspot.com/ Disclaimer: one can get lost for several hours on her site
  13. Saw this home on www.estatesales.net, searched "dollhouse," and thought I would share. Love the colors and exterior landscape. Check out this link for complete details and interior pics! https://ctbids.com/#!/description/share/198139
  14. Very cute scene! If you are thinking of using a glass container for the tank, they sell small glass jars that are a little taller in the airbrush section of many craft shops (Michaels and Hobby Lobby come readily to mind). The cap is usually a black plastic twist on and can easily be painted white if desired. I would definitely secure the items to the cap first as if you were making a snow globe. This video shows how the fish were created and embedded in their own resin "water" prior to the whole tank being filled with resin so that affixing to an actual structure wouldn't be as much of an issue. I have used both fake water for artificial plants and two part epoxies/resins for my fish tanks. If you decide that bubbles are a problem, mix slowly and then you can exhale on the resin after you pour and the carbon dioxide in your breath should pop them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEgki4IYB5I&feature=share I have created polymer clay fish for my tanks as well as print/draw on shrinky dink material so that you can size how you wish. If you use this second method, you can also draw/print the castle and fish all in one and affix to the cap/cork. Best of luck!
  15. Thank you for the pics Matt! That is it. The tower wasn’t attached in the photo, but it is identical to what you posted.